1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

iPhone On a Belt

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by gooseman1991, Mar 22, 2013.

1. gooseman1991

gooseman1991 Loaded Pockets

Anyone out there got any good suggestions for a belt holster for iPhone. I hate that fact that I can't feel my phone vibrate on my belt and I usually prefer vibrate only mode. At the same time I'm trying to free up pocket space for more EDC gear. Ideas?

Goose

2. eagle9516

eagle9516 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have an iphone 4 and love this combination. This is the lifeproof case and is exactly that! It is waterproof, dust proof, shockproof and meets military specs. The belt clip rotates and comes with two clips for the holster for a tactical belt size and regular belt size. I have been using this combination for years and they also have accessories for working out and biking. The belt clip is very reliable in which I had this on for several tactical operations. Additionally, you can see that the case is super thin. Hopefully this works for you. And I have never missed a vibrating text message, email or call with this setup. Unfortunately the case and the belt holster are sold separately because the company knows that some people carry their phone in their pocket.

3. shmook

shmook Loaded Pockets

Similar to above, the griffin survivor case comes with a belt clip, which also turns into a stand for your phone too.

It's quite a bulky case though :)

4. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

And the otterbox defender has a belt clip too.

I don't reccomend them out of the box though, there is two spiky "ears" on it that poke you in the guts if you wear it at 1-2 or 10-11 o'clock on your belt
    I grind mine off with a dremel (I have also been through a few defenders on my iPhone 4s)

I will be trying the life proof case next

5. Myth90045

Myth90045 Loaded Pockets

I would also suggest the Ballistic case. The holster is comfortable and sometimes I would not know that it is there. The only thing I do not like / care for is the home button cover. It covers the home button, but it is really hard to press down. Maybe I just have weak thumbs? lol

6. MadJoe

MadJoe Loaded Pockets

+1 for the Otterbox. I've been using Otterbox products for years and years. Their holsters are awesome.

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk

7. Gryffin
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gryffin Loaded Pockets

I've never had any luck with belt carry. The combination of a shell, a holder, and the clip makes the phone too thick, and I inevitably "catch" the phone on something, and bust something, usually the clip. Don't think I've ever had one last even three months before destroying it.

That said, the Lifeproof case looks pretty compact, I might have to see if it can take my abuse...

8. remdds

remdds Loaded Pockets

The case looks great. I would have trouble with it on my belt however. I usually just front pocket the iphone but
    it is a step backward from the older smaller regular phones.

9. Nightrain349

Nightrain349 Loaded Pockets

+1 I am enjoying the LifeProof with the belt clip, feels very secure to me.

10. chevyscrounger

chevyscrounger Loaded Pockets

I carry a defender or magpul case in a maxpedition phone case horizontally on my belt. Works for me.

MadJoe likes this.
  11. bigfoot

bigfoot Loaded Pockets

TAD Gear phone pouch. Been going strong for 5 years. It's getting a little worn, but has held up really well. Not much room inside; really just for the phone and a bumper or very slim protective case.

12. DaPro

DaPro Loaded Pockets

I gave up on belt cases after a couple breaks and one cell phone loss, my phone stays in my bag all the time and on vibrate, with saying that I want to suggest you check out the LG Tone headset, it just hangs around your neck and vibrates when you receive a call, it tucks nicely under any collar, I wear mine under a polo collar daily
    Link

13. Changchung

Changchung Loaded Pockets

Otterbox defender with clip

Sent from my phone with camera with flash and internet on it... :D

14. thwippa
    • In Omnia Paratus

thwippa Loaded Pockets

Er, Skinth?
    Might not be quite as minimal, but it'll allow you to free up a little more pocket space :)

15. Sao
    • In Omnia Paratus

Sao Loaded Pockets

I have tried many clip designs for iphones over the years and they have all been crap. I now run an element case (black ops) with a great holster with a proper belt loop, I can feel the phone vibe and it sits right and is in no danger of the clip failing