1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Is the Rush 24 worth purchasing? Any similar tactical backpacks?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Nick22N, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Nick22N

Nick22N Empty Pockets

Hey everyone! I recently started carrying a lot of edc gear with me. But my current backpack is highly inadequate for carrying lots of gear. Please advice me on a good Tactical backpack thats not too bulky, preferably under 35 litre capacity. I have selected 5.11 Rush 24 as it has amazing organizing capability and quality but Its quite expensive here in India, its around $150. So, are there any other tactical backpacks for a lesser price? But I really dont want to compromise on the quality and the organizing ability for my edc. I NEED those pockets. And I currently carry a quechua Escape 22XC. How bigger than this is the rush 24 ? My daily load is
    couple of notebooks, a jacket, lunch in a small plastic container, many a bulky textbook, one litre water bottle, pocket knife, flashlight, fire starter and tinder, paracord, my headphones, 15" laptop laptop ( rarely ), and loads of small daily use objects like coins, earphones, id, pens, sharpie, etc
    Please Advice. Thank you!

2. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

Ive got all kinds of bags but always go back to my Rush 12.
    Also got 24 they are well worth the money
    Similar current bags are direct action , first tactical

3. Ike582

Ike582 Loaded Pockets

Both the Rush 12 and the Rush 24 packs are fantastic. (I own both.) Both offer similar organization, but the R24 has a fantastic tall zipper pocket on each side. The R12 is listed at 24 liters, and the R24 at 33 liters. However, I've found that if I load up the R24 it's just way too heavy to drag around all day. Moreover, the R12 holds everything I need for my daily carry, more than you would expect!

Nick22N likes this.
  4. Nick22N

Nick22N Empty Pockets

Based on the stuff I'll be carrying around everyday, will the rush 12 hold em all? I don't want to stuff the bag till its ready to burst and then carry it around. Is the rush 12 suitable for all my edc and daily gear? Or should I opt for 24?

5. Ike582

Ike582 Loaded Pockets

Once you add the bulky stuff the R24 might suit you better. You will love the side zipper pocket on the R24 for your water bottle.

Nick22N likes this.
  6. mauiblue

mauiblue Loaded Pockets

I love 5.11 Tactical backpacks. I went all in with the RUSH 72 model and I sometimes connect the MOAB 10 to the backpack. Yes, I carry that much stuff at one point but now I just use the RUSH 72 backpack only - everyday. I am on the road 12 to 14 hours a day and I want to have the important items I need day to day with me. I'm sure the RUSH 24 will meet your needs though. This backpack is worth it.

7. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

The only way to know is to see both bags in the flesh basically. I really thought that the 12 would have done me but after examining one and a 24 side by side, I bought the 24. :)

To be fair, I don't actually EDC this bag on a regular basis, I don't normally carry a bag period, I bought it as a trip away/camping/holiday sort of bag, it's great for carrying all the sort of items that you may want whilst on an adventure/on a city break/away from home I'd say. Maybe I could have got away with using a 12 but that would have been busting at the seams, I'd rather have a bit of slack in the bag, that's handy to have especially if you pick up an item along the way or the weather turns hot and you just want to store an item of clothing in there.

Nick22N likes this.
  8. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

First tactial bag is alike but improved made by a 5.11 founder

Nick22N likes this.
  9. Fire Fighter

Fire Fighter Loaded Pockets

I use a Rush 12 for EDC and a Rush 72 for my fire fighting gear. A 15 inch laptop won't fit in the Rush 12 but will fit in the Rush 24.

If you do get a Rush 24 be careful of the version you buy. The current updated version has the 5.11 logo patch sewn onto the molle. The previous version has a slightly larger patch sewn straight onto the bag in the same location but without the molle.

10. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Careful of what exactly?
    Is there any difference aside from how the label is attached?

11. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

I should have added that the differences between the R12/R24 and the first tactical are slight but the price point is large.

12. SEDACON

SEDACON Loaded Pockets

After all the Maxpedition bags I collected over the years, I EDCed the Rush 24 for a while. Great bag. Holds a ton. I've since moved on to the Covrt 18. The biggest difference for me with the 18, is the sunglass/phone pocket up top. Way bigger on the 18. I could barely fit my Oakleys in the 24s pocket. Miss some of the molle from the 24, but either bag would suite you well.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

13. Fire Fighter

The upgrade versions have a heap of features the earlier models didn't, including redesigned harness yoke for greater strength, a storm flap over the zippers, a laptop pouch in the Rush 24, better routing for a hydration bladder, and so on.

Check out the YouTube page for 5.11 Tactical for more info.

EDIT: spelling

14. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

OK now I understand what you were talking about but......it has been more than 5 years since the newer models came out too.
    I asked as I have had mine for 3 years maybe and am not aware of any changes since then so I was going to be pissed if they snuck changes in behind my back!
    I have a hard time thinking there are too many chances of getting an older one if buying new by now?
    But who knows.

15. Fire Fighter

The
    The OP writer mentioned he was in India and thd prices were high so was shopping around. I bought my Rush 12 about 6 months ago via Ebay from an Australian outdoors store but did notice a lot of sellers (from Australia, New Zealand, Philippines, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Great Britain and the USA) were still trying to move old stock.