1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

I want a new folding knife, give me some options people!

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Danger: Wildman, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Invictus

Invictus Loaded Pockets

Another vote for the Spyderco Dragonfly. If you're looking for a bit bigger try the Delica. Can't really go wrong with a spyderco, good luck!

catfishdan and Six String like this.
  2. ThatsMyKnife

ThatsMyKnife Loaded Pockets

Dragonfly.

catfishdan likes this.
  3. Six String

Six String Loaded Pockets

Nothing but good stuff in the forum store.

4. certifiednut

certifiednut Loaded Pockets

i like the manix 2, the superleaf (99$ at knifecenter), mini grip, dragonfly ( more than likely my next purchase), or endura in that price range

5. Plinkman

Plinkman Empty Pockets

I've never handled an Endura, but it appears from the specs that it's a full-size folder. I wonder if some might consider it a little too big for EDC. Again, I don't have any personal experience with one, I'm just interested in what others have to say.

Danger: Wildman likes this.
  6. Syclone

Syclone Loaded Pockets

It's big imo.

7. NeverAnonymous
    • In Omnia Paratus

NeverAnonymous Loaded Pockets

I was gonna say something like a strider or a sebbie but good luck finding one under 100 bucks lol. Mcusta makes some pretty nice stuff. I wasn't a fan of the delica (I know I know, spare me, please) but the dragonfly 2 is probably your best bet. I'd go for the g10 version I I where you.

8. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

Spyderco Delica - I dislike the looks of most Spydercos. I hate to admit it but this is the best knife I've ever owned and when I know I'm going to need a knife for something, this is the one I carry. It's thin and light, and the VG10 steel is great. $60 or so most places. If you want smaller, then try the Dragonfly.

Kershaw Skyline - check out www.kershawguy.com for deals on "blems". Got mine from him for $25 and it's flawless. Thin, light, and amazingly sharp out of the box.

If you want assisted opening, then a Kershaw Blur or, at the top of your price range, a Zero Tolerance 0350.

Another great knife in the same general category as the Skyline and a little below the Delica is the Boker Plus Hyper. Another thin and light knife, with a blade design somewhere between the Skyline and Blur. It comes with a reversible deep-carry clip and has the smoothest one- handed opening and closing of any of my knives, using thumbstuds. Skeletonized handles, G10 on one side, frame lock. This one is often overlooked but a great knife, probably the best of the Chad Los Banos designs.

9. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

10. IMWILSON
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

IMWILSON EDC Wizard

Nothing personal to the OP, but asking everyone to pick a knife for you is like asking strangers to pick a life partner for you. You need to do at least a little research. I don't know how many "Pick a knife for me" threads I've seen! Come on, put a little effort into it! At least narrow it down some. Then come ask everyone what they think about knife A,B,C, or D.

Foster, jph0200, Freman and 3 others like this.
  11. Freman

Freman Loaded Pockets

Spyderco knives are very nice. I have a Resilience being shipped to me.

What do you want it to do? Best general use knife is a Swiss Army.

There are probably a thousand or more possible knives, and everyone will have different ideas. I agree with IMWILSON.

IMWILSON likes this.
  12. bh49

bh49 Loaded Pockets

Spyderco Centofante3. Around $50. Looks classy with silver bug. Slicing like a laser with 2mm stock.

13. Weapon-X

Weapon-X Empty Pockets

The Endura 4 is my EDC.Its big but its slim.A little smaller than the Mili but you don't even know its in your pocket.

14. Pine Box Parkinson
    • In Omnia Paratus

Pine Box Parkinson Not a N00b

Spyderco Ambitious, Persistance, Delica 4, Tenacious. Good prices, great knives. You could get all of them for $100

15. MOD-u-LAR

MOD-u-LAR Loaded Pockets

I don't like modern/tactical folders. Old school on the other hand does "it" for me; Opinel & Higonokami come to mind as favorites. That being said I've just started exploring my newfound love for time tested blades and make no claims to know it all those two I own and enjoy. And if 100$ is your limit with those two purchased you'd still have 75$ to play with. Which is good, no?

16. Danger: Wildman

Danger: Wildman Loaded Pockets

I did narrow it down, I said I was looking for a cheaper folder so I want to know what people can give as examples from personal experience. Its a thread that people can look at if they are interested in the same thing as well, if you're not then don't post in it...

fmf1854 likes this.
  17. Danger: Wildman

Thanks everyone for all the help, I really appreciate it. Im really contemplating the delica and the endura now.

18. Danger: Wildman

Yes im very skeptical about that, so many people on here have spyderco I feel like I need to try one out.

19. Syclone

Syclone Loaded Pockets

Thumb hole is a love or hate. Some people love it(Me) Some people on here hate it.

Imo opening the blade is SO much easier than a thumbstud. I never owned a Spyderco until I came here. :)

20. Danger: Wildman

Yeah before I came here I did not think much of spyderco but everyone swears by them. I like the endura especially with that grey handle.