1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Is LA Police Gear reputable for G-Shocks?

Discussion in 'Watches' started by BobBeezer, May 17, 2014.

1. BobBeezer

BobBeezer Empty Pockets

So I've ordered from LA Police Gear before and never had an issue with their products or service. However, I recently ordered my GR7900KG-3CR from them and I just realized the warranty card isn't filled our or stamped. Did I get a counterfeit watch or did they just neglect to fill out my card (thus rendering the warranty void?). I'm really bummed about this though I haven't had any issues with the watch thus far even in water. Thanks for the help in advance.

2. Nikos01

Nikos01 Empty Pockets

I've been dealing with them for years and have never had an issue. I've had to contact their customer service once or twice and they were very professional and helpful. Give them a call.

Sharaz_Jek likes this.
  3. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Its been a while, and though many have no issue with LAPG, I will not buy from them because of the way they treated me when I purchased a Hazard4 Kato from them. They didn't ship when they said they would. When I emailed they told me they had made a mistake in counting and said they just got it in. When they sent a PO confirmation it didn't ship for a week. I emailed again and they said they just got them in and shipped it out. It took weeks for something they said they had in stock when I ordered, and then said they had in stock when I asked why they hadn't shipped.

Though I hadn't heard a lot of complaints about them. They just won't get my money again.

T.H.Cone likes this.
  4. BobBeezer

BobBeezer Empty Pockets

While I wait for their customer service to get back to me, does having an incomplete warranty card render the warranty invalid? thanks in advance.

5. MCPOWoller

MCPOWoller Loaded Pockets

I've ordered quite a few things from them over the years, including a Casio Pathfinder and never an issue. YMMV. They gave me a military discount on top of the discount coupon I had.

6. BobBeezer

BobBeezer Empty Pockets

Well, I'm happy to report that after a worrisome delay in any kind of response, LA Police Gear did get back to me. They weren't sure about the warranty cards, so they reached out to Casio to get clarity on how that works. They're having me send my warranty card back (on their dime) to be filled out and certified and then sent back to me. I guess they never had anyone question the warranty card before?

7. oranges

oranges Loaded Pockets

Many dealers, including authorized ones, claim that they leave it blank and open ended so that if you ever run into an issue you can fill it out on your own to redeem it within the allotted time period.

8. BobBeezer

BobBeezer Empty Pockets

Doesn't it require the stamp though?

9. oranges

oranges Loaded Pockets

I've never had issues getting warranty work without it. Plus, worse case an authorized dealer should honor it.

BobBeezer likes this.
  10. BobBeezer

BobBeezer Empty Pockets

Good to know. I wasn't sure, but I was getting the vibe that it was important. thanks for the input.

11. oranges

oranges Loaded Pockets

Don't take my word for it. Just my personal experience. I am surprised at how many G Shocks I have gotten with no data on the actual card.

BobBeezer likes this.