1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Interesting artical: The gun is civilization.

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by jda, Dec 18, 2010.

1. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

No need for an apology. I was out of line We have the right to own, and in many cases carry firearms here in the U.S., and sometimes I get a little frustrated by those who seem to question that right, and who expect a justification for that right. Particularly when those questions are rooted in a cultural worldview (not in objective reasoning, as so often claimed). That was the primary drive behind my original comments. Nevertheless, I do try to adhere to a policy of, "To each his own", and should have ignored and moved on, or responded without the sarcasm.

2. 50ft-trad

50ft-trad Loaded Pockets

These threads always lead to so much misinterpretation, which in turn leads to someone unnecessarily losing the plot, thinking that someone is having a go at them, their culture or their nation (when in actual fact they are probably not at all) then genuinely posting somthing which is offensive. Sometimes though we all speak the same language, it's so easy to misconstrue people true intentions in the conversation and then folks start falling out.

This is a classic and probably the best example of all time ....

[video=youtube;Cz2-ukrd2VQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz2-ukrd2VQ[/video]

I think it pretty much sums up all the firearms threads I've witnessed

3. Hoshnasi

Hoshnasi Empty Pockets

First time I have seen that, its hillarious!

4. 50ft-trad

50ft-trad Loaded Pockets

Glad you like it. It never fails to crack me up laughing

5. bushidomosquito

bushidomosquito Removed from forum.

I have always thought that any argument that guns should be banned is pointless. They are not complicated devices. Once the first person placed a fast burning substance in a tube with a projectile in one end and ignited it the cat was out of the bag and you can't put it back in. Lots of people know how to make guns. The materials and machinery required to do so are too useful for other purposes to be banned. All that is required is the motivation to do it. Once governments start rounding up all of the firearms out there the motivation goes up significantly.

I also don't believe that Americans would allow a total gun ban. There are just too many people out there that believe, rightfully so, that talk of gun bans by government is not about public safety. It's always about extending government control, removing the most effective means of resistance and making people more dependent on government for protection, thus further justifying it's existence.