1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Iphone bumpers/covers

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by kabar24, Jun 29, 2011.

1. mbick

mbick Loaded Pockets

My iPhone4 is screen protected front and back, and I placed a NiteIze eCLIPse on the back. That has worked well for me the past 3-4 months.

2. absoluutzero

absoluutzero Loaded Pockets

I have a very related inquiry to cases for the iPhone 4. I have an iPhone 4 in the mophie juicepack plus, which kinda makes it pretty big like some of the other covers do. I'm looking for a nice belt holster for the phone. I've looked at some of the maxpedition ones online, but I don't like the fact that they are so open to the air on all the corners of the holster. I would also prefer a sideways holster. The one I have found that might work for me is the Nutshell Large Leather Horizontal Holster. There are some reviews saying that with the juicepack plus, if you carefully cut the inner row of stitching, the phone just barely fits and the outer row of stitching holds up just fine to wear. I'm wondering if anyone else knows of any other similar options, maybe in nylon? My biggest concern is that the case is more or less fully enclosed so that if i'm out in the rain, the phone won't get wet.

3. mbick

mbick Loaded Pockets

absoluutzero, I would recommend your looking at Nite Ize sideways holsters. They offer small and medium. Maybe these folks can help you http://www.cyberguys.com/product-listings/?categoryid=810

4. EonNL

EonNL Empty Pockets

+1 on the candyshell :)

5. Caveman
    • In Omnia Paratus

Caveman Loaded Pockets

+1 on the candyshell
    plus NiteIze eCLIPse on the back

6. cj797

cj797 Loaded Pockets

How is the Lifeproof case compared to the Otterbox Defender for the iphone4? I am looking for size & weight comparison.

7. Blimey

Blimey Loaded Pockets

Big fan of front and rear InvisibleShields, with the Apple bumper. Keeps it thin and clean looking, Bumper protects from minor drops (and makes the early antenna work), and the invisibleshields have a "forever" replacement warranty for when they get marred by a key or knife in the same pocket (happens occasionally). And the InvisibleShields have a nice tactile feel - make it a bit "stickier" to hold onto vs. the bare glass.

8. cubegleamer

cubegleamer Loaded Pockets

another +1 for the Speck Candyshell. It doesn't grip your pocket when you're trying to pull it out. Slim profile. It also slips right into the Maxped Anemone that I have on the front of my Jumbo pack.

9. SR-71

SR-71 Loaded Pockets

+1 for Magpul, just add a good screen protector if your worried about scratches. I run without one and I've dropped my poor iPhone a few times with no incident. :)

10. chris2011

chris2011 Empty Pockets

Otterbox defender is almost bomb proof.

11. paaiyan

paaiyan Loaded Pockets

Yet another vote for the Otterbox case. It adds weight, yeah, but it's saved my phone from numerous tumbles that I know for a fact would have damaged it.

12. niagaratac

niagaratac Loaded Pockets