1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

I picked up my new HK VP9.

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Damn_Yankee, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Damn_Yankee

Damn_Yankee Loaded Pockets

I picked up my VP9 last night and spent the evening cleaning it and trying out different grip combo's. I settled on the small backstrap and medium side panels. It's really cool that HK has this grip setup on the VP9. It allows the user to customize the grip to your individual needs. I hope to shoot it this week but I have been pretty busy. If it shoots as well as it feels, I will be very pleased.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4

Stinson12, Jaysop, Domain and 6 others like this.
  2. A144
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

A144 Loaded Pockets

Very nice! Congrats on the new gun.

I haven't gotten to handle one, but I've heard the trigger is up there with the PPQ's. Let us know how it shoots once you get it to the range.

3. Damn_Yankee

I'd say the take up and reset are on par with the PPQ. The trigger does not "feel" As light as the PPQ's that I have handled.

4. sarge1967

sarge1967 Loaded Pockets

I have heard great things about these pistols. Larry Vickers speaks highly of them. Congrats on the new pistol!

5. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

I have yet to hear anything negative about this pistol. With adjustable backstraps and grips, it offers something for everyone. Can't wait to shoot one. My fear is that I'll like it more than my CZ75B.

6. CDKJudoka

CDKJudoka Loaded Pockets

The only negative I have about the VP9s is the aesthetics. I think it is just hideous. That being said, it is one of the best shooting and feeling guns I have had the pleasure of firing. The function of this totally trumps the form for me. Congrats on the purchase.

Bowman1911 likes this.
  7. Damn_Yankee

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think the VP9 is sexy as hell.

CDKJudoka likes this.
  8. CDKJudoka

CDKJudoka Loaded Pockets

In the same way I think the XDM or Sig P series is sexy. And the XDM is SOOOO not sexy.

Damn_Yankee likes this.
  9. Civilian

Civilian Loaded Pockets

Congrats on the new acquisition! I hear great things about the VP9.

10. Domain

Domain Loaded Pockets

This is one of the few new to the market guns that has interested me in the last 4 years. My only complaint is the "Charging Support" pieces on the sides by the rear sight for slide manipulation. I'm just not a fan. Also 70$ magazines are a joke. However, this is the affordable striker HK gun that we have all wanted. I really want one in the future.

11. Damn_Yankee

The charging handles can be removed. I think someone is actually making flush fillers for the opening too. The mags will eventually be more plentiful and prices will come down. Btw, I have never seen mags at $70 but I wouldn't doubt it.

12. Jaysop

Jaysop Loaded Pockets

I own one as well. Absolutely LOVE the gun. Coming from M&Ps and Glocks this thing is a whole step above.
    the only thing I don't like are the mags and that theyr'e only 15 round. For the size I'd like 17 but what ever. Also the cost of Mags is a bummer. Something like $45 a piece... OUCH

13. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

I've had my VP9 for a few months now, and I love it.

I take forever to drop the hammer on big purchases, and after months of research and agonized comparisons, I decided the VP9 was on the short list. While eyeing up the mid-sized and full-sized 9mm pistols at my LGS, I decided that it would come down to either the Glock 19 or the VP9. I love Glock pistols for their simplicity, but can't stand the way they feel in my hand. After handling the G19, the VP9 felt like it grew out of my hand. I was sold that instant.

I've got less than 500 rounds through mine so far, and the only bobble it's had was user-induced (my buddy tried to ease the slide forward while chambering a round, and the round got hung up on the feed-ramp). It's a heck of a shooter, and I absolutely love the trigger. Since it's ambidextrous, I'm learning to shoot it ambidextrously. So far, I'm able to perform reloads with either hand, and have become used to switching from right-eye to left-eye during transitions from strong-side to support-side. My ultimate goal is to have no "strong side" or "dominant eye" when it comes to firearms. This is challenging, but incredibly fun. I cannot describe the thrill I experienced the first time I picked up my VP9 with my left hand, safety-checked it, then immediately put the sights on my selected target without having to think about it. Bilateral symmetry is a wonderful thing, isn't it? :)

I fiddled with grip combinations for an entire day before settling on the small backstrap and large side panels; it gives me the proper length of pull while eliminating dead air in my grip. The thing points like an 11th finger for me now, and all I want to do to it is give it a good belt/holster combo for carry, swap out the sights, and get a light for nightstand duty.

I absolutely love my H&K, and won't part with it for anything. I hope they introduce a compact model soon (like the new P30SK), as well as a single-stack version to compete with Glock's long-overdue G43. I also hope the supply of P30 mags and aftermarket sights picks up the pace, because I need more magazines and a new sight setup. Like, yesterday.

CDKJudoka, Focus and moostapha like this.