1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

iPad mini

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by bigguy02, Dec 8, 2012.

1. edjo69

edjo69 EDC Junkie

Get the Adesso M1000 keyboard instead it very nice and comes with its own pouch.

2. 2 Samuel 22

2 Samuel 22 Loaded Pockets

I have/had an iPad 1, 2, & 3 and now the "new" iPad and an iPad Mini. I've gone through close to a dozen different covers and cases including the new LifeProof stuff. I won't use anything but Otterbox Defender cases now. They are much better than the LifeProof and Griffin Survivor cases. The warranty is also outstanding. The only downside is the increased bulk and weight but I will gladly put up with it for the extra protection.

3. 4SEVEN3

4SEVEN3 Empty Pockets

How does the silicone/rubber part of the defender stay together on the iPad cases? My wife and I have iPhone 4's and the rubber around the plastic shell is consistently becoming deformed and nasty. Her iPhone3 Defender was perfect until the day she got rid of it. Its like they changed the composition of if silicone/rubber. Granted they have replaced them with brand new cases (we have 4-5 now) but it seems to be a waste.

Back on topic....I love my iPad mini....I have the Adobe reader app and use it to view FAA documents and to study FAA test prepware. If I can get it on Adobe I can read it and it should save lugging around big manuals! I also use it to screw off and post on forums! :p

4. 2 Samuel 22

2 Samuel 22 Loaded Pockets

The older silicone cases on the iPhone 4/4s and iTouch were prone to stretching, especially if you happen to expose them to excessive heat like leaving it in the sun or in the car on a sunny day. The most recent cases I bought for iPhone5/iPad had a different texture to the silicone, less rubbery and more of a flexible plastic feel to it. The iPhone5 cases (Realtree Camo) I have were manufactured here in the USA, the iPad cases were made in Mexico. For what it's worth, the previous Otterbox cases I've had were made in China.

5. bigguy02

bigguy02 Loaded Pockets

I don't know if I could deal with an Otterbox on my mini. Maybe a reflex sized one, but I love how thin it is.

6. Firepoint

Firepoint Loaded Pockets

I'm still rocking my 1st gen iPad but I'm in serious need for an upgrade. I can't decide between the mini and the retina. I'd like the smaller size, but I'd also like the better display. If they would update the mini, I'd be sold already.

Apple's pricing and strategy has me frustrated. For only ~ $200 more I might as well buy the retina, then I think, :censored:, for just $300 more I could get a MacBook 13", but the for just a few hundred more I could get the 15" MacBook, and for another few hundred I could get a 15" retina. Pretty soon I've talked myself out of a $400 iPad mini and into a $2200 MacBook pro. Stupid gadget addiction. I should just buy them all and get it over with.

For what it's worth, I've had both the life proof and otter boxes on my iPhone and I won't buy another otter box product until the do something about that stretchy rubber. For the price, it shouldn't stretch all out of shape and need to be replaced every year.

Soup and mooshi like this.
  7. Gryffin
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gryffin Loaded Pockets

Odds are good the next iPad Mini will have a Retina screen. Patience in this case could be a virtue.

8. drunkengarbagecan

drunkengarbagecan Loaded Pockets

That can be said for anything coming from Apple ;)

9. xantavar

xantavar Loaded Pockets

I have a black 64gb Mini LTE that rides with the new ultrathin keyboard. Prior I used a red Smart Cover and clear shield for the back by rocketfish. I love this thing!!

Recently picked up a 6600mah rechargeable battery for edc as well. It'll charge the mini 1.5 times before needing another charge!

Hope you're enjoying the mini! :D

10. thebake

thebake Loaded Pockets

iPad Mini with an Apple Smart Case. Love the device.

11. thebake

thebake Loaded Pockets

Edit: Site timed out, caused multiple post.

Last edited by thebake, Mar 9, 2013
  12. thebake

thebake Loaded Pockets

Edit: Site timed out, caused multiple post.

Last edited by thebake, Mar 9, 2013
  13. KAMM
    • In Omnia Paratus

KAMM Loaded Pockets

I just got an iPad mini! It's AWESOME!

Myth90045, xantavar and Roger like this.
  14. Rubert32

Rubert32 Empty Pockets

15. Firepoint

Firepoint Loaded Pockets

I just bought an iPad 4. The display quality is incredible. I didn't think there would be such a difference in the image quality, but it's quite noticeable.

16. TrickyVic

TrickyVic Loaded Pockets

Congrats on the mini! I've had mine for a little while and it's awesome! If your looking for a smart-type cover, I strongly recommend the Invellop leatherette case. It's only $20 on amazon and comes in a bunch of cool colors.

17. mpphoto

mpphoto Loaded Pockets

I love my Mini! I currently use the SwitchEasy Cover Buddy which protects the back of the unit and still maintains a very slim package. It works perfectly in conjunction with Apple's Smart Cover and it comes in matching colors. I don't have a dedicated carry bag yet but I'm looking at a Swiss Gear Jett netbook bag I saw at Staples or the Targus Citygear Mini.

[​IMG]

18. Changchung

Changchung Loaded Pockets

I want one of this... Apple device are the best

Sent from my phone with camera with flash and internet on it... :D

19. JohnN

JohnN Loaded Pockets

Anyone find a good protective case that fits a mini with a Griffin Survivor installed?

Thanks,

-john