1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Iphone 5 vs galaxys3

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by speedyturtle, Feb 5, 2013.

1. zombieslayer001

I have a galaxy s2 and I love my android! I just wished adobe would re release flash support for it.

2. thebake

thebake Loaded Pockets

iPhone 5, less bugs, far better build quality. Samsung phones are built cheap.

Changchung and r-ice like this.
  3. Ogre

Ogre Banned

Maybe somewhat less bugs......nothing bad. IPhones are great if you don't care about freedom, customization, and being trapped on the joyous iTunes.

Those outweigh any SLIGHT advantages the iPhone MAY have, for me. I have to have freedom, and I despise itunes.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

tal-c and bud760 like this.
  4. tennvol12345

tennvol12345 Loaded Pockets

iPhone doesn't do voice and data at the same time... S3 for the win

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

5. Beergeek

Beergeek Loaded Pockets

I would seriously recommend a Nexus 4 if you want an android. The only kicker is the phone doesn't support LTE in the USA but it does support HSDPA+. Its a fantastic device with a whole lotta horsepower and really nice fit and finish.

6. Zebulon

Zebulon Loaded Pockets

You know, Samsung gets a lot of crap for their use of plastic in their phone design, but I have never seen any Samsung get obliterated by a three-foot drop onto a hard surface. I HAVE seen a heck of a lot of iPhones get mangled by that same drop, though. I have used three different Samsungs (Mesmerize, Aviator and currently a Galaxy Note 2) without any cases for the most part and I have never had a single hardware problem. A friend of mine and his wife "upgraded" to iphones a couple of months ago and both their phones have had to be replaced (under warranty, granted) for various hardware issues that I have never experienced in my three years of Android use.

I have also never heard anyone who has used Android in the last two or three years complain about "bugs," but I have seen numerous iOS apps completely non-functional because there was an OS upgrade. That's something that just doesn't happen with Android.

As you can probably guess, I would put my vote in for the S3 any day, and I would also recommend not ruling out the Note 2. Don't let the size scare you away; it fits in normal jean pockets easily, and the amount that you can do with that huge screen will absolutely spoil you. Within a week of using the Note 2, all other smartphones felt like toys to me. I'll never go back to a smaller screen.

7. 875fps

875fps Loaded Pockets

Yes they do. Even the old iPhone 3G would do simultaneous voice and data. The limitation was with the carrier. With AT&T it's always been possible.

I love my Apple devices. I have the iPhone 4, my kids have iPod Touches, my daughter has the 4S. I have an iPad 4 and the kids share two iPad 2s. I also have an Apple TV which lets me mirror the display of any of my devices to my TV.

I use them because they just work. I don't have to troubleshoot them at all.

And Apple doesn't require the use of iTunes anymore and hasn't in a long time. No one hates iTunes more than an old-school Apple user! :)

I will say that Apple needs to step their game up and get a bigger screen. The S3 and the Note 2 are such awesome phones and IMO the iPhone 5 doesn't hold a candle to the design and size of those phones. However, I'm not a fan of the Android OS so I'm going to patiently hold out in hopes that the 5S or the 6 will have a bigger form factor. Apple will lose even more people if they don't step their game up.

8. Nightrain349

Nightrain349 Loaded Pockets

Once you go Apple you won't go back.

Changchung likes this.
  9. phatch

phatch Loaded Pockets

I have gone back as fast to other choices as fast as I could every time I've used apple products.

Zebulon likes this.
  10. LausDeo

LausDeo Loaded Pockets

Just wait.. the galaxy S4 comes out in the next month or two. Check out reviews on CNET.

Sent from the Droid you weren't looking for.

11. Changchung

Changchung Loaded Pockets

I dont know the galaxy, I have a iphone 5 and I really like. I use iphone since iphone 2

Sent from my phone with camera with flash and internet on it... :D

12. Changchung

Exactly

13. Changchung

I think that the Verizon model do

14. Nightrain349

Nightrain349 Loaded Pockets

iPhone for AT&T will do voice and data at the same time... Verizon will not. This is a service provider issue, not the phone itself.

15. Peruvianmagic

Peruvianmagic Loaded Pockets

The Verizon model actually will but only if you are hooked up to wifi. It sucks because I came from an AT&T iphone to Verizon but AT&T wanted to throttle my data sooo..

16. Zebulon

Zebulon Loaded Pockets

The iPhone voice/data thing is a combination of carrier and phone. GSM (iPhone 4S and prior on AT&T and most international carriers) and LTE (iPhone 5 on Verizon) modems will still function while your voice connection is in use, but CDMA 3G (iPhone 4 on Verizon) will not.

17. subwoofer
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

subwoofer Loaded Pockets

You have answered your own question. Andriod it MUST be.

Because you get tied in and there is no escape. You also have to spend a long time fooling yourself into thinking it was a good idea, and then start to believe it.

The only reason I can see for anyone to want an iphone these days is that they know no better and have no wish to change anything. Even I have to admit they had the edge in the emerging smart phone market, but now they are trying to keep up and failing.

EDIT: meant to add this video link :)

Last edited by subwoofer, Mar 28, 2013
    Myth90045 likes this.
  18. Myth90045

Myth90045 Loaded Pockets

I want the one with the most GBs!!! Lol. Loved that video

Sent from inside my bag

19. Macguy

Macguy Loaded Pockets

I don't want to get into an iOS vs android argument but this is flat out wrong. I had an S3 for a while and had MANY bugs. Apps would crash more often, multitasking (especially with audio apps) rarely worked as expected, and the overall fit and finish of apps was not up to iOS standards on many (not all) apps. Now some of the things I liked about android included the larger screen, ability to customize the interface and the overall control. However, I did switch to an iPhone 5 because I just prefer iOS over android. It's really more of a personal taste type of thing and someday I may switch back to Android. So my suggestion to the poster would be to go with whatever is more appealing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

20. Zebulon

Zebulon Loaded Pockets

Like you said, I don't want to get into an iOS/Android debate, but there is really only one objective complaint that you brought up: app stability. This claim has been debunked for a long time. The following article with an actual scientific study that shows that iOS apps are statistically more likely to crash than Android.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomiogeron/2012/02/02/does-ios-crash-more-than-android-a-data-dive/

The biggest issue is that Android actually tells you when an app crashes and gives you options to fix it, vs. iOS which does not. Thus, you don't always see when apps crash on iOS, but with Android, you are notified. Of the apps that I use on a day-to-day basis, I can only think of two that ever crash.

I will grant that Android apps are often not up to par with iOS apps in terms of design. This is due to app developers ignoring Google's design guidelines more than anything, and that is changing. That is sort of a necessary evil of Google's laissez-faire approach to technology. Personally, I would much rather deal with the occasional ugly app than to have my tech limited by a company that has claimed that they know what I want better than I do. Again, like you said, it's a personal preference, but the divergence of apps in the Play store is not arbitrary.