1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

I want out

Discussion in 'Account Changes' started by Artifice, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artifice

Artifice Loaded Pockets

I formally request my account be deleted. For simple reason, Im finding it to be a waste of time to post a thread or question and getting smart :censored:, sarcastic answers from users who think they know it all in return. I have never seen a mutltiude of this nature on any other forum. It also seems that "supporters" can say what they want with no reprocussion. So rather than waste my time with this site any longer, please delete my account. Thanks.

2. MR24927
    • In Omnia Paratus

MR24927 Loaded Pockets

i am really sorry for your poor experience, but i respect your request

3. alukardfe

alukardfe Loaded Pockets

I think its you who have issues or you just had bad luck.
    Here are a few things to think about:

Did u make a topic you know it would get out of hand?
    Did u interact with people who are "jerks"
    If one of your topics was closed did u ask why?
    If someone did something wrong to you did u report them?

4. Artifice

Artifice Loaded Pockets

I posted a topic I had posted in other forums because I wanted opinions from differant target audiances. Not childish smart answers. Didnt have this problem anywhere else. Because if you cant reply with civil good answers, than its pointless. And yes, I have reported a few people.

5. alukardfe

alukardfe Loaded Pockets

See the forum is not the problem its some people.Im sorry your topic got closed maybe it just got to many bad people/posts and it was more easy to delete the topic or close it.

Here tell me what was the topic and I will send you my opinion

B_H_ and MR24927 like this.
  6. BullRome

BullRome Loaded Pockets

You actually stated in the other thread discussing this same topic that you thought it would have gone better if people read into the topic more. The mistake you are making here is that if you post a thread YOU must be clear and not assume others will "read into it" like you have. You are making this something it is not. Just take a minute to think about it.

7. Artifice

Artifice Loaded Pockets

I said, Read the THREAD. They were to busy bashing the examples I used rather than replying on the subject matter.

8. BullRome

BullRome Loaded Pockets

My mistake, I apologize for misquoting. You are correct. It was the "deeper meaning" statement I meant to reference.

9. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

This is why I started my thread about negativity - here's an example of the experience I was talking about.

It's a shame someone wants to leave so soon because they have seen that side of the forum.

Sparkey, Mr_Moe and mooshisho like this.
  10. Artifice

Artifice Loaded Pockets

Bottom line. I get on forums to gain more information and discuss opinions with other people. Not post something and get "facebook" like comments.

11. Dr Jekell
    • Administrator
    • In Omnia Paratus

Dr Jekell I had fun once, It was awful.
    Staff Member

Right then:

The thread - Bear Grylls & Les Stroud - was closed because of the bickering.

Then you went on to complain on your profile page:
    You then made the thread - Stay Positive! - Which basically rehashes your first thread. John had already noticed this one before I had a chance to bring it to his attention.

After that you made several posts in the thread - Why are certain conversations deleted?

All this because of one thread not going the way you expected?

Are you really going to blow up & leave due to members replying to what was posted rather than what you expected them to do?

hatchetjack, Gnarly and BullRome like this.
  12. pacman

pacman Loaded Pockets

My comment seemed a little incendiary so I removed it.. Hope you get it all figured out man, hate to see anyone leave such an awesome community.

Last edited by pacman, Jun 13, 2012
  13. Artifice

Artifice Loaded Pockets

They did not reply to what was posted. They replyed to the examples I used and went off topic. And yea, this isnt the first time Ive had this happen on here but its certainly the last because I dont tolerate that kind of stuff. Like Ive said before, Forums are for gaining information and discussing certain topics with differant people. Not a place where you post something and then get a bunch of people who want to get on the offense. Sorry, but thats the way it is.

14. KeyeEl

KeyeEl EDC Junkie!!!!!

Just an F.Y.I. My comment about the salt-water enema, although a bit sarcastic, was actually genuine and on your side. Many "reality" shows are scripted to the point they are no longer "reality". Obviously his show (and maybe Les Stroud as well? I've never seen him) are exaggerated for entertainment purposes. I don't hold this against Bear.

That all being said, I think you should give the forum a chance. We've all had moments of being disagreed with and/or trolled. It's just what happens in this digital age where people talk behind a computer instead of face to face. Many things get lost in translation without gestures/tone of voice to help. Heck, even I've trolled some in my younger years. Just don't let one or two bad experiences ruin the big picture for you as a whole. If you get upset every time someone disagrees with you online, then you might as well get rid of your internet service because you will be miserable.

B_H_ and Mr_Moe like this.
  15. Artifice

Artifice Loaded Pockets

I dont get mad at people for dissagreeing with me. Im annoyed at the fact that people wanted to complain about something that had very little to do with what the topic was about.

16. Mr_Moe

Mr_Moe Loaded Pockets

Focus on the positive, I'm certain that you can still gain a lot of knowledge and have many positive interactions/discussions here. If you feel you need to walk away, you can always check again later on.

17. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I have not read everything but only skimmed. I will come back later to try and get a handle on what all is going.

I will say this, if we get to the point were everyone agreed on everything I will feel like we failed.

Last edited by JonSidneyB, Jun 13, 2012
    keith1234, B_H_ and Gnarly like this.
  18. shrap

shrap Loaded Pockets

I think people are allowed to do that, unless it degenerates into personal attacks or insults. You did post on a quite lolzy (sorry) topic that doesn't lend itself towards serious discussion.

toemke and Gnarly like this.
  19. xtrajack

xtrajack Loaded Pockets

Straight up, I have not read the thread referenced to above.
    I have found this forum to be one of the more friendly ones that I have found.
    I also do not feel that I have been mistreated or disrespected in any way.
    Until friday last, I had not been a sponser/supporter. I have been a member here for over a year now.

I have never seen either show.

Old Joke:
    Television: a device that let's you be entertained in your home by folks you wouldn't let into your home.

Gnarly likes this.
  20. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

And who REALLY gives a diddly about anything those dudes ( Les Somebody & Bear SomebodyElse) says or does, anyway?
    Have you seen the absolute crap they have allowed their names to be attached to?
    Even their mommas would be ashamed.
    So I hafta ask:
    Is any member here seriously paying attention to, or expecting to learn from, any of that rubbish?
    It's entertainment, for some, I guess....like cartoons for adults,I guess. I dunno.
    Have never seen either show, but have read reviews, articles & commentaries by them....and will stick by my 'rubbish' and 'entertainment' comment.
    Hollywood. Go figure.

If you're gonna be upset about something, at least let it be something with some 'socially redeeming value', or about something that affects all of us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.