1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

In-pocket sheath suggestions, please

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by echo victor, Dec 16, 2012.

1. ac7ss
    • In Omnia Paratus

ac7ss Loaded Pockets

I use these on my board at work. You might be able to find them at pilot shops. (Go to any smallish airport, not your commercial ones, look for a store. All sorts of goodies in there.)

2. echo victor

echo victor Previously "YankeeHotelFoxtrot"

interesting, ac7ss. Based on your comment, I checked out Sporty's website. Sure enuf. a triple for $6.50 + $4.95 shipping. So, if I don't like it, I haven't wasted much $. My only real concern with any solution is how it would feel in the RH cargo pocket when I sat down or flexed my leg. Would it catch? This solution doesn't extend down into the pocket as would the Skinth or any other item I checked, hence it would very closely mimic what I have now, which is having the items clipped onto the pocket, next to one another.

I think I'll probably get this. My only question is if the pen opening would stretch enough to accommodate my EDC flashlight, a Brite-Strike ELPI . I couldn't find a diameter measurement for the ELPI on Brite-Stike.com , but I'll presume it will fit.

Once I get it (after the holidays), I'll use it for a bit and post my impressions here.

73 de w2edv

3. ac7ss
    • In Omnia Paratus

ac7ss Loaded Pockets

I can fit my thumb through it, they stretch quite a bit. The back side is pretty smooth.

Sent from a remote location using smoke signals.

4. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

5. echo victor

Tmedina

I had seen the first Raine item, but not the second. Thanks for that. The Raine site gives no measurements for these items. The second one looks promising in that it is quite similar to what I envisioned. I envisioned what s in reality the Skinth discussed in this thread, but it's too pricey for this function. I think the Skinth products are well thought-out.

6. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

Oh, granted - permit me to add the disclaimer that I have no association with the fellow producing the Skinth items. That said, they appear to be well designed, well thought out, and well built - but priced as you would expect anything with hand-crafted quality to be. That's not a criticism, just a simple acknowledgement that it's not affordable for some folks. At the moment, I'm one of them. :D

The Raine gear is hit or miss - which is why I suggest trying a local surplus store; that's where you can usually find their items. You can see if you like the feel, the weight, and if it will fit everything you want it to.

I happen to love their "deluxe knife sheath" series, which is why I'm comfortable suggesting the brand as something you should look at to see if it works well for you.

7. echo victor

Agreed; there ia an Airsoft store on my way home from work. They carry a lot of Rothco stuff, and I'll check if they have the sheath. Thanks!