1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Inexpensive cases

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Karmakanic, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Karmakanic

Karmakanic Loaded Pockets

When I worked for myself I purchased Otterbox cases. I've been employed for the past 4 years and the company I work for purchase cheap cases, for both phones and tablets.
    I've not heard of anyone in our field service team breaking a device, despite the fact that we audit repair shops (i.e. we don't work in offices) using our tablets on a daily basis. I wonder if the extra expense is justified.

2. rdisom

rdisom Loaded Pockets

For my personal iPhones and iPads, I have always used the Otterbox Defender cases. My son uses the Lifeproof cases. We have never had any breakage. That being said, I use less expensive cases on my work devices. The last 3 have been Unicorn Beetle from Amazon. This was for Samsung devices, both tablets and phone. The cases seem to fit well, and I have not had any damage with these either. They offer similar 2-layer protection and they are considerably less expensive. ALL of my devices end up hitting the floor at some point, some more often than others.

3. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I use an OtterBox Symmetry folio series on my iPad mini. It is slimmer than say a Defender series; cost me about $40 via Amazon. I'm very happy with it. Not sure if they still offer this series or not; but my reckoning is that compared with potential damage if the device fell unprotected the cost was a good investment.

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David