1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

I'm a sucker for Swiss EDC

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by LowWorm, May 1, 2006.

1. LowWorm

LowWorm Guest

I have no clue why Swiss gadgets and doodads make me all warm and happy inside, but there you have it. I've always thought SAKs were some of the best knives (got my first swiss knife at age 7, back in the good old days when you could carry one to school to help you peel your orange).

And when I first saw Sigg bottles, I had no choice...had to get a few and then indoctrinate those around me about their aluminum machined virtues.

And my Wenger Traveler alarm watch (1999-2005, RIP) was simply a classic. Wish that model hadn't been discontinued.

And now Stormdrane has introduced me to the Caran d'Ache Metal-X pens ... :smitten:

Is it just the uniqueness and precision of Swiss design that's so appealing? Maybe it's the irresistable symmetry of that Swiss cross/flag, or my Swiss heritage kicking in...dunno. All I know is that if the Swiss start churning out flashlights, I'm toast. :explode:

2. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

Where does one get Cara d'Ache metal pens? Is there a link for their website? I have an unexplainable love for Swiss things too. Hmmmmmmm.

3. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

4. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

5. deeker

deeker Loaded Pockets

I have distant Swiss bloodlines, too. Very nicely thought out designs and workmanship. Nothing there that you don't need.

6. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

Thanks for helping a sister out there Karen!!