1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

I'm I the only one with a back up watch?...

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Echo2, Mar 4, 2013.

1. JAGJ

JAGJ Loaded Pockets

That's actually a great point. I've totally left some of my pieces at home and it makes it really hard to get through the day. I brought backups to keep in my desk today!

keeper likes this.
  2. TinCan

TinCan Loaded Pockets

Even though most of us are secretly geeks, if we want to appear social then wear ONE watch!

T.H.Cone likes this.
  3. WJR

WJR Empty Pockets

I always have a second watch with me on trips, but not for edc. However, it is not the same watch. Although I have purchased a second watch of the same type before. To date, I have given the duplicates to my son to wear. Kind of fun for both of us to have the same watch.

Anyone make sure to have both a battery/solar watch and a mechanical watch just in case? I have done that before. As an example, a Casio Protrek and a Seiko automatic diver?

WJR

4. GG_Blaisdell

GG_Blaisdell Loaded Pockets

5. Slipjoint

Slipjoint Loaded Pockets

I bought a Leatherman KICK (that came with a free Micra), and I ended up liking it so much that I bought 3 of the same KICK/Micra kits. While I will consider trading a Micra, I am unwilling to part with a KICK, because it's my multitool of choice.

I also have a pair of Makarov pistols, a pair Romanian M69 training rifles, and a pair of Marlin Model 60s (both are the rare and desirable variant with the full 18 round magazine and the automatic bolt hold open feature).

6. Echo2

Echo2 Loaded Pockets

I got a Suunto Core at a SMOKING DEAL a while back...(Thanks to L.Armstrong...no one wanted a yellow band.)

[​IMG]

I'm a big fan of the Maratac Zulu 4 buckle strap....so had to get a couple to swap out for cleaning...they get a bit funky with sweat...:)

A few mods....

[​IMG]

And now it begins....I got another good deal on a module...and found a "parts" watch for a bezel and lugs....

[​IMG]

The birth of a new back up begins....:)

RacerX, azpops and T.H.Cone like this.
  7. Sheepdog149

Sheepdog149 Loaded Pockets

I keep a back-up digital Casio in my patrol bail out bag...Most days I wear my SKX007...I'll switch to something fancier here/there...

[​IMG]

wrenchking likes this.
  8. 11C1P
    • In Omnia Paratus

11C1P Loaded Pockets

If only my wife would let me get a few back-ups for her, I'd be set.

oedipus1978 and ac7ss like this.
  9. PsychRN

PsychRN Loaded Pockets

I wear a well worn Marathon GSAR, and I have minty GSAR waiting in a drawer....

10. boyo17

boyo17 EDC Junkie!!!!!

1972,,I had a tough job a long way from civilisation,,, my watch got wrecked within a week or so and the lack of a timepiece caused problems,,, my colleagues quickly got fed up with me borrowing their watches,,, so when I got the chance to touch ground in Kobe' Japan and when taking a rest from my personal research into the delights and rigours of the night-life there, I bought myself two near identical Seiko 6139-6002 automatic Chronograph watches, with the Pepsi bezel,, one with a blue dial and one with a yellow dial,,,, this model was the first automatic watch worn in space so I thought it would be strong enough for me. Years later the watch I was wearing failed so I hauled the back-up out of storage and when I looked at I realised that it's style was a bit old fashioned,,,,,, sporting a well-worn watch of that style was OK,,, but sporting a new watch of that era had no street cred for me at all. So I returned the back-up in the drawer and went out and bought myself a more modern watch.

I eventually sold the "new" back-up on Ebay for a hell of a lot more than I paid for it,,, so my investment was not wasted

T.H.Cone likes this.
  11. Echo2

Echo2 Loaded Pockets

I bought a parts watch to get a bezel for the working Core watch....it showed up today.

I took it apart and was going to start stripping parts....when I noticed it had a bit of corrosion on the rear contact....it was time to clean...

[​IMG]

Pulled it apart as best I could and used some contact cleaner on it...q-tips and the like....and low and behold....

[​IMG]

I guess now I need another parts watch...:)

T.H.Cone and azpops like this.
  12. Echo2

Echo2 Loaded Pockets

So my 2 favorite watches now have back ups....

[​IMG]

I started on making 20 of the watch band "Nano" carriers....but will also build a carrier for a "Nano" and a micro SD card and reader.....

[​IMG]

Will Post pics of both as I get them done...:)

13. 11C1P
    • In Omnia Paratus

11C1P Loaded Pockets