1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

IMCO TRIPLEX Super 6700

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by gstojinovic, Dec 12, 2010.

1. wheelsoffreedom76

wheelsoffreedom76 Loaded Pockets

This one was on ebay marked down due to the scratch. Think it was $12 a few years ago. Gave 40 for the zippo and it looked neat but the imco worked way better.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Xiii likes this.
  2. batteur
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

batteur Loaded Pockets

I usually carry a mini Bic these days, but I was at three weddings in the last months, and carried a IMCO Streamline there. A wedding is worth fuelling it up. ;)

gstojinovic likes this.
  3. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

Finally broke down and ordered a 6700 on eBay today. $40. More than I wanted to pay but not bad I suppose, comes NIB never used. Any tricks for keeping fluid from evaporating?

4. thatotherguy

thatotherguy EDC Junkie!!!!!

Does anyone have any experience with the Esbit lighters? They say that they're made by Imco and "made in Austria" on the side of the lighter. Looks like they make a Streamline and Triplex Super under the Esbit name.

5. faca

faca Loaded Pockets

Mine works ok

6. kleffa

kleffa Empty Pockets

IMCO vent out of business in June 2012, The Esbit lighters that you can buy new this days is the original IMCO lighter made in Austria. These lighters are rebranded with the Esbit logo. IMCO did this to many of they're lighters. The lighter has the IMCO Pat labeled inside.
    I have the 6700 Triplex and the 6800 streamline, and thay work perfect. They are the real deal.

When that said, the chinese copies is not a bad lighters either, and you get them for around 8 USD shipped from China.
    Replace the cheap flint with a new high quality one, and you got a decent lighter.

thatotherguy likes this.
  7. yakc130

yakc130 Empty Pockets

Sportsman's Guide used to sell these as a two pack offer. I think that they are knock-offs though. I'll have to check mine when I get home.

I've used mine over here in Saudi, and it works great. Only problem is the fluid seems to dry up in about 3-4 days. But then we have only about 10% RH.

8. Patski

Patski Loaded Pockets

I have 3 of them, one mini Fox, a 6800 Streamline and a 6600 triplex junior, you can see that they are the real deal, they are old and the paint faded, got them on ebay from Hungary... something like 40$ for the 3 of them! i'm missing the 6700, but my favorite so far is the junior! I wish I could put a date on them..apparently, the mini fox were made around the 30's...

[​IMG]

9. MikeFromGermany

MikeFromGermany Loaded Pockets

Good news for all friends of IMCO Lighters.

It seems that Windmill (a japanese company) bought the machines from IMCO and replaced broken parts. They started to produce the famous "Triplex" again. A local outdoor store in Germany ("Globetrotter") has them in stock. German retail price is round about 25 Euro.

See here (German text):
    Code:
    https://www.globetrotter.de/shop/imco-triplex-benzinfeuerzeug-254051/

Last edited by MikeFromGermany, Dec 12, 2016