1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

iPhone and Droid Loyalty Keyring app.

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by G.T., Nov 1, 2010.

1. G.T.

G.T. Loaded Pockets

I notice allot of people here have their consumer loyalty cards on their keyrings/keychains and wanted to let those of you know that if you have an iPhone or Droid, "They have an app for that."

Loyalty card keyring app.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ituahdQTitk

I downloaded the free iPhone version and it works fine and usually gets a kind remark from the cashier when I use it since I'm not flinging a wad of keys at them which apparently is the norm. I haven't bought the "full" version but probably will later due to the backup feature it offers in case I lose or replace the phone. While I know that these loyalty cards aren't that heavy being able to reduce the load of stuff attached to your keyring/keychain in your pocket may be something that a few of you are always looking to do.

2. LinuxHack3r

LinuxHack3r Empty Pockets

I've tried it before, and just installed it again mainly because yesterday I was wishing I didn't "have" to keepup with the many cards such as this. Going to give it a trial run, I never actually tried it in a retial store, always wondered what the cashier would say;)

3. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

I use the cardstar app all the time. It woks great, except for the fact that it rarely(never scans) at gas pumps, so my grocery cards have to stay in my wallet. Most other places seem to works just fine, and even if they don't scan, they can just type in the member number at the register.

4. Trvlngnrs

Trvlngnrs Loaded Pockets

I just downloaded it for my iTouch...hope it works!

5. Badnewz

Badnewz Empty Pockets

Does your iPod touch have a camera?

6. G.T.

G.T. Loaded Pockets

Please let us know how entering the barcode numbers works using the keypad option. I have an iPhone so I used the built in camera but I'm certain that other iTouch users would be interested to hear about your results.

7. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

Nice. I can find a use for this. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my A854

8. attorneyadrian

attorneyadrian Loaded Pockets

Just loaded in my cards. Works great! (Original Motorola Droid)

9. mpi

mpi Loaded Pockets

i use it on an htc incredible and it's been great.

10. CDavisJK

CDavisJK Loaded Pockets

I just put it my phone number. Actually, my girlfriends parents phone number.

11. Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous Loaded Pockets

Keyring works great. Thanks for the heads up!

12. Rah14

Rah14 Empty Pockets

Gonna try to load in my team member discount card (I work retail). Thanks for the heads up.

13. G.T.

G.T. Loaded Pockets

Glad to hear that all of you have been having the same successes that I have had. I'm still getting positive comments from cashiers and a few questions from fellow shoppers who are sick of dragging those loyalty tags with them as well.

14. Wolvee

Wolvee Loaded Pockets

I've been using it for my cards but the only problem is I had to order new cards because the older the card is the harder it is for the camera to pick up the bar code. If there were one thing I would add is a manual number entry for the bar code.

15. G.T.

G.T. Loaded Pockets

Wolvee, if the bar code is smudged beyond recognition but the account number below it is legible then try this. Open the app and press the "Add card" button. From here press the "Card has a barcode" button and look to the bottom left for a button that reads "Keypad." From there you can physically enter the account number which will then add the appropriate barcode to your key ring app. Members who use iPod touch models without a camera have to follow the same but if going through getting the new loyalty tags is a waste of time then this might save you the wait and lighten the weight of the keyring in your pocket.

16. Atomic

Atomic Loaded Pockets

This sucks! Now I want to go buy something to test it out! :D

17. Firedrow

Firedrow Loaded Pockets

The Keyring works fine on Android. I have a Hero and it's hit or miss. The larger screens like the Evo 4G read much better; my bosses Evo 4G does very well for barcode scanners and scanguns.

18. Wolvee

Wolvee Loaded Pockets

Thanks, I didn't see that option. It works wonderfully. I also notice if I hold the camera further away it actually can help scan it.

19. straightpuke

straightpuke Loaded Pockets

I have it for the Motorola Droid and I've had no problems using it. The only problem I've had iwth the whole situation is when I went into Ralph's and the cashier refused to scan it because "it could've been someone else's card." I didn't understand her logic at all...

20. Frstr8

Frstr8 Loaded Pockets

I have been using CardStar app for the iphone. Works great! I never carried the cards I just punched in my phone number, bu this is easier. The only thing about using it is that sometimes, for some reason, the cashier wants to take my phone to hold while they scan it. I am not a big fan of passing my phone to someone else.