1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

In-ear headphones

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by antman157, Feb 10, 2016.

1. nicknapp

nicknapp Loaded Pockets

I had a pair of Shure in ears that were great. After they were stolen I replaced them with a pair of westone in ears. To my ear, the Westone seamed to be slightly higher audio quality at a lower cost, with a slight tradeoff in build quality.

2. Wolfman Zack
    • In Omnia Paratus

Wolfman Zack Loaded Pockets

You said you have an iPhone, have you tried the earbuds that come with it???
    I was pleasantly surprised with mine, the old Apple earbuds weren't all that good, but there really stepped it up with the new ones.

3. Coupe_gxp

Coupe_gxp Uber Prepared

I am a big fan of the Ulitmate Ears headphones but they stopped making the consumer line so I would recommend any Shures. I ultimately have been sacrificing some sound quality for the convenience of Bluetooth and have been using my Beats Powerbeats2 for awhile now makes it much easier listening to stuff outside and in the gym when you don't have to have the phone right there or mess with cables. I listen to a lot of audio books so you don't really need sound quality as much anyways. I am not knocking them the sound quality is good but I am jaded with having really high end monitors for awhile now.

4. jjk454ss

jjk454ss Loaded Pockets

I really like my LG Tone Infinum. I love the Bluetooth, I was always yanking them off with the wire. I've got some Kanoa truly wireless earbuds on preorder.

5. polo2883

polo2883 Empty Pockets

I use the Bose QC-20. Love the noise cancelling when traveling or need quite in the office.New Posts

6. antman157

antman157 Loaded Pockets

Yes, I have. They are not comfortable to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wolfman Zack likes this.
  7. Wolfman Zack
    • In Omnia Paratus

Wolfman Zack Loaded Pockets

Too bad, but I guess they do have a narrow fit range with no rubber flange.
    If I had some decent buds that weren't heavily used I'd offer to trade, but unfortunately I don't.

8. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I don't like them either.

9. Adam Ng

Adam Ng Loaded Pockets

Stock iPhone ear buds is ok but they don't last with low to mid tier quality. I had worn out 4 over a year and a half running. Tried two pairs of Yudbud without luck. Had Sennheizer but they are too nice and pricy to mess up running. Recently bought Monster Cable ISport Strive. I find it low cost, good fit, great sound quality. Ran 2 Marathons with one and loving it still. I'm keeping an eye out for sale and discount to possibly get a second one and a spare.

10. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

Etymotics with triple flanges for serious sound isolation (motorcycle EDC), and these cheap Panasonics for pedestrian duty.

[​IMG]

xyz, jbray and AK Adventurer like this.
  11. Andromitto

Andromitto Loaded Pockets

Shure 210 in ear monitors. Best I have used for noise isolation and quality. I sometimes used them in lieu of bose quiet comforts on plane trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I LOVE my WIRELESS Powerbeats 2. Key word WIRELESS.

13. Jesse Hall

Jesse Hall Loaded Pockets

I love my Bose. Great sound and the rarely ever fall out of my ears.

[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

14. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

What buds have been comfortable for you?

15. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

I'm using Klipsch X4i, bought them at Best Buy, bought their 2 year replacement plan because no doubt they will be destroyed or short out like every other pair I've ever owned has. They sound amazing coming from a Skullcandy background, clarity is outstanding, bass is not quite as hard hitting as the Skullcandy Titans but also not as muffled and muted. Highs are a bit lacking compared to Bose but I actually prefer that as my ears are very sensitive to treble so I prefer more lows and mids anyway.

With buds, you'll start to see where your money goes when you compare clarity over a broad volume range. At 3/4 volume the Skullcandy and Klipsch sound about the same (however the clarity is still way better on the Klipsch) but when you turn the volume way down, the Klipsch really shine as the performance throughout stays the same, whereas the Skullcandy sound best when you push them. But, on the other end of that spectrum, if you push the Skullcandy too hard they peak and sound like crap, while the Klipsch will blow your eardrums and still sound amazing.

16. JonV

JonV Empty Pockets

I finally broke down and bought a good pair of ear phones. They are the Vsonic GR07 and sell in the $120 to $140 range, and are available in a "Bass Edition" and "Regular Edition". I have the Bass Edition. Don't be misled that the bass ones are all heavy with bass. They are only slightly more bass heavy and the sound could be described as slightly "different" (and superior) to the regular version. There are ongoing threads of 100s of posts on at least a couple of audiophile forums that discuss these.

kikissabiz likes this.
  17. ngc604

ngc604 Loaded Pockets

you should look into the Earhoox for Earpods. They come in two sizes in the pack for $10 on amazon. The really help the pods stay in place. I love them.

18. ngc604

ngc604 Loaded Pockets

Shure SE-215 with the Etymotic Research ER38-17 Glider tip make for some nice earbuds. If i'm listening to music those are the earbuds and if i'm talking on the phone or listening to podcasts then its the apple ear pods with earhoox tips.

The Etymotic Research MC5 are nice and light weight but they don't seem very musical to me. I only use them if i forget my 215s at home.

I have been a bose fan for many years so my next set will be from bose. Just waiting for the right time.

19. Alan Rohloff

Alan Rohloff Empty Pockets

I've had the Klipsch 4s for a few years, and they are a fantastic sounding iem at a reasonable price. They've held up well in and out of my edc bag. For improved bass and isolation, get a set of Comply tips for them .

20. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

Shure. Great sound and hard wearing.

Sent by owl post.