1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

iPhone 6+ with Otter Box Defender - Belt Pouch?

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by JDirty, Oct 1, 2015.

1. JDirty

JDirty Empty Pockets

I have, and love my iPhone 6+ which is protected by an Otter box Defender case. Only thing is this setup is pretty large for belt carry, and has become a bit of a hassle being that I'm a construction worker. I've hooked it more than once climbing out of equipment, and have had it pop out then plummet to the earth. In order to avoid that heart stopping phone free fall, and possibly get a more comfy carry I decided to find my 6+ a belt pouch.

The specs on Maxpedition TC-3 seemed more than spacious, so I picked one up, and just got it in the mail. Now it's time to load it up.

Out of the wrapper..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

iPhone inside

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Loaded up with:

iPhone 6+
    Bandanna
    AA Mini Mag
    ESEE Izula
    Sharpie
    Pen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm pretty happy with this load out, and am curious to see how it rides.

Anyone else rocking a 6+ in a belt pouch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tristar777 and AlgoOPC like this.
  2. SerenityNZ

SerenityNZ Loaded Pockets

I really like my Griffin Survivor case for iPhone 6...

Particularly in that the soft outer shell is so grippy it stays put on the dash while I'm driving offroad 4x4 all day beekeeping.

Black Sheep don't follow the normal path...

JDirty likes this.
  3. JDirty

JDirty Empty Pockets

Been wearing this thing a few days now, and found the Buckle is a hassle. The hook and loop is enough to hold a phone in. Also the pouch gets in the way of grabbing my wallet, but all and all its a much better carry than the otter box belt clip.

AlgoOPC likes this.
  4. Dread

Dread Loaded Pockets

I have the TC-2 for my Nexus 6, it's a similarly sized phone but I'm using a smaller case on it. These photos are making me want to get the TC-3 to increase carrying capacity.

BTW, the hook and loop is loud and annoying, I picked up a magnetic conversion kit online to attach to it, really reduced the noise level quite a bit and holds it shut just as well. That said, I do keep the clip clipped, looks better all battened down.

JDirty likes this.
  5. JDirty

JDirty Empty Pockets

Agreed on the noisy Velcro. Will have to look up a conversion kit.

Still happy with the tc3, but routed the buckle and strap behind the pouch. That way it's still usable, but out of the way when un needed

6. Bogie

Bogie Loaded Pockets

I have a 6 in a Lifeproof Fre Power case i'm currently searching for a pouch that it fits in.

7. World in Transition

World in Transition Loaded Pockets

Check out Turtleback cases - made in the USA, leather and nylon offerings, mine perfectly fits a 6+ with a lifeproof Nuud and also takes a defender, strong magnetic closure, effortlessly switches between vertical and horizontal carry - I tried about 6 cases before I found this one and it's so good I bought a spare, not that I'm gonna need it as it's tough as hell! Such a good rig!

8. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

I have an Android in an Otter case and use a NiteIze XL holster - velcro closure, belt clip, and the holsters come in horizontal or up/down carry positions.

I've seen the up/down carrier at Home Depot, if you wanted to try before buying.

9. karandras

karandras Loaded Pockets

a 6+ on the belt?? thought you needed a wheelbarrow / man purse to haul one of them gigantic "phones" around.

In all seriousness.... another vote for Turtleback here, although i don't have 6+ (i've got the 6s) as i didn't want a phone that was that massive.

10. mash4077

mash4077 Loaded Pockets

That's a great looking Maxpedition case :)

AlgoOPC likes this.