1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Is the TAD Ranger hoodie really worth $200

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Pineapple Devil, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil Loaded Pockets

is it that nice?

2. theotherphil

theotherphil Loaded Pockets

It is very nice! If it is worth it to you is a different matter....it was for me though! It's my go to jacket and has been used hard for nearly 2 years now.

3. Pineapple Devil

well it doesn't matter now. the two sites that showed they had them in stock don't after all. can't find a shag master either

4. Sicknsore

Sicknsore Empty Pockets

Guess with 200 bucks you can consider yourself lucky, i gotta pay almost twice the us dollar in japan for the hoodie :brickwall:

5. illusion

illusion Loaded Pockets

+1 The ranger is nice

6. Pineapple Devil

anyone know where i can find a medium...or possibly even a small ranger, stealth, or shag master m.o.g?

7. WoodMotorsports

WoodMotorsports Loaded Pockets

I seen a guy on the TAD facebook comment that he was selling his medium ranger.

I love mine!

8. SpranK

SpranK Empty Pockets

I'll never buy any other fleece again...I can't wait for the recon to come.

9. SpranK

SpranK Empty Pockets

Looks like LaRue Tactical still has a MED. brwon in stock, and you might get lucky on Ebay, but watch for the airsoft fakes.

10. Pineapple Devil

called them yesterday. all out of medium in both colors

11. radicalray

radicalray Empty Pockets

Finally bought a V5 last year. Its by far my favorite jacket. Its made with Polartec Windpro so thats a know quanity. We had winds of 30mph temps and temps in the 30F and I did not have to put my shell over it. I wore a t shirt and long sleeve shirt and it kept me warm it is made of heavier weight fleece, felt the chill on my face and hands though , It will handle showers but obvioulsy not any rain. Quality and fit and finish is good. Most other jackets with Windpro cost just about the same North Face etc. but nowhere near the style. Once they are back in stock I'm going to order another one in black.

[img width=427 height=640]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2782/4300004488_f437bf0eb1_b.jpg[/img]

12. Claren

Claren Loaded Pockets

I think that this is an excellent point. Most folks get sticker shock at TAD prices, but they are really quite comparable to the big-name outdoor companies (Pata-gucci, The North Face, etc). My main issue with TAD is that their warranty can't compete with those offered by the same companies (Patagonia, for instance). This is to be expected for a smaller "boutique"-style store that does limited runs. Still, a no-questions-asked lifetime warranty is hard to argue with.

And I love my Ranger hoodie.

13. keymaster

keymaster Loaded Pockets

I first found the Ranger online in January 09. And watched as they quickly sold out. It was out of my price range for a fleece. For the next 9 months I kept visiting the TAD site. And when they finally released the V5 I ordered. Well worth it. Perfect for any EDC fanatic. It is really more of a jacket than a fleece. But comfortable enough that I wear it both inside and outside. When it is really cold I wear a fleece under it and a jacket over it. I live near the great lakes and the Ranger is my favorite layer.

14. SchismTSK

SchismTSK Empty Pockets

Yeah. It's that nice. I arrived to San Francisco on Friday. I figured I’d try my luck at the store being that the hoodies were always sold out on the web site. I ended up scoring on the last medium size in M.E. Brown. It was the display model! It’s it that nice? Yeah it is, especially after traveling several miles to score on the last medium in the store. But this is beside the point. I want to say the boy’s at TAD Gear are nothing short of awesome.

15. shrap

shrap Loaded Pockets

Even if it's not that nice, the fact that there's such a high demand for it means that you can sell it for pretty close to what you bought it for (if not more).

16. dobe

dobe Empty Pockets

Who says they will be back in stock? Is there an ETA? Or are you just referring to next fall when they probably release v6?

17. Claren

Claren Loaded Pockets

There is
    They won't be "back in stock", but there it has been confirmed that the release of the V6 will be fall 2010.

18. Pineapple Devil

19. BriteLumens

BriteLumens Loaded Pockets

Anyone know if the Ranger Hoodie ( current version ) is made in the US? I know some of their jackets are contract elsewhere.

20. keymaster

keymaster Loaded Pockets

Yep. Their site will tell you. Just click on SPECS. It says "MADE IN THE USA" at the top of the list above the "Fit" heading. If it is made elsewhere then they leave that line blank.