1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

I'm thinking of getting a Nitecore MH10s......................

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by kukla, Mar 2, 2021.

1. kukla

kukla Loaded Pockets

2. Aruetii

Aruetii Loaded Pockets

Had the older MH10 model for my first 1 inch diameter flashlight. Most things beyond the switch design, battery, output and some aesthetic choices should be more or less the same.

Modes are easy to access without having to do the awkward flippity-flopping of the dedicated-tail/neck-two-button lights for selecting modes, or mastering pinky-manipulator proficiency after you blinded yourself trying to get moonlight mode but left your light on turbo. I'd assume the UI is the same in the newer model, which is good for general usage instead of "tactically" blinding hostiles 0.1% of the time and yourself 99.9% of the time.

Beam pattern seemed a bit on the tighter side with more throw than some other stubbier EDC 1-inch lights, but with moonlight it should be manageable in the "not blinding oneself inadvertently" department. Not quite sure about the LED and colour temperature and CRI and whatever it is that people usually fuss over with lights.

The older model had a protruding silicone clicky switch, which could switch on inadvertently. Not sure if the MH10S has the same issue with its metal (?) switch. I just twist the body tube for lock-out but the S might have got a proper lock-out.

Irritating things:

The charging port cover on the older model was... meh. It's floppy and insecure and pops out to the side all too easily. Though it's mostly because it's a softer rubber it seems (compared to the Fenix PD36R I have). Maybe Nitecore changed it, Idk.

Other thing I've observed on my Nitecore P12GT is that the clip, being non-indexed, can twist around a bit, which is not a problem. Except they seem to have heat-treated mine sufficiently hard to the point it somehow dug a little dip into the aluminium. My MH10 only has some minor scratches from the clip. Presuming Nitecore uses the same materials and processes, this might be an odd problem, I guess?

kukla likes this.
  3. kukla

kukla Loaded Pockets

Got one!

Pros............
    Range of brightness from 1 lumen to 1800 lumens, with 3 well spaced settings in between (1>50>300>1050>1800).
    Also has strobe, beacon, and S.O.S.
    Side switch only, tail standing, good ergonomics, good size & weight.
    USB-C charging.
    Good U.I., efficient memory, battery & charging indicator.
    Good price ($92.42), which included an additional NL2150 5000 mAh battery & battery holder, in addition to the
    standard NL2140 4000 mAH, and the accessories that come with it.............holster, clip, charging cable, spare o-ring, lanyard.

Cons...........
    Had to send back 2 units due to appearance (fit & finish) issues.
    The first two did not have the logo, switch, and "hot" warning symbol aligned at all.
    Very awkward to look at.
    These were purely cosmetic issues and did not affect the function of the flashlight at all.
    Nitecore took care of it.

The only other caveat was one that I had seen addressed in the reviews, that is, the switch is difficult to locate in the dark.
    I solved this by cementing a small "button" made from the tip of a Pilot G2 "clicky" onto the body of the flashlight just to the
    rear of the switch, for tactile enhancement - PERFECT!

All in all, I'm VERY satisfied with this flashlight.

Last edited by kukla, Apr 16, 2021
    #3 kukla, Apr 16, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  4. xtrajack

xtrajack Loaded Pockets

Just got a Nitecore SRT7GT. My first Nitecore.
    I am loving it. I had issues with the price, It is well worth it. It is one of the things I would replace if lost, strayed or stolen.

kukla likes this.