1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

iPad mini - Bag

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by edjo69, Jan 23, 2013.

1. edjo69

edjo69 EDC Junkie

Ok, so I have an iPad mini, apple keyboard, Bose headphones, stylus, charger+cable, moleskin+pen, and an Alox Classic. I need one bag to fit these items into and nothing else, just big enough for these items and small enough to be able to put into my EDC bag (Scout or X-ray) yet practical enough to carry by itself. I need help with options.....Thanx ed

2. Thechansen

Thechansen Loaded Pockets

I have two setups: Tom Bihn sleeve and Chrome Mini Metro or an STM Vertical Scout bag. Depends on how much extra I want to carry. The STM is a good fit for a full size iPad and its padded. I can fit the iPad Mini with the sleeve and my Kindle Paperwhite.

3. edjo69

edjo69 EDC Junkie

I found the almost perfect bag today at BB. The Targus CityGear mini, it is nearly perfect, the main compartment is divided into two halves, both lined with supersoft microfiber, the back pocket is slightly smaller, perfect for my iPad mini inside of its RocketFish canvas case, the front compartment fits my Apple BT keyboard perfectly. On the front it has a double side zip opening pocket with a mesh pocket (charger, cable, screen wipes and Woodees) a Velcro closured pocket (2 Moleskin Mini-notes sandwiching a microfiber cleaning cloth) and two elastic loops, one for a Lammy Safari BP and Zebra B2A1, and the other for a Bamboo stylus and a Targus stylus. All three of these compartments are covered with a buckled flap. The flap has a zipper pocket (empty) and on the back of the bag there is one other velcro closured pocket big enough for larger notebooks, envelopes and other larger flat items. It came with a shoulder strap (removed) and a nice solid grab handle on the top. Perfect size to hold the items mentioned above and a few other doo-dads but still relatively small. Its not shelf queen material but it appears to made well and looks like it is going to be functional.

Last edited by edjo69, Jan 23, 2013
  4. Prybry

Prybry Loaded Pockets

My wife just got a new Galaxy Tab 2 for work and picked up a Powerbag in the bundle...
    That thing is totally cool! It has a built in battery and charging system complete with connectors for iphone/ipod, motorola phones, USB port for larger items such as a Ipad.
    She got the Tablet Messenger bag which is perfect for a tablet and my daily carry items.
    Yeah, I hijacked it! since she didn't want to carry it and her purse... my gain.
    Best of all, when you get home you just plug in the bag... and it automaticly charges all your gear first, then it charges the internal 6000ma battery. Power enough to go for days without a recharge.

5. edjo69

edjo69 EDC Junkie

That is a nice looking bag!

6. TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha Loaded Pockets

Just a thought: I recently replaced my Ipad 1 with an iPad mini. The thing I like most about it is that it fits in my inside jacket pocket. I have keyboard, headphones, iPad mini with smart cover, Sig p238 pistol and Iphone 5 all within the pockets of my jacket. I also carry a Maxped. Multi- Purpose bag with first aid food toiletries etc. full size pistol etc. but it's nice to carry my essentials in my pockets when I'm in the grocery store etc without having to lug the bag. So get your bag but get a jacket too.

7. edjo69

edjo69 EDC Junkie

What jacket do you have that holds all of that without printing?

8. TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha Loaded Pockets

It's a Solaris Soft-shell. I couldn't find the model name. It has two zippered pockets on the outside and two large 9x8 inch pockets on the inside. I'm at the limit of what I can carry so time to start saving for a scottevest jacket.