1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Is your watch a necessary gear item?

Discussion in 'Watches' started by DayPackDeacon, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Dingle1911

Dingle1911 Loaded Pockets

Trust me, you don't want us office workers opening up anything on the copier. We might believe we have the ability to fix something.

On a serious note. I enjoy wearing a watch and always having the ability to see the time. I could do without, but I like my watch.

2. dplafoll

dplafoll Loaded Pockets

I have found that wearing a watch gives me a single, consistently-located source of the current time and date. Rather than hunt for a computer screen, or take my phone out, it's always in the same place on my wrist. I like that little bit of routine. The only place I don't really look at my watch is while driving; otherwise, I look at the watch over almost any other time display.

Dingle1911 likes this.
  3. Dingle1911

Dingle1911 Loaded Pockets

Well said dplafoll, it is about consistency.

4. jester8798

jester8798 Loaded Pockets

I wear one daily, it's weird without one. Even though I usually have my phone I still check my watch most of the time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

5. Wildcat14

Wildcat14 Loaded Pockets

I quit wearing one several years ago. I kept breaking them at work. Although, I never bought anything expensive to wear to work (HVAC), it was still aggravating. Seems like the last one I bought maybe only lasted a few days. I stopped wearing one a work and just got in the habit of looking at my phone. Eventually just stopped wearing one when not a work too. I've probably wore one 10 times the last five years maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. dan.05

dan.05 Loaded Pockets

Yes during the week an it's quicker than the phone and more style on the weekend.

"Another day, a whole 'nother set of possibilities."

MacGyver

7. CBisch

CBisch Loaded Pockets

I almost always wear an ABC watch for the same reasons others described. Quicker than the phone, has a compass if I need it and I like using the altimeter at times, not to mention if its solar powered it'll never run out of juice.

MCPOWoller and Moshe ben David like this.