1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

If you 'could' take only one...

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by NeWt, May 3, 2015.

1. NeWt
    • In Omnia Paratus

NeWt Loaded Pockets

I'm a bag dork... If you read the "how many bags" thread(s) you'd see that I have far too many. However, something just occurred to me today...

We had a beautiful day today in central Minnesota. It was 82-ish and sunny...and...in typical Minnesota fashion, a thunderstorm is moving in. It's 4:50pm and it's VERY dark right now.

Anyway, this is the beginning of tornado season here in Minnesota and it got me thinking...if we had some SUPER severe weather RIGHT NOW...what bag would I grab?

Well...I'd grab my "go" bag. (or whatever you call yours)

Yeah...the "go" bag I have sitting in my car/truck or by the door to grab on my way out might be convenient and ready to go...but would it be the bag I would want to have for an extended period of time?

I love my Goruck bags. I really like my Maxpedition bags. However, I think if the Stuff Hit the Fan and I had to leave my house for an extended period of time I would WANT to have...

My 5.11 Rush 72.

It's the biggest tactical bag I have, it carries heavy stuff well and it's well made. It's not my favorite, but I believe it would be the one I would want to have with me in a situation where I needed a larger, tough, comfy carry, don't care to have with me all the time (normally).....bag.

What is YOUR "If you 'could' take only one..." bag?

bigfoot and smokingfish like this.
  2. JKirkland

JKirkland Loaded Pockets

Mine would have to be my GR1. I have a few cheaper bags, and a belstaff 556 knock off, but it's by far my favorite. I use it for school, travel, etc. Interesting thought though.

NeWt likes this.
  3. smokingfish

smokingfish Loaded Pockets

I only have 2 bags, a goruck and ogio bag.
    But in the case of emergency, the goruck is already packed and good to go. It sits in my trunk with a 20 pack of water bottles and dry food.

I'm always driving, so I figure it's the best place to keep some stuff.

NeWt likes this.
  4. TacticoolMike

TacticoolMike Loaded Pockets

I think I'd have to go with my MR 3dap. Small enough when I want it to be but able to extend beyond its rated 2000 cu inches with external compression. I can go from just shoulder straps to employing the belt for heavier loads (surprisingly the standard belt transfers weight to the hips very well considering it is not very big). Plus, coyote is a sexy color that works just about anywhere.

NeWt likes this.
  5. TacticoolMike

TacticoolMike Loaded Pockets

........and now you opened a can of worms, hah. If it's spring/summer, I may opt instead for my MR ASAP. It's sleek and sexy and even when :censored: you need to look good!

NeWt likes this.
  6. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

At the risk of sounding like a broken record,I would pick the Camelbak Urban Dispatch for sure!

This is the first bag that can carry my 17" MBP safely AND offer the organization I want but not look completely ridonkulous whether loaded or not.
    Add to that the unique CCW or Hidden places and it stands pretty much alone for me as an EDC choice.

Every other bag I have tried failed on some of these counts.

I also like all of the thoughtful little features sprinkled all over the bag,it is just a great bag!

By the way my other bags think this is a hilarious thread!

Jarhead Greasemonkey and NeWt like this.
  7. MikeM

MikeM Loaded Pockets

Mine is a Kifaru High Camp bag and Cargo Panel on an MMR Frame.....all loaded up and disaster ready.
    It's a reasonable weight,has a huge carrying capacity,and is plenty tough.

I'd like to amend this post because my first answer was for a full on natural disaster,or just short of an apocalyptic event where I may have to live out of my pack for extended periods,provide my own shelter,and/or travel great distances. In a lesser event I would definitely grab my Loco for all the reasons stated above but in a smaller package.

Mike

NeWt likes this.
  8. bigfoot

bigfoot Loaded Pockets

Whatever is the EDC bag of choice at the moment. Currently alternating between a GR Bullet 10L and a TAD Litespeed v2.

Gave up trying to carry everything plus the kitchen sink. :cool:

9. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

Yikes bigfoot. I like 40 liter or nothing.

bigfoot likes this.
  10. Moco

Moco Loaded Pockets

my jansport hauler. cant carry water too well but has a huge main compartment, confortable straps and enough organization to carry my pouches inside without getting overly lumpy, it probably could hold 72 hrs of gear if i needed it to.

NeWt likes this.
  11. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

Mine would be my Rush 24.

NeWt likes this.
  12. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

Not a hunk nor a hulk but my Rush12 just fits me right and have performed execeptionally in both urban and suburb and suburban settings, from office to amusement parks! Rigged it with a side handle plus bottle holder on the side, it holds a lot and will suffice a 3 night trip.

NeWt likes this.
  13. JHGM

JHGM Dinosaur Supervisor

Only one?

CamelBak Urban Assault...

[​IMG]

steeps and NeWt like this.
  14. Bedlam

Bedlam Loaded Pockets

Gregory Baltoro 65 (I think) if I need to carry a TON of stuff, Goruck GR0 if I don't. Hell, I'd probably cheat and put the GR0 in the Baltoro, ain't no shame in that.

MikeM, steeps and NeWt like this.
  15. JT2V

JT2V Loaded Pockets

Just one bag ... of my current stock it would be my Kelty Redwing 50 since it can hold all the gear i would need for a long time and be comfortable to carry.

NeWt likes this.
  16. Cr0wb4r

Cr0wb4r Loaded Pockets

I would have to say I would take my GR1. I love that thing to death, I really do. Being a student I can get away with using it daily, and I have gotten to know how I like it set up, and what I can use it for.

NeWt likes this.
  17. Mica

Mica Empty Pockets

I like my GR1 a lot, it's perfect for travel, hiking, class and work, but it's too long for my torso. I am selling it and looking to get a GR0.

(Not sure if it's ok to post things for sale here, it's on eBay if anyone is interested).

NeWt likes this.
  18. Darrel S. Jarvis

Darrel S. Jarvis Loaded Pockets

Mystery Ranch 3 Day Assault.

I love my Urban Zippy for all around general use but if I had to have only one bag, I'd take the 3DAP for it's larger size and the harness / belt which can carry more weight.

My Dunamis Gear Cargo Pockets add another 1000 cu-in of standby capacity to the bag.

NeWt likes this.