1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Im looking for decent work pants!

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by plague112, Mar 20, 2016.

1. plague112

plague112 Loaded Pockets

Im an hvac tech, always on my knees crawling in attics and crawl spaces, kneeling in dirt and on rocks lol. so most of my pants get ripped pretty quickly, anyone have some suggestions?

Ive tried wearing dickies, not a fan at all.

tough, flexable/easy to move around in pants. :)

2. Max.

Max. Loaded Pockets

I think you could find something at Duluth Trading Company.

Stuart Mantel and plague112 like this.
  3. OilfieldCowboy

OilfieldCowboy Loaded Pockets

Firehose Flex from Duluth is what you're looking for.

If you don't want flexible, get Dungaree cut Carhartt's. Their quality has gone steeply downhill since I used to wear them every day. Don't think I even own a pair of non-FR Carhartts anymore.

Stuart Mantel, Brisket and plague112 like this.
  4. Moco

Moco Loaded Pockets

i wear proper "genuine gear" cargo pants in Navy blue

plague112 likes this.
  5. Old Soul

Old Soul Loaded Pockets

I am in HVAC as well. I like the original 5.11 cargo pants and the B159 Carharrt pants. Both are 100% cotton since that is what my employer requires due to NFPA regulations. The 5.11 pants hold up better for me out of the two.

plague112 and Moco like this.
  6. plague112

plague112 Loaded Pockets

:D thanks everybody

7. JoshTF

JoshTF Loaded Pockets

I'll add in another vote for Duluth great pants. I actually ordered some in the wrong size (an inch long) but didn't send them back because I'd already worn them. Long story short I used and abused the pants for over a year because they didn't fit right I only wore them when doing stuff that I didn't want to subject the pants I like to. One day I found out about the no bull warranty they offered and on a whim sent them an email explaining my situation, they told me it wasn't a problem and even paid for me to ship the pants back to be replaced. I was floored.

Now my wife hates how much money I spend on their clothing. On a side note having more pockets then I can fill with stuff is amazing.

xbanker, Brisket and plague112 like this.
  8. plague112

plague112 Loaded Pockets

joshtf i think you just sold me on them haha.

JoshTF likes this.
  9. JoshTF

JoshTF Loaded Pockets

Happy I could help. The only down side I've found is that in the hot summer months they don't breath as well as some other matierals do but it's not that big of a deal. Also when you get them they tend to be stiff I just wash mine a few times to soften every thing up and no issues. Other then that I've had no issues, what ever they put on them for stain resistance is awesome too, my son grabbed a sharpie marker I was using to mark on some wood I was measuring to cut, made a big line down the side of a tan pair I had. I figured I was screwed and it would never come out, 2-3 washes later I'm not even sure where it was.

10. ngc604

ngc604 Loaded Pockets

Duluth are nice pants but pricey and i wish i owned more. My most often worn pants now are Carhartt twill work pants(look just like the dickies but they are much stronger) and bass pro shop's red head brand. Bass pro has their redhead branded pants for $10 during black friday. I try to buy two pairs every year. They are good value at $30 but an awesome value at $10 and they wear very well.

11. Caleb

Caleb Loaded Pockets

I'm in the same boat....I've spent tons of money on Duluth pants, and the Carhartt double front USA made's and I still burn through the knees and the cuffs. I still like to get a pair of the Carhartt's every couple of years but I've just gone full circle back to Levi 505 which don't last quite as long, but are comfy. For the record, the Duluth pants are probably the most durable. I had a pair save my leg from a chainsaw....just barely though. They are still gonna wear out in a couple of years, and I'm not one to do warranty claims on old pants. One way to easily double the life of any pair of jeans is keep them out of the dryer. Every trip to the dryer is like someone running a marathon in 160 degrees of dry heat and then some.

12. plague112

plague112 Loaded Pockets

you're so right about the dryer, every time i throw my work pants in there i get a new rip in the knee, even after i sew a patch on haha

13. Coupe_gxp

Coupe_gxp Uber Prepared

I wear triple aught design rip stop cotton pants. I crawl around on them and outside all day during the week. I have had some of them for 3 years without showing much wear at all.

14. AztecaMX91
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

AztecaMX91 Loaded Pockets

LA Police gear operators pants with elastic waistband. 20 bucks a pop comfortable ripstop material and i think double reinforced knee that if u want u can cut and put neoprene knee pads inside. Reinforced crotch too and cargo pockets. I love cargo pockets

Sent From Another Dimension

plague112 likes this.
  15. Oldcoyote

Oldcoyote Empty Pockets

5.11 also has a pocket for a thin knee pad inside.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

plague112 likes this.
  16. plague112

plague112 Loaded Pockets

wow those la police pants are very affordable! awesome lead.

a knee pad insert could come in handy :)

AztecaMX91 likes this.
  17. AztecaMX91
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

AztecaMX91 Loaded Pockets

You have to do some tailoring to get the knee pad insert in there but for $20 its a hell of a deal.

Sent From Another Dimension

18. SV-97

SV-97 Loaded Pockets

I wear 5.11 Ripstops daily and they're like new :D

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9195 mit Tapatalk

plague112 likes this.
  19. Vinay

Vinay Empty Pockets

Hello Aztec,
    Great recommendation.
    Would it hold good in middle-eastern desert climate where it is more than 115 F for min 4 months a year ? I work in a steel mill in desert and work in sheltered (hot & humid) conditions and outdoors (hot & dry).