1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

iPhone case or screen protector?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by kyguylal, Jan 1, 2013.

1. N2505
    • In Omnia Paratus

N2505 Loaded Pockets

I've had my share of cases and screen protectors over the years, get yourself a Lifeproof case, you wont regret it.

2. MangeD700
    • In Omnia Paratus

MangeD700 EDC Junkie!!!!!

For hard environments i use "Griffin Survivor Case" for my 4s, its just awesome. :)

3. Edamhcneb
    • In Omnia Paratus

Edamhcneb Loaded Pockets

+1 on the lifeproof.

4. Lone Airedale

Lone Airedale Loaded Pockets

5. Oaklington
    • In Omnia Paratus

Oaklington Loaded Pockets

Never liked having a case. As for screen protector I usually have one, but to cover up the scratches from when I didn't have anything.

6. doktorziplok

doktorziplok Loaded Pockets

put me in the naked camp. if I put my iPhone in my pocket, I do use a leather sleeve.

7. Oaklington
    • In Omnia Paratus

So basically you're a nudist? :p

8. doktorziplok

doktorziplok Loaded Pockets

technologically speaking, at any rate.

Oaklington likes this.
  9. dawgfan76
    • In Omnia Paratus

dawgfan76 Loaded Pockets

I had a Magpul Executive Field case for my iPhone 4. Loved it until I gave it to my daughter. They should be coming out with a new version for the iPhone 5 tomorrow and I'll order one for sure. I also like matte finish screen protectors. They allow my finger to slide across the screen effortlessly unlike the 'crystal clear' ones I've tried that tend to have some 'grab' to them.

That said, I recently stopped by my Apple store and bought Applecare for my new 5. It really doesn't matter now if I cover it or not, although I will. The case will offer some protection, but nothing like the Otterbox Defender. Final note on the only Otterbox I tried, which was the Commuter. I thought it had a slick finish and it felt slippery in my hands. Not a good finish in my opinion. I sold it and bought an elago S5, which is very minimal and has a finish that does not slip at all. It was cheap, like under $10 on Amazon. I bought it until the Magpul became available.

10. steel_6

steel_6 Loaded Pockets

When I had an iPhone 4 I had an Otterbox Defender for most of it's life. It was great protection, but made the phone very bulky and the outside cover was very sticky so it was very hard to get in/out of pockets. Then I found the G-form Xtreme case and never looked back. IMO it looks great, doesn't add much bulk, and provides great protection. The shock-proof inserts aren't sticky at all and it glides easily into/out of pockets. When I switched to the iPhone 5 I bought another one. Here's the site for their iPhone 5 case, and following is a picture of mine.. The yellow is for the 4 which I no longer have, and the black is for the 5. http://g-form.com/products/iphone-5-case/

[​IMG]

11. catfishdan
    • In Omnia Paratus

catfishdan Loaded Pockets

I use a cheap casecrown case and no screen protector. I've had my iPhone 4 for over two years and have virtually no scratches on the screen. I'm not easy on it either, it's just really tough glass.

12. Tru7h

Tru7h Loaded Pockets

I am a major klutz and have really bad luck with iOS devices, so I don't give myself the opportunity. Screen protector, OtterCase. I've seen good stuff from Lifecase, Trident, etc as well.

By the way, I just destroyed my first OtterCase (Achievement Get!). Their customer service is fantastic.

13. goosefacer
    • In Omnia Paratus

goosefacer EDC Junkie!!!!!

I've had Griffin, Otterbox, Lifeproof and an assortment of wrap-style covers but at the end of the day a nekkid iPhone is the best. I haven't found one screen protector yet that comes close to being invisible in touch or feel. Same goes for any case, the case gets in the way on the side of the touchscreen.

Right now I'm really liking the 12 South SurfacePad. Napa leather, sticks to the back, wraps around the side with volume control to a napa screen cover that folds away and acts as a stand. Very reasonably priced, but if you're hard on your phone (and yours is new) it doesn't offer nearly as much drop or element protection.

[​IMG]

14. 2 Samuel 22

2 Samuel 22 Loaded Pockets

Hopefully the Zagg screen works out for you. I tried a few of them on different devices and gave up on them due to the bubbles coming back, bluriness, or peeling. I even had the Zagg folks install a couple for me on iPads and they still didn't perform as described. Of all the cases I've tried the Otterbox Defender has given me the best protection at the cost of a little extra bulk and weight. I've tried other cases but they just didn't protect as well.

15. Roger

Roger Loaded Pockets

The Lunatik Taktik Extreme was announced recently..I'm just not sure if I'm ready to spend $125 on a case but it definitely looks bad :censored:!
    Ok I'm sure. I'm not ready to spend the $125...I still may go with the Taktik Strike. That one's only $80...

16. Oaklington
    • In Omnia Paratus

That one's awesome!

17. steel_6

steel_6 Loaded Pockets

I had a lifeproof but returned it. It didn't add much bulk to the front, back or sides of the phone, but it made it awkwardly long (top to bottom) and that kinda freaked me out.

18. DJG

DJG Loaded Pockets

+1 for Lifeproof

I originally had the bumper case with screen protector for the iPhone 4S that I have but it got dirty easily and the screen protector wore off.

I have had the Lifeproof on the phone for about 7-8 months with no issues. It makes the phone a little bit longer but its not as bulky as the Otterbox. It also truly is waterproof. I've used it underwater multiple times. I also altered a pair of skullcandy earbuds to fit in the headphone jack with the case on without using the adapter. That adapter for the headphone jack starts to short our very quickly so that was the biggest fault but I found a way around it.

19. Changchung

Changchung Loaded Pockets

Both

Sent from my phone with camera with flash and internet on it... :D