1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

I want my first EDC fixed blade

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Chad Kellner, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Chad Kellner

Chad Kellner Loaded Pockets

Update and question: OK, so the first knife was a mora. I got jipped and was not sent the HD, but am still happy with the knife, just knew that it's a bit too big for daily carry.
    Next..... Columbia river CRRKT folts minimalist neck bowie knife. [​IMG]
    this is a neat little knife. Again, I am pleased with this knife, but probably exactly not what I had in mind. I have a slightly larger neck knife, (dagger therefore illegal to carry) but this one is much more comfortable to wear. Barely notice it's there. Not as sharp as the Mora out of the box. It fit nicely in it's sheath. pretty small blade.

Now to my question.............. after seeing the belt clip for these two knifes, I see that the belt i primarally wear with jeans is a bit too stout / bulky for these sheaths. It is double leather sewn together. It was purchased for CCW carry and is strong enough to stand straight out if you hold it out. So the Mora's clip cant really lay flat over the belt. The clip that came with the CRKT is too thin to slide through the belt also....

so I have a question about the Tec Loc's. I understand there is a small and a large. I believe the large can accomidate belts as wide as 1.25" - 2.25". Plenty good. But what I wonder is the thickness of the clip if it will close or slide into my belt. Anyone have any opinions.

A J clip may work as a good option also.

Is far as a price point and where I'm leaning now.... I am looking at the Izula as being about the right size. I want the skins on the handle, and it looks like I'm going to need a custom sheath built with just the right clip for my belt. does anyone have a reccomendation of a company that would sell the whole package?

2. Chad Kellner

completely stoked!!!!
    Two new knifes on the way... Yesterday I ordered the Izula II. i ordered through a sheath maker so I'll have a custom sheath for this one when it comes in. Very excited about this little knife. sincerly hope it takes care of most EDC needs.

Last I looked, the Boker Plus Coye Ridgeback was out of stock on Blade HQ so I signed up to be notified when it cam in, and whataya know, it came in last night so I completed that order today also.

Now I've got two little knifes on their way..... YEAAAAAA!!!

3. Chad Kellner

[​IMG][​IMG]

The Boker Coye Ridgeback came in today. Sweet little knife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Cody Trudeau

Cody Trudeau Loaded Pockets

I would go for a real Coye Ridgeback from Bill Coye. You won't regret it!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

5. Chad Kellner

Mine came in yesterday if you like to discuss
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ManVsLawn likes this.