1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Indiglo don't glow no mo'

Discussion in 'Watches' started by wenestvedt, Nov 12, 2010.

1. wenestvedt

wenestvedt Loaded Pockets

I have a Timex Expedition watch. I end up with a new one about once a year -- so cheap is good for my needs.

That said, it works fine (i.e., it's not losing time or anything, so I don't suspect the battery) but the Indiglo nightlight on the face -- that I activate by pressing the stem -- now doesn't light up. In fact, the stem doesn't have that spring-loaded feel anymore.

I know a new watch isn't that expensive, but this thing isn't very old! Should I send it to Timex (since I think it's still in warranty) or is there anything I can try on my own?

Thank you for and suggestions.

2. TuffWriter

TuffWriter Banned

If it's under warranty, cracking it open yourself might void that. I'd just call Timex.

3. Flight-ER-Doc

Flight-ER-Doc Loaded Pockets

Lots of battery powered watches have a low-battery mode where things like lights are disabled - kind of a warning that the battery needs to be replaced. Maybe yours does too?

4. JP

JP Loaded Pockets

Send it back while it is under warranty. I had the Glo go on my Ironman and Timex would repair it for me but at a cost where it didn't make sense. For $20 more I could have bought a new watch. I am still wearing this Ironman but the Glo would be nice to have. A torch is never out of reach though either and that is often how I check the watch when outside at night.

5. wenestvedt

Doc, the possibility of a low-battery condition had occurred to me.

JP, I probably will get this serviced. I think I even gave them the five bucks for a four-year warranty extension, so as soon as I can find the paperwork (we just moved, and everything is lost!) I should just send it in.

Thanks!

6. angd5791

angd5791 Empty Pockets

Hey man, It's definetly the battery. Just had the same problem with mine. I was about to get a new one and decided to change the battery with a spare I had. Boom, she started glowing again.

7. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

If it's covered by the warranty, send it back. When that feature ran out on my Timex Expedition, I find out that getting it fixed cost more than buying another Expedition.

8. wenestvedt

I am sending it in today for repair. I don't think it's the battery because the stem actually doesn't move (or spring back out) when pressed in any more.

I paid the five bucks to extend the warranty from one year to five, so now I'll only pay $8 for the work and mailing it back to me. *shrug* Beats buying a new watch, I guess.

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone.