1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Ideas for carrying a drone

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Bloodstriker, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Bloodstriker

Bloodstriker Loaded Pockets

I recently got a DJI Mavic Pro and the carrying bag from the same company. The bag is okay, but doesn't have enough room to fit anything other than the drone and its accessories.

I am wanting to put the drone I'm my backpack. I prefer a Mille compatible hard pouch - like the one from Hazard 4. The only issue is that the Hazard 4 one is too small.

Does anyone know of any slightly larger pouches in the same style?

2. cj797

cj797 Loaded Pockets

Here's what I bought. It's from GPC a 5.11 Rush 12 with a custom cutout from GPC. The only thing I did was another piece of foam to the inside to cover everything and then I zip it closed. Carry it in my trunk of my vehicle everyday.

http://goprofessionalcases.com/dji-mavic-bp-ltd-1.html

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary Gross likes this.
  3. Bloodstriker

Bloodstriker Loaded Pockets

That's really cool!

However, I was wanting to use one of my existing backpacks and finding a molle-compatible pouch just big enough to fit the drone into. I'd rather not go the route of a dedicated backpack. My intention is to bring the backpack when I travel. I will need to carry a bunch of my daily essentials, but I'd also like the ability to use molle to attach the drone pouch to the outside of the pack when I feel like it.

4. Burncycle

Burncycle Loaded Pockets

The mavic (and controller, and a spare battery) will actually fit into one of those military looking nalgene bottle pouches, which would easily attach to some molle, but it offers absolutely no crush protection.

[​IMG]

There is a dirt cheap EVA case you can get pretty much anywhere online that DOES offer some crush protection, but the catch is -- it's just a little too big now to fit in the above pouch.... but if the Nalgene bottle pouch was about 10% larger in diameter (or if I had any sewing skills) it would be great.

[​IMG]

Alternatively you can throw those inside a bag and still have some crush protection,

I use an Ipad mini 2 to fly mine, and while I know you're not looking for a stand alone pouch I've been using this and absolutely love it. It offers some crush protection, and is about as small as practical yet still carries everything (including the ipad mini)

[​IMG]

If you were a do-it-yourselfer you could get one of the EVA pouches, glue on some cordura nylon to match your backpack -- and sew on some Molle first so you can simply attach it to the molle on your pack like a home-made external pouch.

Gary Gross likes this.