1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Inron MY803

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Supermanda, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Supermanda

Supermanda EDC Junkie

Hey guys and gals! :) Does anyone have any experience with this knife? A friend pointed it out to me but they didn't own one and had no personal experience with it. I think it's a ZT knock off and I won't be getting one of those anytime soon, they're a little too pricey for me right now. But the Inron is much more budget friendly. And it comes in orange!!! :D

Just wanted to see if any of you have it and what your thoughts are.

2. BalancedEdge

BalancedEdge Loaded Pockets

Looks like a Hinderer XM-18 knock-off. Looked up some review on different forums and such, it seems to be one of those good-for-the-price budget folders. I'm surprised I haven't come across this knife before when I was looking at Hinderers. The XM-18 would be even more expensive than one of those ZTs.

Supermanda likes this.
  3. jabe1

jabe1 Loaded Pockets

I don't have one myself, but IIRC it is a respected hinderer knock-off. Respected meaning that it's good for the money you pay for it.
    Many have maligned such knives for being blatant rip offs, but imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, is it not?

Supermanda likes this.
  4. BalancedEdge

BalancedEdge Loaded Pockets

From top to bottom

Inron MY803: 60 bucks where I found it
    Hinderer XM-18: 600-700 dollars on secondary market
    ZT 0560: around 200 bucks (Smaller Version 0561: 120-140 dollars)
    Cheapest XM-18 fake I could find on Ebay: 40 bucks.
    [​IMG]

Supermanda likes this.
  5. MAC_C

MAC_C Loaded Pockets

I have two of them, one in orange and the other in black with red liners. I honestly dont remember if I still having them or not. The fit and finish is'nt bad for the price. I bought them awhile back and I think I paid much less than $60 for each. They came sharp out of the box. When using the flipper you definitely need to use your wrist to flip it open, it's much harder to open with the thumb studs if I remember correctly. When I get home from work I'll look for them and take some pictures.

Supermanda likes this.
  6. Strayz

Strayz Loaded Pockets

What steel is used on the blades? and how well do they hold up to twisting/flexing?

7. Supermanda

Supermanda EDC Junkie

I've found them online for well under $60. I love the orange one but I have found the tan one and the black and red for cheaper than I can find the orange.

Do they hold up well to use?

8. jabe1

jabe1 Loaded Pockets

9CR13MOV steel

9. kdurt

kdurt Loaded Pockets

My first flipper! Actually holds an edge very well. Much thinner blade stock than my 560 outside of profile they really are nothing alike. I found mine on flea bay for under twenty bucks quite a while ago. Great knife for the price but don't have any illusions of it acting or performing like the real thing.
    Previous post spot on about thumb studs almost painful definitely awkward. Flipper did take a ton of wrist action so i settled with a little blade play and freed right up. I just now hit it with blue lube and adjusted it and it ain't to bad.

Supermanda likes this.
  10. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

Exduct sells them for under $20...

Supermanda likes this.
  11. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

WHY????

Why would you do this to me? LOL.. I have a few SRMs now and they have honestly impressed me so far. I have been EDCing the 913P for a month now and it's honestly as robust as my RAT1 is.

Now, you give me this site with more models on it that are begging to be tried??? LOL

I don't know why I have this cheap knife addiction, it's been interesting to find decent knives in an arena I have always ignored. Besides, it's expensive when you give away knives to other people!! I can buy a dozen or more SRMs for the price of some knives I have given away!!

12. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

Not my mistake. If an alcoholic goes to a bar to ask the other drinkers why they recommend him another Whiskey brand or a new gin, is it their mistake? They're just prisoners as well :smile_coffee:
    But yeah, I like the cheap knives, too. One thing is that I want a new toy every month, but with a 1 1/2 yo boy and one on the way I can't afford expensive stuff. So I live on the cheap booze, the CRKT grooved Swindle being my more expensive stuff, next one could be a Cold Steel Mini Tuff Lite, or if I wait a bit longer, a Delica. But yeah, my substitue is modding, I make teakwood scales for a Kershaw Chill and ordered glowing pigment to make scales and backspacers...

13. Shur
    • In Omnia Paratus

Shur Loaded Pockets

I got the black and red one for just under $15 a while ago and I'm really pleased with it.
    It's very solid and capable but a little to large and heavy to see much pocket time from me.

It was one of my first orders from that site that lets you order from asian venders and holds your money in escrow until you are happy with the outcome.

The problem here is that quality can possibly drastically change in between manufacturers and even between batches from the same factory so you can't always count on getting the same knife the last person did.

Supermanda and Adahn like this.
  14. Samuel Sturm

Samuel Sturm Loaded Pockets

I ordered one last night. At worst it'll be a fun knife to stonewash and play with. Might bend the clip into a deep carry. I plan on taking it apart and cleaning, polishing, and relubing the pivot first thing. Does anyone know what they use for washers on this one?

Supermanda and Adahn like this.
  15. SMAJ
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

SMAJ Loaded Pockets

I am totally with you!!! I will see how I like the SRM once I finish the scales, but it looks to be a pretty solid knife. I think I am gonna acid wash the blade and liners just for something different!

16. Freman

Freman Loaded Pockets

I own one with the black and red scales.

The blade is stated to be 9Cr13MoV, hardened to 60HRC. The rest of the knife is basically there to hold the blade. It's very slim, far more so than the Hinderer that it looks something like (although of course it's "inspired by", not a copy). The framelock is steel, and strong enough. You will probably need to take the pocket clip off and rebend it to make it tighter. The impression I get handling it is that the manufacturer spends most of your money on the blade, not so much the rest of the fittings. I suppose, if you're making a knife, that's not a bad way to go about it.

Supermanda likes this.
  17. Scott Mason

Scott Mason Loaded Pockets

I've carried 2 at work for 2 years or so easy to sharpen holds an edge fairly well. 9Cr13MoV steel with a decent heat treat. The fit and finish is very good on the four that I have but could benefit from some light deburring. I tend to like large folders for edc and these have perfomed well in that role.

Supermanda likes this.
  18. Supermanda

Supermanda EDC Junkie

Just won one on ebay. It should be here next week. Can't wait to get my hands on it and test it out. I got it for a great price so if I'm not a huge fan it can become a beater knife or I can give it away as a gift.

Any guesses on what color I got?

19. edjo69

edjo69 EDC Junkie

Orange?

SMAJ likes this.