1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Interesting experience with TAD

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Kontour, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Kontour

Kontour Loaded Pockets

To preface, I realize I'm being a pain here, but I'm trying to make sense of this, hopefully someone with more knowledge of the USPS can chime in and give me some info here.

So I was playing around with ordering a Khaki Litespeed when they were released a couple of weeks ago, and due to a mistake (trying to see what the paypal conversion rate would be) I ended up ordering one. This was on a Saturday. I emailed CS a couple hours later advising that I wished to cancel the order (I live out bush and internet comes and goes at random times), and the next email I received (on Sunday) stated that my order had been shipped, at this point I hadn't even been billed yet. I sent another email asking them if this was the case, and received one back stating that my item had shipped and couldn't be cancelled. Fair enough I thought, my fault. I sent them another email inquiring about rough shipping time estimates, as I have to get my stuff delivered by chopper, and its a couple of months between deliveries, etc.

Anyway, I check the tracking number today, and although USPS received the electronic shipping info on the 8th, the item was only processed at their sorting centre in SF on the 20th. Am I just being a bad customer by thinking that something is going on here? I have the feeling they could have cancelled my order at some point, given that it apparently didn't even get posted until the 20th.

TAD have stopped responding to my emails.

2. RGRAY

RGRAY Loaded Pockets

Live and learn.
    Can't you just send it back when it comes?
    A similar thing happened to me different store but I just sent it back and was out shipping.
    I don't like TAD.

3. Kontour

Kontour Loaded Pockets

I can, but shipping both ways would mean I'll be out $130aud. Might just try and sell it I suppose.

4. Pepsi Jedi

Pepsi Jedi Loaded Pockets

Yikes. If you have to have your stuff literally air dropped in from a chopper every couple of months, then yeah, that's a bit trippy.

I've had it happen a number of times with USPS though. Their 'tracking' is.... laughable. I've often ordered things, and had them arrive at my house before they'll even appear in the USPS system at ALL. Not once or twice, but often. Once or twice a MONTH. (I order alot online) I live in the sticks but not "Get mail every few months by chopper" sticks.

As a result of the USPS being so crappy, I try and use UPS when ever I can, as their tracking is usually pretty spot on. FedEx (Up here where I am) Sucks, but not quite as bad as the USPS. I live out a good bit so I like good tracking. I also stalk the mail carriers, 1) as our USPS carrier sucks so hard. In the winter we might get mail twice a week, and only if we shovel out like a 200 foot approach vector for the car. (Not kidding) We had over 250 inches of snow last winter. and 2) There's enough hoodlims around here, even out in the sticks that I don't trust anything to sit on the porch more than a few minutes. I could be parinoid but I used to volenteer at the rec center. I know alot of the kids up here. I wouldn't trust them as far as I could spit.

So to answer your query. No. it's not uncommon for the USPS tracking information to be way WAY out of wack, to the tune of days or even a week or more. Also if you order something from a place, and they process the order and box it up, in their minds it's 'shipped' even if they don't take it to the post for two or three days to actually mail out. To some places, as soon as they take it off the shelf, it's too late.

5. Chimay

Chimay Loaded Pockets

I'm not sure with international orders where the hand off or how many hand offs would occur to get you a package "via USPS" but as the poster above has stated I've received items prior to the shipping being updated, I've had items travel around sometimes through the same place twice, and a whole host of other issues with USPS including my mail/packages being delivered consistently to the wrong address.

With your mail situation I don't see how TAD could possibly give you an eta on delivery. If it was UPS or Fedex you would at least have an eta to customs. I don't know if they have their own customs process down there but they both use different customs processing between the US and CAN that is much much quicker from what I've been told. Edit: but I would be upset that they simply stopped responding to emails. Even if they view you as a :censored: they should still respond to you even if it's to tell you that they can't provide more information and consider the matter closed. I had to call once with a difficulty with an order and they were very helpful and professional over the phone and sent me a follow up email confirming everything was worked out (not an automated notification or anything like that).

It may have to go through customs before it leaves the country which may delay its departure as well. I've heard some things can take a few weeks to clear customs with USPS unlike the other carriers they have basically no incentive to move quickly.

6. Loon66

Loon66 Loaded Pockets

It may have shipped when they said it did. The SF sort center probably has a US customs clearance center in the facility, which could cause the hold up. Busy facility.
    If you go with UPS, they can clear the package themselves but you get a nice bill for them doing it.

7. ShadowE

ShadowE Loaded Pockets

I ship out packages daily (via USPS), overseas a few times a month. If it was indeed canceled within a few hours on a Saturday & they replied on Sunday, they are just processing the sale hoping (knowing?) you won't try & return it.
    Sorry :/

Sent from some random black hole

8. CANNIBALdinner.

CANNIBALdinner. Loaded Pockets

Couldn't agree more. It's funny because we were actually talking about this earlier today. USPS tracking is crap. If it says "expected delivery date" on say the 20th, that means you might see it on the 25th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. CANNIBALdinner.

CANNIBALdinner. Loaded Pockets

Couldn't agree more. It's funny because we were actually talking about this earlier today. USPS tracking is crap. If it says "expected delivery date" on say the 20th, that means you might see it on the 25th.

10. Southpaw

Southpaw EDC Junkie!!!!!

I agree with USPS tracking. It's sucks squirrel nuts. I shipped my GR0 back to Goruck on Aug 3. By Aug 7 it said it was out of Federal Way in WA on its way to the destination. Since then nothing. I checked everyday and nothing. By Aug 20th I was getting worried that it would never arrive. Then on Friday the 21st I get an email from Goruck and they said they received it and will issue a refund. I go on the USPS and still says item is on its way to the destination. Here's proof!!!
    [​IMG]