1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Is there a decent 22mag hide gun?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by azranger, Jan 17, 2010.

1. azranger

azranger Loaded Pockets

Is there a decent, inexpensive 22mag hide gun out there?? I want something small, but effective for close range and CCW carry. I have some ideas, but would like to hear what others say, thanks in advance.

2. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

I love my NAA mini - comes with either LR or Mag -...the Pugs are nice too - magnum....NAA stuff is like fine jewlery the machining is so good. Pugs are kinda new if you want pawn shops, but even new the prices aren't bad. plus they are revolvers...so they always work, etc... ;D
    http://www.naaminis.com/index02.html

not sure if that's what you are looking for....

3. azranger

azranger Loaded Pockets

I kind of was thinking about the Black Widow one, but I do like the Ruger LCR. Kind of a completely different gun, but still very concealable.

4. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

well, I own and carry the LCR daily( M-F) to and from office, and occasionally on the weekends. it's a fantastic gun...but it's no .22mag :p

5. mtwarden

mtwarden Loaded Pockets

6. JB in SC

JB in SC Loaded Pockets

S&W is introducing a new Model 351C, a .22 Mag (seven shot) in a centennial. Weighs eleven ounces.

7. HOMELAND SECURITY HAM

HOMELAND SECURITY HAM Loaded Pockets

Hi,

I think there is only one perfect .22 mag for pocket EDC. In my opinion the High Standard 2 shot deringer is the best and on my wish list. With the grips removed (it has flat sides under the grip panels) it is slim and fits easily in your pocket. It has an approx 12 lb double action only trigger pull with an alternating firing pin. Unlike the NAA .22 Mag you do not have to hope you have time :censored: it in time to use it if you need it in an emergency. More cops carry one in their pockets on duty as a back up. Good choice for a pocket piece, the .22 Mag has almost the energy of a 9mm.

8. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

9. jdub4key
    • In Omnia Paratus

jdub4key Loaded Pockets

Second on North American Arms. They make some nice .22's in the $200-$250 range. I also like the look of the Cobra Derringers, but havent checked out many reviews. I just seen a 2 shot 9mm Cobra Derringer with a chrome finish and 2.75 inch barrel for $150 that looks interesting as a pocket pistol.

10. tradja

tradja Loaded Pockets

A .22LR Cobra Derringer is one of the only guns I've ever sold. I got it in a trade. It looked cool and I thought I'd keep it around as a novelty. Mine had approximately a 35lb trigger pull -- no kidding, it was crazy. Some threads on gun forums put the pull at 40lbs+.

I know these are not target pistols but mine shot approximately 5 feet low at 3 yards and had a light strike on the bottom barrel. The little pot metal firing pin "nubbin" seemed to be installed backwards. When reversed, it worked better.

The pawn shop gave us $50 trade value towards my wife's deer rifle and I feel fortunate to be rid of it (Yes, as a matter of integrity I disclosed the gun's issues to them). They put it out marked $90 and sold it within days, but I'm glad I didn't have to face the irate buyer after they took it to the cinder pit.

I wanted the Cobra to be cool but it just wasn't. Based on range experiences with a friend's much larger NAA, I was impressed with the "Swiss watch" construction and may look into a NAA .22.

11. jdub4key
    • In Omnia Paratus

jdub4key Loaded Pockets

Thanks on the comments re Cobra's. It will definately cause me to put in extra reading/reviewing before pulling the hammer on one.

12. tpd223

tpd223 Empty Pockets

The usefulness of Derringers for defense ended prior well to the year 1900, I see no use for them when there are so many really good small autos and revolvers available that fit the bill FAR better.

In a really small gun you'd be better off with a Beretta .25 or .32, in a bigger gun, something like a J frame, .38, or even .32mag makes far more sense.

13. tradja

tradja Loaded Pockets

If you're planning to pull the trigger on a Cobra, start working out now:
    Click here. You'll need it.

;D

14. HOMELAND SECURITY HAM

HOMELAND SECURITY HAM Loaded Pockets

In a serious situation there have been many of the High Standards held under a ticket book and held so they were pointed at an driver that was involved in a traffic stop with out the violator even knowing it.

If you ever observed a .22 mag discharged at night, out of a High Standard derringer, the burning powder that was designed to burn in a longer rifle barrel that has left the derringers barrel makes for an increadible, impressive, fire ball. The muzzle flash in a darkened area can encompass 6 feet. It will light up the interior of a car.

15. acropolis5

acropolis5 Loaded Pockets

JB, do you have any more info or a link re the new S&W 351c you mentioned?