1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

I'm Getting Married !!! What should I carry ???

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Pine Box Parkinson, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Pine Box Parkinson
    • In Omnia Paratus

Pine Box Parkinson Not a N00b

I'm getting married on 10/26/13 and I've been trying to figure out what I want to carry at the ceremony and reception. They're in the same place and i'll be wearing a suit. It's not a super formal wedding, but I would like to carry a nice classy EDC that day.

I don't have a lot to spend since the wedding is getting close, but i'm sure I could sneak something in if it's under $75

What would you recommend? I think i'd like it to have a nice pocket clip so not much is sticking out. I prefer as low as a carry as possible. With that being said. What does everyone recommend?

EDIT : I need to get gifts for the guys helping out (Best Man, People doing readings Etc...) I was thinking about getting some Vic ALOX Cadets and giving those as gifts. They may not all be knife guys. But I think that would be good right?

THANKS!!!

2. microbe

microbe EDC Junkie!!!!!

I think you should carry your new wife across the threshold into you house after all is said and done.
    Congratulations to the both of you :)
    On your wedding day, everything should be arranged for you, you just need a nice watch so you will be on time.

JayAbsurd, CDKJudoka, sungame and 9 others like this.
  3. Quixotica

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

Get a Vic Spartan and put a dangler on it. Then you have a bottle opener for the reception, corkscrew for the celebration, blades to cut the wrapping on the champagne, tweezers for last minute eyebrow plucking, and a toothpick for the photos afterwards. ;)

4. GG_Blaisdell

GG_Blaisdell Loaded Pockets

Case carbon fiber? GEC gold glitter Ben Hogan? Something fancy. Sterling silver Victorinox?

5. grids7

grids7 Loaded Pockets

Congrats on getting married. Only EDC you need is a watch to get you to the church on time. :)

Cool idea - what man would refuse a Cadet, even if not formerly a "knife guy"?

Dr. Bahn, Sachmo and MWDP like this.
  6. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Removed a post. Let's show a little respect. Thanks.

SAKplumber likes this.
  7. arcadesdude

arcadesdude Loaded Pockets

Flashlights are always a nice gift even if people aren't flashaholics everyone appreciates having light. Something like the Olight i3s eos maybe?

SAKplumber likes this.
  8. MWDP

MWDP Banned

GG_Blaisdell likes this.
  9. mwoj

mwoj Loaded Pockets

I would happily oblige to helping out with the wedding if I were to get an ALOX Cadet. :D

MWDP and Pine Box Parkinson like this.
  10. EchoFox

EchoFox Loaded Pockets

Congrats on your upcoming marriage. I recently got married myself (5/31) and had no need for a knife on my person. Like several others have said just a good watch should suffice. But if you are hell bent on carrying one. I would make sure the pocket clip is the same color as the pants so it doesn't stick out too much. The cadet is a solid choice for any of your best men or whomever you need to get gifts for.

Pine Box Parkinson likes this.
  11. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

I agree about the Cadets being a nice gift, especially if they're not knife guys. I gave my Groomsmen SAK Mechanics:D I chose it because it was my fav, but in hindsight I think they would appreciate a smaller, less functional knife as I EDC'd mine and think they just threw theirs in a box or drawer.

For yourself, I agree with a previous poster about a nice flashlight. Get a chioce light, perhaps in Ti, and keep it forever:DGreat to have for your sweetheart if the lights go out somewhere.

Oh yeah, congrats and I had my 11 yr anniversary on 5/25:D

12. BigRob
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

BigRob Loaded Pockets

Yeah. I agree with the Cadets. Btw what's worse is I'm considering proposing this fall/winter and am already trying to come up with my EDC for the wedding day. Not thinking about who to invite or anything. But what's going to be in my darn pockets. I think I have an issue.

13. BigRob
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

BigRob Loaded Pockets

Oh and congrats btw. I meant to post that in the first post of mine.

14. grids7

grids7 Loaded Pockets

Watch and a ring, brother. That's why weddings are so easy for us guys - simple.

15. BigRob
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

BigRob Loaded Pockets

Yeah I guess. But I kinda want my Small Sebenza there with me. Lol. Once again. I have issues.

16. shmook

shmook Loaded Pockets

Watch, SAK, and a light. That's what I carried (vic Spartan, omega speedmaster, and a Felix PD10). A handkerchief too, for the teary wife!
    Don't load up with excess gear, suits look silly...

Shur likes this.
  17. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Removed another post. Again, respect.

18. Joeprez

Joeprez Loaded Pockets

Only the watch, as I did. I gave the best man a SAK also... I think it was a Rally. Good stuff.

19. MOD-u-LAR

MOD-u-LAR Loaded Pockets

I hate to say not to give knives (especially on the Forums) but I've got many a knife/flask/money-clip as a member of wedding parties, and while I've been happy with each one, the one that really stands out in my mind was when all of us in the wedding party were given an Ipod Nano. The cool part was that he personalized each one with the music that person likes. A way cooler and more thoughtful gift than an engraved flask. And the Ipods are pretty cheap now, it's really about taking the time and showing you care by picking songs you know that person likes. Anyway, congrats!

arcadesdude and kertap75 like this.
  20. KeyeEl

KeyeEl EDC Junkie!!!!!

Other than the rings and a small camera (or camera phone?), I am not sure why you would want to load up for a wedding. Most weddings are in warmer months and suits aren't exactly warm weather gear. Your head will probably be in the clouds which makes it a good opportunity to lose/misplace gear.

I like the iPod gift idea. The shuffles are $50, come in different colors and have free engraving from Apple.

Whatever you decide, congrats on your wedding and may you two have a long and healthy life together.