1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

In my pockets and on my belt...

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by MetalMork, Feb 16, 2008.

1. MetalMork

MetalMork Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

The items in the image above are all rigorously carried on my person every day.

Many other tools and various things I have in my leather jacket's pockets and in my edc bags, as an integration to the above ones.

^M0rk^

2. AcydFlames

AcydFlames Empty Pockets

What is the flashlight attached to the retractable looking keychaing on the left hand side, next to the wistle? Looks like a Fenix. And what are you using for battery holders?

3. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

M0rk,

You made your first post last October! How did you slip under my radar? :police:
    A much belated "welcome!" to you! :)

As to your gear, I see you're a fan of carrying multiple backups! I count 5 Photon lights in that picture, along with several other sources of light!
    Would you mind listing the items we see in the pic?

4. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

Thanks for posting the photo, M0rk. How do you like the Leatherman Pulse?

5. TCW 60

TCW 60 Loaded Pockets

Welcome to EDCF!

6. MetalMork

MetalMork Loaded Pockets

1) actually, this picture is old; during these last months I added MANY more items to the set; I shall be taking an updated pic sometime soon; (and pics of my jacket's contents and edc and bugout bag's items too);

2) Leatherman: I alternate between a Charge TTi and the Pulse; the latter is by far my all-time favorite Leatherman: although it has less tools than the Charge, they are easier to flip open and above all, I don't break my nails while doing that (with the Charge that sometimes happens);

3) yes, the smaller torch is a Fenix L0D; in addition to it, I sometimes carry an Arc-AAA Premium (with a blue tritium vial attached to it);

4) battery case: the larger one is a Vapex Battery Storage case; the smaller one is an anonymous one bought with Biready batteries;

5) list of items.... ouch! This would take a lifetime. Anybody wants to identify all of the items? ;)

^M0rk^

7. Nephiel

Nephiel Loaded Pockets

Is that a radiation detector on the keychain on the bottom?

8. WillCAD

WillCAD Loaded Pockets

That's JUST the stuff in your pockets and on your belt?! That's insane! Do you wear a vest, or is that just pants pockets?

9. dajak

dajak Empty Pockets

I'm missing a decent locking folder mate :p

10. AcydFlames

AcydFlames Empty Pockets

I second that confusion. I know we all carry a lot of stuff, more that what most people consider normal, but I think that your pants & belt collection could rival some of the gear some of us carry daily in our backpacks/slings/briefcases, etc. If that is just on your person, no bags, vests, gigantic jackets, or anything else, congradulations on the organization! I know I couldn't fit that much into anything I wear on a normal basis. I have bad visions of the aftermath of all of that gear in close contact, tearing up the smooth surface of the knife, or doing its damage to the phone.

11. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

M0rk's EDC gear looks reasonable to me, especially if he is wearing cargo pants. If that is a Maxpedition Rollypoly dump pouch in the upper left hand corner of the photo, recall that Rollypolys can hold an incredible number of small items.

Many of the items are lightweight and spread out in the photo. He saves weight by carrying a 4 inch multitool (Pulse) and MiniMaglite instead of bigger and heavier alternatives.

12. MetalMork

MetalMork Loaded Pockets

I have a Doug Ritter's yellow small Benchmade knife (RSK1) in my Maxpedition Neatfreak bag.
    But in daily life, my small Wenger nailclip and/or the Leatherman usually do their job so I never
    actually need the RSK.

Besides, here in Italy it is forbidden to go around with folding knives. Even the Leatherman
    on my belt might be cause for discussions with our local authorities. Go tell them that
    I would feel like going around naked without my multi-tool... ;)

^M^

13. MetalMork

MetalMork Loaded Pockets

Yeah. A Nukalert :)

^M^

14. MetalMork

MetalMork Loaded Pockets

Please keep in mind that the items in the photo were my EDC some months ago. Actually I keep a different configuration, since I added some items and like to experiment with different alternatives some days (e.g. a Leatherman Charge + bit holders Mon-Fri and the Pulse on weekends).

Now about that photo. They were carried this way:

on my belt: Pulse+MiniMag (w/ Terralux Ministar2 Extreme "unofficial" led refit) , Leatherman Micra, Maxpedition Keyper + car keys + ResQme + white photonlight, Leatherman Tool Adapter + bits in their box, Maxpedition Mini Rollypoly, Treo palmtop w/ NiteIze holder;

small jeans' front pocket: old U.S. dollar coin (my lucky coin), Wenger nailclip + purple photonlight;

front right pocket: coins purse, usb pendrive, mini Hohner armonica, small compass, 4x AA USBcell batteries, eye drops, "strip for whitening ink on paper / ink eraser (don't know the english term for this one)", iPod shuffle + earphones, Fenix light+retractable chain, Key Defender + home keys hanging free outside the pocket + all the attached items in the photo; [NOTE: this pocket was usually about to explode for all the stuff carried in it]

front left pocket: paper tissues , 4x AAA rechargeable batteries, hair brush (foldable), storm lighter, Atwood whistle + retractable chain, Fisher Space Pen;

back left pocket: paper organizer

back right pocket: wallet + Spyerco Spydercard folding knife (no longer carried due to local laws paranoia);

attached to wallet chain: Atwood minikeyton.

As I wrote, I now have substantially changed the above configuration. My keychain tools have increased in number so I normally leave the second keychain set (the one w/ the Nukalert) in my jacket's pockets. More items are now attached to the primary keychain set and to the car keys. The Treo is now attached to the Netafreak bag, etc. etc.

On the negative side: when in the bathroom, unbuckling the belt has my pants falling like a rock on the floor with a *thump!* . And my pockets are very bulky (I usually weak either Levi's or Carrera jeans) and that might potentially attract strange looks from police officers when doing routine checks.

that's all. Not always confortable, but at least I feel at ease having all the basic items with me all the time.

^M0rk^

15. MetalMork

MetalMork Loaded Pockets

Call it paranoia :D

^M^

16. MetalMork

MetalMork Loaded Pockets

I'm not going to list the items my Maxpedition Neatfreak bag or my Maxpedition Last Resort Tactical Attache B-o-bag, it would take too much time.
    Anyway I've recently been moving some items (e.g. the 4 AA usbcell batteries) to my jacket's pockets, and others to my Neatfreak. Not so much a matter of weight. Rather, tight jeans and exploding pockets don't get along well :)

I usually revert back to carrying those items in my pockets during weekends or when the weather is hot: then I leave the neatfreak and my jacket at home and so I'm forced to stuff back things in my pockets again.

^M^

17. AcydFlames

AcydFlames Empty Pockets

Heh, not completely, I think I might understand the feeling ;D. We all have our daily carry, it just surprises me how much you actually fit into your pockets, especially that front right one!

I don't often take everything out of my pockets just to lay it out and inventory it. I usually just go from jeans pocket to new jeans pocket every morning, hardly ever having everything out in the open at once. I'd probably surprise myself sometimes.

18. MetalMork

MetalMork Loaded Pockets

Yep!
    Switching all the items to new jeans when washing time is due, is both a chore and an occasion to alter some items or drastically change configuration ;)

^M^

19. dyyys1

dyyys1 Loaded Pockets

That wallet is pretty bulky. Consider the ALL-ETT. :)

20. MetalMork

MetalMork Loaded Pockets

Ohhh.... this one is VERY interesting...

Not suitable on weekends (when I go around in full heavy metal outfit, and the chained wallet is a must), but at the workplace it might be a very tempting alternative :D

I wonder if it can carry italian ID cards (about 3" x 4"). If so, that's a must buy for me ;)

thanks for the tip
    ^M0rk^