1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

If you could keep only one...

Discussion in 'Knives' started by evolutionglitch, Mar 27, 2012.

1. JAfromMn

JAfromMn Banned

I would have a tough time picking

It would either be my ZDP 189 Endura my wife got me for valentines day a few years ago or my ESEE Rc4 to have just in case.

2. evolutionglitch
    • In Omnia Paratus

evolutionglitch Loaded Pockets

Take the Endura. I think I actually like the rat better but you might kick yourself over leaving the endura. Just my 2 pennies though.

3. Swedish169

Swedish169 Loaded Pockets

the practical choice would be my SAK huntsman, but if i went with my heart it would be the Osborne 940.

[​IMG]

4. Low_Speed

Low_Speed Loaded Pockets

141 Tanto combo blade. Definately has a great feel in the hand.

5. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

This one. It never complains.
    [​IMG]

6. fuzee

fuzee Empty Pockets

[​IMG]

My EDC knife of course...

7. Manatakui

Manatakui Loaded Pockets

Despite owning or having owned much "better" knives, whether in terms of steel or carry-ability, my vote would be for a Victorinox OHT; just enough to get you through the day, plus some extras on hand. :)

8. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

If i had to grab one knife because the house was burning down it would be my Spyderco TI ATR my wife bought me, everything else is easily replaced

If it had to grab one to survive the apocalypse it would be my BRKT Gunny

9. temujin

temujin Uber Prepared

This has turned out to be a surprisingly hard question for me to answer. Each time I come up with what I think is my answer, something in my head overrules it. I have knives that are sentimental favorites and practical favorites and I am torn.

But honestly, I have a small bag, usually a small waistpack that's kind of a grab and go bag. If there were a fire, I would grab that, as it has a few essentials. So, based on that assumption, more than one knife would come out of the fire with me. As I write, in the bag is a Victorinox Compact, a Victorinox Bantam, and a Cold Steel Scimitar.

10. Vesp
    • In Omnia Paratus

Vesp Loaded Pockets

I have been thinking about this allot. Even before this thread came up. And I must say that I don`t really know.. I have many knifes, and I love many of them for different reasons. From looks, sentimental reasons, to the ugly ones that just always works and never gives up.. I would have been trapped inside the fire, before I could deside. Haha. :)
    I think I might go with the Helle fjellreven.. Got it for xmas about 16 years ago, and it gave me some of my first stiches. So there is some setimental wallue. It looks good, and is a real workhorse.

[​IMG]

11. evolutionglitch
    • In Omnia Paratus

evolutionglitch Loaded Pockets

Echo, this echos my sentiments exactly!

@ Fuzzy... your edc is a classic, good choice.

@ Swedish... thats a tuff call. the 940 has IMO one of the best blade profiles. It was my favorite knife until it killed its Omega springs and benchmade wouldn't send any and wanted me to pay for shipping bothways a sharpening fee and a maintenance fee whatever that was (I called them. They couldn't care less about anything at all it seemed.) I was done, never will I buy a Benchmade again that I cant fix and replace parts myself. Sorry, rant mode off.

12. Daniel Fairly Knives

Daniel Fairly Knives Loaded Pockets

It would be a SAK my grandfather gave me as a kid, it has great sentimental value.

If it could be two I'd also like to keep the first one I made, I use that knife a ton and it is always cool too look back.