1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Ipod Touch/Iphone Setups

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by blackhatch, Feb 6, 2010.

1. blackhatch

blackhatch Empty Pockets

Just wanted to see how others were carrying thier ipod/iphones and what accessorys they liked/disliked.
    Ill start:

Ipod Touch 8gig 199.99
    Invisable shield 10.00
    Body Glove Diamond Mirage case 15.00
    Incase leather case 30.00
    Brookstone leather headphone pouch 5.00
    Apple headphones with remote(stock set pictured) 30.00

[img width=640 height=480]http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo132/peegee1087/RonsEdcPics001.jpg[/img]
    [img width=640 height=480]http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo132/peegee1087/RonsEdcPics021.jpg[/img]
    And heres the shiny back! been in a case since day 1! (also note that this is a RARE adidas edition)
    [img width=640 height=480]http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo132/peegee1087/RonsEdcPics023.jpg[/img]

I have tried all kinds of different ways to carry my ipod and this is my favorite so far. The ipod itself is very solid feeling and i wanted to keep it that way but i also wanted a low maintenence way to keep it protected (without feeling bulky) ,and this my friends is perfect for me!

I also love the invisable shield,and the incase holster fits nice and snug! good belt clip too. Apple headphones are ok. Still looking for a nice set that has the same features as apples with the remote.

What are you guys rockin?

2. fiveminutes

fiveminutes Loaded Pockets

for my iphone 3gs i use the otterbox case and feel really good about it. i have dropped it a few times and no damage what so ever. it has also held up well to my three year old's prying hands.

i have an older ipod and just threw an invisible shield on it when i got it and keep it in my pocket loose no scratches at all never had a problem, although apparently the shields can slip off over time if not installed correctly. think they are called zagg now.

3. prime77

prime77 Loaded Pockets

Here's my setup.
    [​IMG]

4. ObiHann

ObiHann Loaded Pockets

5. Soulriot
    • Administrator
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

Soulriot EDCF Rule Enforcer
    Staff Member

I also use the otterbox on my iPhone. Had one on my first gen iPhone and now on my 3GS. I keep it free in my pocket usally.

6. ace19636

ace19636 Loaded Pockets

i love that lether case i need one of those! :gimme:

7. blackhatch

blackhatch Empty Pockets

yeah that leather case is very nice! who makes that?

8. el chupacabra

el chupacabra Loaded Pockets

Waiting for the Magpul case to become available... ;D

9. shrap

shrap Loaded Pockets

Case durability is way overblown, I have an Incipio Feather (super thin case) and have dropped my iPhone all day long, no problems. I have experienced lots of cracks, but those are due to the back heating up/cooling down which a case would probably make worse. Good thing Apple recognizes their phones are garbage and has a pretty liberal warranty.

Edited to add: screen protectors are a complete rip off. They're softer than the glass screen so they scratch easier. I ran without one for 6 months, my glass had some scratches that were unnoticeable when the screen is on. They're only useful if you're planning to sell your phone which is why I've reluctantly put one on.

10. ObiHann

ObiHann Loaded Pockets

there was a link right below the pic :lolhammer: but its made by sena cases. I bought it because it doubles as a wallet. There is a ID slot, and 3 card slots, each one can hold up to two. My only complaint is it has no screen protection, so if that worries you get a clear cover (it never bothered me), however the big problem that does bug me is one of the three card slots when used, covers the hole for the camera lol. Either way its enough my drivers license, health card, bank card, insurance and credit card. I love grabbing that and knowing I have everything I need.

11. Pheonix886

Pheonix886 Loaded Pockets

I have an old, clear griffen case that's not really made anymore.

It's pretty cheap, but it is two piece, and has raised edges to protect the screen from falls.

Also have on a really cheap screen protector that came with it.

I'm not thrilled with either of those, but I got more important stuff to buy. The stuff I have with it works good enough.

Also using skullcandy titans. Really nice earbuds. 35 bucks shipped, stellar warranty, a good carrying case, exchangable ear tips. The cord on skullcandies are also longer than usual, which is good for EDC (when you are in a big coat and stuff). And has an inline volume control.

12. mkphc

mkphc Loaded Pockets

does anyone have an otterbox case that they use with another type of belt clip hoelster?
    the stock otterbox clip SUCKS

13. Rah14

Rah14 Empty Pockets

I use the Otterbox Commuter TL for my phone. It's one of those combo-types with hard plastic and rubber for grip. So far so good, but rubber = major dust magnet if you care about those things. The case is fairly easy to pull out of my pockets because the majority of the backing is hard plastic.

Avoid the 'Case Mate Barely There' style cases that are super thin and only cover the back. Their chrome/ss bezel of the phone around the screen is still exposed. A better alternative to this type of case would be something like Speck's 'Candy Shell'. It better protects the bezel around the screen, and has an additional layer of rubber between hard case and phone.

14. dlcrouch

dlcrouch Loaded Pockets

I wanted a setup with both a belt clip for EDC and an armband for running - settled on the Marware Sportshell convertible. Belt clip seems a bit flimsy, but hasn't broken yet and i'm hard on stuff.

15. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

when i got my iphone i also got a leather case for it. a little costly ,, i hate it. is it ok for dressup but cant handle day to day work ..also i cat always here the phone ringing and on vibrate i cant even feel it. i got a maxpedition iphone case and its wonderful. easy to wear takes abuse
    has a couple ways to carry it im happy!

16. mkphc

mkphc Loaded Pockets

what model # is the case

could you show me a pic?

17. mr.hauser

mr.hauser Loaded Pockets

i keep my touch unprotected in my pocket. Why get something thin if you are just going to bulk it up?

18. mkphc

mkphc Loaded Pockets

to protect it
    i do not have a desk job and im worried about dirt, and water, and abuse

19. sloopy70

sloopy70 Loaded Pockets

I use this one... Used to use a silicone case, but this hybrid is pretty awesome... has grippy spots, but is still slippery enough to come out of pockets easily, also has the kickstand for watching podcasts or movies...

[​IMG]

20. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Empty Pockets

I use to hate cases. All the time.

With my first iPhone, I swapped the back to a black back(which at the time was rare), and I wanted mine to look visibly different. After the 3G was hacked, I picked up a used one for a bit. I tried using an Incase Slider for a bit but really didn't like the bulk, and how the grippy material came off. And I actually like how sleek the phone looks, and didn't like covering it up. Wrapsol came out with their matte body film, and I loved the hell out of this. My phone was no longer slippery and it matched my MacBook :)

But then my phone took too many drops and incurred all sorts of problems, and I needed to get a new one. I picked up a beat up white 3G that had a broken screen for dirt cheap, than transferred my old screen into it. I figured I needed a case for this to avoid it falling apart, and to cover all the dings and scratches on the back. I bought a black Power Support Air Jacket(the finish started coming off), then an Incipio Feather, which I thought was the best case up until recently. The case held up great, it looked good and it wasn't slippery. But exposing the screens during drops was no good for me :x I found out Incase Slider's finish is much better than it was at first, so I picked up another one a few weeks ago.

I don't really mind the bulk as much now, and kind of appreciate the stealthier look an all black case that covers the bezel looks. Plus matte black on white looks real nice. It matches my MacBook way more now :) I also have been using Power Support screen films since the third generation of iPods for all sorts of my gadgets they make one for. The only thing I dislike about the combo is that if you don't get the film on 100% right, the case will make it bubble at the corners.

[​IMG]