1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

I want to see the coolest Laptop backpack

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by jon1996, May 27, 2008.

1. jon1996

jon1996 Loaded Pockets

Thats funny, My company I work for ordered me a Swiss Gear Ibex, Blue and Black from Dell today, I liked it on the website and I should like it in real life

2. Trickster

Trickster Loaded Pockets

I use an Eastpak Stammer (Hope the link works, the Eastpak site is a bit too "flashy"), it's got a really large laptop compartment, up to 17''. Big enough for trusty Thinkpad T41 (in a neoprene sleeve for added protection) and some other stuff like a magazine, an A4 writing pad, etc.

I use this thingy as EDC bag when I go to university. It is really quite roomy: aside from the laptop compartment there is another large compartment (can be flattened via the compression straps), a big organizer pocket for my PDA, notebooks, pens and other useful gizmos and gadgets, and one large flat pocket on the front where I stash various other stuff that happens to come along; headphones, candy ...
    It is really amazing how much fits in there, it does not look that big from the outside.

I also have two large side pockets (generic hiking stuff) that I can attach to the compression straps to turn it into a 72hrs bag (at least for me, I tend to travel light)

EDIT: Just seen that the original poster has a backpck now. Too late...

3. Mike V

Mike V Loaded Pockets

4. HaChayalBoded

HaChayalBoded Loaded Pockets

When I thought I would need to travel with a laptop I picked this up http://www.bfgstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BFGBKPACK however I never picked up said laptop and therefore never ever used this backpack. I picked it up probably 5 years ago and its been hanging on a coat hanger ever since. BTW the picture DO NOT do the bag justive, its actually extremely nice and i can't believe it's now just $59, when I got mine it was more than twice that price.

5. Stutoffee

Stutoffee Loaded Pockets

Check out Jim Rosarios Triple Threat Tactical HSLD (High Speed Low Drag) Bag.
    It costs about $500 but its just amazing.

6. TooSharp

TooSharp Loaded Pockets

It may not be the coolest, but this is what I picked up this weekend. I had been searching for a swiss gear bag, but they were all too small to put the amount of books that I need to carry in as well. High Sierra

7. panzer

panzer Loaded Pockets

Camelbak Urban Assault is really nice laptop backpack.

8. luminous

luminous Loaded Pockets

Check out this link for a fairly extensive list of laptop bag manufacturers.

One of my personal favorites is WaterField Designs because of their high quality laptop sleeves that can be used with or without their bags.

One of the coolest from a tech/survivalist point of view are the bags from Voltaic Systems that have built in solar cells that will recharge your laptop.

Finally, for it's sheer luxury and minimalist design I'd love to pick up this bag from Zegari, but it is definitely pricey at $325!

9. itsrob

itsrob Empty Pockets

I love my Spire backpack. It has protected my laptop from impacts I thought were enough to break it. Nice design.

10. ChargeTTi

ChargeTTi Empty Pockets

11. TheSaucemeister

TheSaucemeister Empty Pockets

Targus ATW.

As a matter of fact, I own one myself and I'm pretty darn pleased with it. Very sturdy and rugged; only drawback is cleaning/washing it. It sure is a pain in the bum.

http://www.targus.com/UK/product_details.asp?sku=TEB02

This is the bag I currently own; bought it about 3-4 months ago. Very, VERY reliable. Lots of storage compartments, including a nylon pouch on one of the straps, and a secret storage compartment on the base of the bag.

Well, that's my two fils :broke:

Best of luck!

Kirk

12. quattrokid73

quattrokid73 Loaded Pockets

Nothing beats the Booq series for urban computer/edc backpacks. They are pricey but made of top quality materials.

I have a Booq Python XM and it is a relatively small backpack but it holds EVERYTHING. The interior padded laptop area is great, but the best part is the "bay". The back of the pack opens up like a drawer and reveals tons of INDIVIDUALLY padded pockets and sleeves for storing anything. Nothing goes loose in a Booq bag. There is a compartment for all things.

Here's some pics.

[​IMG]

[img width=640 height=425]http://www.rushfaster.com.au/site/image/product/BOOQ/PYT-BLK-XM_5.JPG[/img]

I paid $200 for mine and I don't look back. I'll keep this pack forever and it truly makes EDC life easier. Think about it, all those compartments for all our EDC gear, plus room for a laptop. The side compartments are perfect size for a Sigg bottle too!

13. fishwolf

fishwolf Loaded Pockets

Wish I could post a pic of my Power Aid one I have up for grabs. Even if you dont like Power Aid its a cool BP.

14. mikeindallas

mikeindallas Empty Pockets

new here but wanted to give +1 for the spires. Have had one for three years now, tough as nails, comfortable, keeps my laptop secure...

15. phill

phill Loaded Pockets

This is one deep bump.

Im still in the market for a new bag myself and after doing the usual rounds last night and ran across this Wenger Swissgear Ibex.

Play.com seems to be the cheapest for the UK but dunno bout the US. There are a bunch of pics of it on that link, ive counted 7 zip pockets, there appears to be two mesh pockets on the side for water bottles, a bunch of internal pockets in the front for organising gear and can fit 17" laptops. All wrapped in Wenger quality construction.

That Booq bag does look uber cool though.

16. Kabong30

Kabong30 Empty Pockets

17. jonny8642

jonny8642 Loaded Pockets

Ogio Metro is my all time favorite, Lots of little pockets inside for more organization. I have a swissgear one I picked up at sams club I used before it, for $25. The only reason why I switched was because the swiss gear one wasn't big enough.

18. jester02k

jester02k Loaded Pockets

I got it!
    Here's the best The Yoda Pack
    [​IMG]

Sorry the force was too strong I couldn't resist :evilgrin:
    Jester02k

19. Kabong30

Kabong30 Empty Pockets

^

Finish training you will.

20. mikeindallas