1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

I thought I'm flashlight crazy!

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by old dirt, Jan 15, 2011.

1. saataan

saataan Loaded Pockets

thank god i am not flashlight addicted. i only have 7 led lights! and i don't need another one, besides the sunwayman m10r, perhaps the v10r, some good 1x18650 XM-L light, and a varapower 2000.

2. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

Of course you are! You just may be slightly less crazy than some of the rest of us. But don't delude yourself into thinking that you are sane in any way, lest you discover, "You got sone 'splainin' to do!"

3. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

That's correct,tower.

old dirt, using the classic defense mechanism: minimizing, does not work here!

And as I may have already mentioned:

Resistance is futile.

4. old dirt

old dirt Empty Pockets

You hit the nail in the head, tower! "Slightly less crazy"...nice way to say it... I love it.

And as what you said gnarly.."resistance is futile."... you know what guys?

One Novatac 120P on the way. A friend is coming home next month. The baby is already delivered by the mailman in my friend's house in the states. I was afraid it might get lost along the way if mailed directly as we have a unrelaible delivery service. Is there any way you know how to make days roll faster if you're waiting for your 'lights'?

5. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

More cowbell!!!!

Only answer I'm aware of,old dirt,is to simply pick out & order more lights...and a Zero Tolerance knife or two...start a 'yard sale' and sell yer old stuff/upgrade to new...

Hope these suggestions make the days roll for you.

6. old dirt

old dirt Empty Pockets

"Order more lights.." come on, Gnarly,...stop teasing me.. got a light or two i'd been sighting on. I might give in to your suggestions. LOL.
    As to doing a yard sale... nahhh. i have teenage sons who can use the old stuff so they would keep their hands off the new ones.
    I also got some knives and multitools that get used in the mountains and on the trails. But nothing on the ZT caliber. I might get one when the boys graduates from college...or a little earlier if i can't ignore the urge..

7. Mister Scribble

Mister Scribble Loaded Pockets

Hey, Gnarly. Look at it this way. It's your job to buy all the things that some of the rest of us just can't afford right now!

Although if your new toys mean you can't pay the 'Lectricity or the Rent...you gotta join EDC Anonymous.

Constantly looking for new things doesn't let you enjoy what you already have.

But if you can afford it...it's just another form of entertainment.

8. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

Maelstrom S12 should be here by the end of the month.

9. Ghost

Ghost Loaded Pockets

Hahaha... only seven!? Just the start of a very slippery slope mate... :crackup:

10. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

NEWS FLASH: EDCF= Major Budget Deficit!

Mister Scribble,

This is my innocent look. ;D

And you,along with all your peers & cohorts :evilgrin:
    here on this Forum are mostly to blame,for my over-indulgence :agree: on new tools last year.

But the good news is: I'm mostly done with my Upgrades. :'( :sigh: :mad:

And by paying it forward,my sons,brothers & neighbors ended up with some gear that at least is new to them.

You're right,though:If 2011 was gonna be like 2010 was, I'd definitely be running into a cash deficit! :brickwall:

~Gnarly

11. Mister Scribble

Mister Scribble Loaded Pockets

I seriously know what you're talking about. I've stopped buying goodies because I simply can't afford it.

It definitely is addictive.

12. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

13. legoman0721

legoman0721 Loaded Pockets

This place is bad for me. I just got my new EDC light today (Quark MiniX 123 XML Edition) and I'm already trying to scheme a way to afford an S12... It's only a paycheck or two... But then I'd have to get a couple more to justify the shipping costs, and from there it's down the slippery slope! And I only have 3 quality lights now, the new Mini, a blue Preon 2, and a Fenix LD20. I can't be that sick already, can I?

14. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Take it from me: "Sick" is quantative;not just qualitative.

And if you're already contemplating another light ($150 + S&H) and proprietary batteries,just to fit it ($15 each + S&H,IIRC...and you gotta have @ least one spare,fer cryin' out loud...so there's $30+) and it takes a special charger ($27 + S&H,IIRC)....

Sorry,legoman0721;I got lost for a moment there....would you repeat the question?

15. old dirt

old dirt Empty Pockets

Legoman0721, the way I see it... you,re not 'that sick yet'... but you are already showing the symtoms! LOL!

16. keith6

keith6 Loaded Pockets

For me it is flashlights, knives and watches in no particular order but I never seem to get enough

17. timbo

timbo Empty Pockets

I have almost 20 flashlights, the weird thing is I don't even know how it happened, all bit of a blur really.
    Problem is I want more

18. old dirt

old dirt Empty Pockets

Alright, timbo sir. 3 posts and you have 20 flashlights. Imagine if you near 500 posts..you'll have a truck load of lights. I agree with you, everything happens so fast.
    Received my Novatac 120P three weeks ago (post #44) great EDC light. But now I need something to take with me on my trail runs,,especially with crenelated bezel.. the Surefire e2d led Defender in particular.
    When will we ever run out of reasons why we need another light???