1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

In-ear headphones

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by antman157, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Caleb

Caleb Loaded Pockets

I can understand that a little bit...country, 80's pop, rap....Bose
    Death metal, or less produced music....JBL. :)

2. Dominator

Dominator Loaded Pockets

If you have money to burn...JH13's or JH16's.

My next step will be customs, but I highly enjoy my Westone 4. I had the Shure 535's before that and I can really say that these are almost, very close to my perfect sound signature.

3. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

I'm still enjoying my Shure 215's.

Sent by owl post.

4. Bloodstriker

Bloodstriker Loaded Pockets

I've gone through a tons of cheap headphones. Decided to step up to a pair of Klipsch then Sennheisers. (Can't remember the models). I still wasn't too happy with the sound. I finally wound up biting the bullet and bought the Sennheiser IE 80 with a remote cable. Extremely happy with this choice. They were fairly expensive but they pretty much have the sound signature I was looking for. The bass ports are adjustable too. The clarity and the bass is great. Especially the sub bass. Unbelievable what they can do with IEMs these days. The most shocking part of the sound was the huge soundstage. I always disliked in ears as the sound felt like it was all coming from within your head. However, this set felt like some of the instruments were coming from outside. Test then out if you have a chance and if your budget allows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. JYJoe

JYJoe Empty Pockets

How to choose a suitable earphone with the right dimensions of earbuds?
    My earbuds are a little bit too big so my ears are painful. Sometimes earbuds themselves will slide out from my ears. Umm... Disturbing...[​IMG]

6. Shur
    • In Omnia Paratus

Shur Loaded Pockets

Try to find ones that come with more than the standard s/m/l single bulb tip.
    There are a few that come with a tri-flange tip that I have always found to stay in much better.

trfkcop likes this.
  7. pks

pks Loaded Pockets

I lot depends on what you like -- I personally think the klipsch style (oval soft tips) are the most comfortable, not high pressure. Some like the bose soundsports are not reallly "in ear", and have the "wing" that help the headphone stay in place. Those are the two that I use the most often.

Another factor is the weight of the actual unit. Some are very light (Klipsch x11 for example), some are really heavy and just will fall out because of the weight. So there are many different factors that contribute to fit.

8. Narcosynthesis

Narcosynthesis Loaded Pockets

The headphones with interchangeable tips may be your saviour - available in a wide range of varieties (I know I have had Soundmagic, Sennheiser and Sony models that have all shared similar interchangeable tips) and should come with a range of tip sizes to let you find a comfortable set.

The in-ears I have at the moment (a set of Soundmagic e10's) I swapped the supplied rubbery tips for a set of foam ones I got from Amazon (and have now completely forgotten the brand of) that I find very comfortable and well worth a look.

9. mauiblue

mauiblue Loaded Pockets

I've been rocking with Skull Candy Method in the ear sports sweat resistant earbuds. I love the bass response on them and I got them on sale (open package) at Amazon for about $14 for the first pair I owned then lost. Ordered another set for $24 (brand new in package). This time I got a Skull Candy hard case to store the earbuds in. Ha!!!

10. Fire Fighter

Fire Fighter Loaded Pockets

Dr Dre urBeats. There are some pre-Apple-owned models kicking around at a discounted price.

[​IMG]

11. Jammin82

Jammin82 Loaded Pockets

Mee Audio M6 Pro. Amazing sound, great price...

12. Jammin82

Jammin82 Loaded Pockets

As PragmaticMurphyist said, is a NiteIze gear tie. And they are indeed counted among the mostest usefulest thingies everrr.