1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

I need help finding an auto for a big wrist

Discussion in 'Watches' started by landwire, Oct 24, 2018.

1. landwire
    • In Omnia Paratus

landwire Loaded Pockets

I need a recommendation for an auto for someone with a big wrist. I like to wear my watches as a bracelet. I like it slightly loose, but not enough to spin freely if you well. With that said, I don't care for nylon/rubber straps of any kind. I do have a G-Shock, but that an exception because it fits somewhat nicely.

If I'm measuring from the wrong spot, let me know but from around the wrist bone, I get 8.5". I've been leaning towards a Seiko Monster, but is open for suggestions. This would be primary a daily wear. While it would be well taken care of, by no means will it be babied. I'm in IT so I sit at computers/servers for the most part but love the waters/outdoors.

2. dan.05

dan.05 Loaded Pockets

If you have the cash, what about one of these?[​IMG] just don’t get the one with the ETA movement. Rolex make the movement in-house for the 2nd gen black bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. GoBlueCO1

GoBlueCO1 Loaded Pockets

I’m in the same boat you are in that my wrist is 8”+ too. You’ll want to find a watch that’s 45mm+ with preference leaning towards 47mm+ unless it has larger lug width. The Tuna’s are excellent watches but wear extremely small due to the small lug width. I’m assuming since you’re looking at an automatic Tuna your budget has got to be decent too. Here are a few suggestions with a wide range in price.

* Oris Prodiver Chronograph (51mm) (M: 01 674 7630 7154-Set)
    * Oris Pro Diver Force Recon GMT Black (49mm) (M: 01 747 7715 7754-Set
    * Breitling Navitimer 01 (46mm)
    * U Boat Flight Deck (UB6120)
    * Maranez Bangla 47 Titanium Vertical Brush Gray California
    * Maranez Bangla 47 Brass Ceramic Black California
    * Panerai PAM372 1950 47MM LUMINOR P3000
    * Omega Planet Ocean Chronograph 600M Co-Axial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Morningtundra

Morningtundra Empty Pockets

Willing to go vintage chronograph?

Omega Speedmaster (42mm). Tudor Big Block (40mm). Good bracelets. Robust enough for daily wear. Big wrist presence and collector cred. Rarely seen in the wild let alone the data center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. stockae92

stockae92 Loaded Pockets

Price range? Finding a big watch with auto movement is easy, but you have to narrow down your criteria.

I found Seiko Stargate to wear bigger than the number would suggest because of the raised "tabs" on the bezel.

Seiko Turtle is 44mm and works on both small and big wrist.

Marathon CSAR would be a nice chronograph choice.

And then you can find Seiko Empire Tuna with 8L35 movement. Those are huge without long lugs.

And then there are Breitling Seawolf, Super Avenger Chrono, etc, those are all big watch for big wrist.

Going even higher would be IWC big pilot. Omega 44.25mm Speedmaster in SS or ceramic, Rolex Explorer II 42mm, DSSD 43mm fits big wrist well too.

6. sierra11b

sierra11b Loaded Pockets

Budget will help a lot as would if you're willing to go used. Water resistance >/=100m, chrono or not?

I have the 7.5" wrists and the new 43.5mm PO and 3570.50 Speedy which look great on my friend's 8.75" wrist. He has to micro-adjust all the way out and use the dive extension with it adjusted to my wrist with the PO, but it totally works. He owns an Apollo 15 Speedy for what it's worth.

I'd recommended the 45mm PO with 2500D movement. Prices seem to be in the <$3000 depending on condition, and it's the one to have. There are, of course, many others but answering my first questions would help.

The new Seiko Samurai's are a great choice if you want to keep it <$500. Believe you can get free links from Seiko USA with proof of purchase if the OEM number of links doesn't work