1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

In trouble at work, need help, EDC in jepardy.

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Mr BadWrench, Apr 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DBR

DBR Loaded Pockets

Really Mitty? Is that why he told me "good guess?" Hahahahaha!

My friend, my fight is not with you. I'm not fighting anyone in this thread. I just want some people to realize there is a world away from what they have experienced...as we are all victims of our own experience, aren't we? Be well, it's Easter, regardless of your beliefs, it's nice to keep the spirit. :)

2. Dr Jekell
    • Administrator
    • In Omnia Paratus

Dr Jekell I had fun once, It was awful.
    Staff Member

Ok guys (and gals) please remember to play nice.

Every one has been civil to each other but it is starting to become personal, if it continues in that direction the thread will be locked.

Dr Jekell

3. DBR

DBR Loaded Pockets

I thought that is what my last post was all about.

4. Condition1

Condition1 Loaded Pockets

the OP should just go buy some Dickies 874's somewhere on sale for under $20. it was a corporate policy.

also , is it really okay to disparage one's company online? quote the 1st amendment all day... but it is not going to save you from getting fired. especially in an at will state. in my state, you just lay the person off for "lack of work", and there is pretty much no legal recourse. when it comes down to it, there are so many people looking for work that you could pass your replacement on the way out the door. i do not like being a boss or foreman, but if i was i would want people who were enthusiastic about the product, did not disparage the company (even online), and were not consistently negative. you think any company does not have applications of recent job applicants handy? do you think anyone at any retail establishment is not replaceable? we can all be replaced, and most with almost no notice.

5. Condition1

i read about a boss who liked his company to have a happy vibe. you know how he did it? he laid off all the unhappy people.

6. DBR

DBR Loaded Pockets

Yeah, he should. But, then again, we were all just talking about it, weren't we?

I guess it is probably okay for him unless they let him go by the extremely unprofessional moniker of "Mr. Bad Wrench." Hahaha!

Nope. It should, however.

I know, I know, I live in a plantation state, too.

Yep! And then someone can have two years of unemployment which considering what you make at a "good job" like AutoZone or Wal-Mart, you shouldn't be hit too hard. AND you get the added bonus of nailing your employer because their unemployment insurance then goes up. The more people they have filing for unemployment, the higher the insurance goes. Oh, and they will get that unemployment unless it is a case of employee theft or use of profanity or insubordination that is extreme and provable. So, there is recourse and then the managers that nobody wants to work for, they can explain to their masters why they have a crappy record of keeping people and why the UI is so high. Win-win! :D

Dead serious. They want to play, play back! They want to destroy lives, be a destroyer, too.

It's just business, nothing personal.
    I've heard that many times. I stuck with a company for years after hiring freezes, then raise freezes, then the pay cuts and the benefits cuts and the empty promises and outright lies. It's just business, nothing personal.

If you lie, you're fired. If they lie, It's just business, nothing personal.

True enough.

I know, most of us agents of change, we work our cancerous ways in a much more covert manner. You're wrong, however. NO NEGATIVITY IS ALLOWED NOW. Not "consistently" or a "all the time," it's simply not allowed. Anything other than puppy dogs and sunshine and you're in for it...shoot the messenger.

Well, yeah, it was from an online demotivational "poster." But the boss that did that then ended up with a bunch of passive-aggressive employees that really put the screws to him. I read about that boss, too. :)

7. Condition1

i am just saying. when i see a call at the hall i like, i sign the forms, rules... i need jobs. i play the game. that is what you have to do. when i started, it was totally different. you have to play the game to get the checks. smile at the boss, pretend you give a crap while he talks about golf, whatever...

nobody gets fired. the rare fire almost always gets changed to a layoff. you would have to do something TERRIBLE to get fired. eat a baby?

and no, the story about the guy who laid off the unhappy people was a yahoo story. in an at will state, you can lay anyone off for anything. ANYTHING even protected things like age, race, religion... you just can't admit you are laying them off for that. they just add in the other people they want gone (smokers, fatties, slow guys, ugly, long hair, tattoos...), you just write "lack of work" and add a few regular people in then just dump everyone. the worst lately is ageism. i have never seen it so bad for older electricians. it is brutal.

8. Condition1

i have never been so scared of growing old, as i have been lately. the older guys ALWAYS seem to get laid off first, now. in the 90's, there was not enough guys to do the work... when i started the old guys were treated like kings. they were respected for their knowledge. now, the companies do not give a crap about anyone. it is "what have you done for me lately".

9. DBR

DBR Loaded Pockets

I do it every day. And, contrary to what some might believe, I am not the passive-aggressive saboteur but if he wants to play games, I'm 43 years old and I've already learned the games. Like management, I have more games than Milton - Bradley, so, let him take his shot.

