1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

I thought I was thinning out my lights

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by plumberroy, Nov 27, 2020.

1. plumberroy

plumberroy Loaded Pockets

Okay I ordered the free Olight and grabbed a single AA battery light while I was at it . So I decided to go through my lights put batteries in them and give them to my wife ,so she could station them around so she always has a light close . Since I have another little rechargeable Olight coming I gave her the first one I received for her purse.
    That leaves my keepers . Fenix E01, R15, PD32 Olight I3E EOS Gerber BG AA LED light (gift) PTEC byte headlight old Gerber single AAA battery headlight . A Coleman 3 AA battery LED lantern that burns forever on a set of batteries, and 2 UCO candle lanterns. Plus the 2 incoming lights :confused: and I could use a high lumens headlight

2. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

Most of us on here have had this problem to be honest. Lol
    I've really got too many lights myself, told myself no more some time ago and I've kind of stuck to it,.... except for picking up a light in Lidl and one at an autojumbo. They are both aimed at being workshop lights though so that's my justification for them,....who am I kidding? I need help too.

3. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

Anyone happen to have been to or know a psychiatrist on here? Just wondering what their take on this issue would be? Is there something unique/primal about the light aspect here or is it just the same as collecting stamps or baseball cards for example??

4. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

For myself I find that the older I get the less well I can see without additional light.
    I pretty much need to carry light with me at all times to make sure that I can function really.

I am not pretending that my "Collecting" is not several levels beyond meeting that need but they are always improving lights and I am always finding ones that meet my needs better too so I keep looking.

It turns out that I now know what I like in general and there are a lot of lonely lights left in the drawer but they are not huring anyone either so I can live with that.

I actually have not bought anything new this entire year......so far.

But I would if I saw the right deal.

parnass and aicolainen like this.
  5. Willy

Willy Loaded Pockets

Have you seen the Nitecore TINI 2? Lockout, short tap for on and a bit more output.

6. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I will not buy any more Nitecore.
    They all turn on in my pocket.

7. plumberroy

I basically just but batteries in the lights in the drawers hopefully the wife will find one if many extras and not need my user lights

8. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

Aye, I'm sure that many folk know what you mean,....the next thing will be a good pocket magnification glass, know of a good one of those? You know that some labels on already small jars of food for example have really tiny ingredients labels, I had no problem reading them but now I sometimes take a picture on my phone to then increase the size of the text on my phone's screen.

9. plumberroy

There are magnification apps available. I have one installed on my phone to inspect small parts at work

Captainkirk likes this.
  10. Captainkirk

Captainkirk Loaded Pockets

I am only 50, but already find myself reaching for my reading glasses perched on top of my head, only to find them already in place...

twin63 and EZDog like this.
  11. Bad Company

Bad Company Loaded Pockets

I've stopped shopping on CandlePowerForums.
    It's emptying my bank account.

EZDog likes this.
  12. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Same here and I have not bought a light since,hmmmmm?

13. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

Thanks, never knew there was such an app or how they work,..do you just move the phone closer or further away like you would with a magnifier?? Is it any easier than just using the camera app??

14. plumberroy

It give you a better quality imagine to start with. Then you can take a picture and enlarged that

earthman likes this.
  15. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

My favorite pocket magnifier is the Carson MagniFlip pocket magnifier. I have bought a few over the years. They are 3x power and sold on Amazon. It is the square shaped one shown below.

[​IMG]

echo victor and earthman like this.