Yeah, well, it was still one of the demotivational posters from about eight years ago. Hahaha!

Well, you're basically proving my point. If you lie, you're a dirty, rotten, lying, filthy so and so, but if they lie, it's just business, nothing personal. You know what? Because of a licensing requirement, my former employer screwed something up and didn't notify the licensing agency that I no longer worked for him which means he is facing several thousand dollars in fines because the licensing agency contacted me about a problem with the license! And I told them it wasn't my problem, I had not worked for that company for fourteen months. Hahaha! So, I worked for this guy for about seven years and he had two poison pill golden boys under him that could do no wrong. So, they didn't do their job and he's facing several hundred dollars in fines per month, multiplied over a matter of fourteen months.
    I cannot tell you what I think of them, it would show up as just asterisks here. :)

Hey man, the good jobs they couldn't ship overseas, they brought in illegal aliens to do, so, the fear is very, real...and it's not "paranoia," it is a very real threat to our American way of life and I really don't think it's going to get any better.

10. neutrontech
    • In Omnia Paratus

neutrontech Loaded Pockets

I learned a long time ago how to "manage my manager". Fortunately I'm self employed now, so I no longer have that burden.

11. DBR

DBR Loaded Pockets

Most managers don't really care about managing their managers, it's like a club, lording over The Great Unwashed. I'm sure you are a very fair employer. We need more of them, that's for sure.

12. neutrontech
    • In Omnia Paratus

neutrontech Loaded Pockets

I was actually referring to when I was an employee :)

I was pretty good about getting the manager to do things I wanted him to do, while making it look like his idea. I got employee of the year 2 years in a row at one job, when I probably didn't deserve it. I didn't kiss their :censored: either. Mostly I treated them like they were anyone else. Everyone else would act different around the boss, you could almost smell their fear. I didn't act any different toward and around my boss than I did anyone else. Treated him as an equal. I was able to get away with a lot, avoid disciplinary action for being late, got chosen for the "good" jobs, and got the boss to do things for me.

13. DBR

DBR Loaded Pockets

Yeah man, but your Gibbs, after all. And everyone knows that he's not just Gibbs. He's also Ted Bundy and Sheriff Johnny Behan, too. I mean, he's been a Doctor, too. Unbeatable Chameleon! :D

14. Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench Loaded Pockets

BTW I did not Wisely flee the thread, Ive been gleefully reading every single post....

Ive been working 60 hour weeks and collecting a fat paycheck. I have put applications in at other places, This place has some serious management issues. I worked construction in a family business since I was 16, Im 40 now and I had never worked anywhere else. This Work politics :censored: is all new to me. I'm 2 years out of the family business and I still cannot fathom why an employees choice of pants would have more weight than their work performance. Im still trying to get my head around things like average ticket, KPI and other marketing jargon.

It just chaffs my butt that the store manager lied to me about the dress code. Either he never read it or he KNEW that it was recently changed and he lied. Either way I cannot trust him and I don't know if that is reason to leave. I cannot describe how confused I am right now How on earth can all these screwups in the world keep jobs if its like this everywhere?

Don

15. DBR

DBR Loaded Pockets

Don,

Because the jobs right now suck and people need the sucky jobs in order to pay the sucky utility bill and sucky rent and for overpriced pants that rip when you actually work in them.

Buddy, do NOT bang your head on the wall and try to figure out what is the rough equivalent of The Beavis and Butthead Moron-a-thon that The American Workplace has now become because of a bunch of mealy-mouthed, wannabe despots. Just keep your head down, concentrate on getting by whatever nonsense you have to and collect the big, fat paycheck. :)

16. DBR

DBR Loaded Pockets

No, no, no! You were terrified of being discovered!

Just wanted to go back and single this out. That's because you have a brain and you realize that the guy that you helped out in the parking lot is going to remember this, "Wow, that guy really knew what he was doing!"

The only people that will realize that you had cargo pants on will be the people who seize that appearance issue, that this matters to them. I guess it is just how people are wired.

He can lie to you. You cannot lie to him. Repeat this mantra until you have it down. It is the absolute truth.

17. Mr BadWrench

The sad thing is, I probably wont be able to wear the duluth pants once summer comes around. The other funny part is that with my promotion I now work in a back room all day long and no one ever see's me.

18. DBR

DBR Loaded Pockets

Oh no, it's even more important now that you look presentable...even if the mice are the only ones that will ever see you. ;)

19. Mr BadWrench

kertap75 likes this.
  20. Dr Jekell
    • Administrator
    • In Omnia Paratus

Dr Jekell I had fun once, It was awful.
    Staff Member

Ok all of you were given one warning and now this thread has gone off topic even further.

So this thread is now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.