1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

I need an iwb holster

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by rickboone, Aug 20, 2013.

1. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

If you're looking for something made of leather, I like UBG Holsters. I have two of his Striker IWB models and they are incredibly comfortable. http://www.ubgholsters.com/iwb.htm. He doesn't have a big variety in holsters, but what he does make are very good. The two models of IWB there are identical, just whether or not you want clips or snap loops (I know the pics look different, but that's because the guns are).

2. In_The_Pitt

In_The_Pitt Loaded Pockets

Which gun are you you wanting to carry, the LCP or the 9mm? Exactly what S&W 9mm are you carrying? I second High Noon, Tagua and especially Elmer McEvoy's Leather Arsenal.

3. Nkelly226

Nkelly226 Loaded Pockets

Gcode x HSP incog if they make it for your firearm my favorite holster hands down

4. Curse The Sky

Curse The Sky Loaded Pockets

Another vote for Shepherd Leather. I have two of their holsters and both have been excellent for the price-point. They make Crossbreed clones that only cost around $35 + shipping, and they usually ship out within a few days. Best of all, they're listed on Amazon.

5. stormbringerr

stormbringerr Empty Pockets

try looking at a holster site called alien gear good products ,not pricy.kydex holster w/leather sweat shield

Last edited by stormbringerr, Aug 27, 2013
  6. zeke4351

zeke4351 Loaded Pockets

Garrett Industries Silent Thunder is what I have found. Leather lined kydex is where it's at.

7. zeke4351

zeke4351 Loaded Pockets

8. zeke4351

zeke4351 Loaded Pockets

9. PhrankKastle

PhrankKastle Loaded Pockets

+1 for the Crossbreed Supertuck or Galco Kingtuk if you want a leather kydex I think they're the best. Crossbreed is the standard but you'll wait, whereas you can probably find the Galco in stock at some dealers online

10. SargeAF

SargeAF Loaded Pockets

I carry my LCP as a backup now in a wallet holster. When I carried it as primary I used a Kydex IWB holster made by Aholster.com. It's called the Pwii holster. It is actually a very good little holster...retention is adjustable with a chicago screw and the draw is excellent. It comes with a closed belt loop and a belt clip. I opted for the belt clip to make it easy on, easy off. They make it for the LCP with or without CT laser. Here are a few pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sarge

SAKplumber likes this.
  11. Zebulon

Zebulon Loaded Pockets

I use an MTAC Minotaur for my Beretta PX4 type F, and I really like it. Very comfortable and customizable, and it distributes the weight very well.

Sent from my Transformer Prime using Tapatalk 4

12. cpark_12

cpark_12 Loaded Pockets

I've had some crossbreads and a comp-tac. I now have an alien gear holster, and for the money, it's great! Just a thought

13. Bryce357

Bryce357 Loaded Pockets

For IWB, look up foxx holsters on Ebay. Had one for my Sig pro 2022 (fairly large pistol) and it was really comfortable and concealed really well. They have a good selection and are only $40 bucks for just about all models, lots of selection too

14. KnightBanshee

KnightBanshee Loaded Pockets

IWB I like Comp-Tac minotaur, OWB Raven Concealment. However, I've been looking into the G-code incog holster.

15. nick nitro

nick nitro Loaded Pockets

Some thoughts from years of carrying pistols professionally here and abroad. Inside Waistband Carry. Explore this completely before deciding on it because of the unique problems it creates. It also has positives as well but it needs thoughtful understanding and clear mission requirements.

IWB carry holsters should be made of kydex or heavy horsehide material that will not collapse when the weapon is drawn. Remember that if you draw it, you need to be able to reholster without using two hands to reopen the holster or having to "look the weapon" back in the holster. If you have it out your attention is probably needed down range and not at your own waistband. This is why soft nylon holsters are junk. The other major consideration is pants size. Since you need a stiff holster that will not collapse your pants need to me a couple of inches bigger in the waist than normal to accommodate the holster. You will be miserable trying to use this carry method with a pair of normal fitting jeans. Fidgeting and adjusting all day just brings attention to yourself. This means your entire wardrobe need to be adjusted larger for the holster. And when your not carrying, all those pants are now to large.

Another major consideration for IWB carry is positioning. They do not ride well directly on the hip like belt holsters. They fit better rotated slighted behind the hip bone. This is not a huge problem just something to be aware of when drawing and reholstering, it is a longer reach.

Another major consideration is the belt attachment. It has been shown time and again that the body tenses and shrinks during high stress, fight or flight situations. IWB holsters need to be securely attached to a belt. If you can imagine yourself in a high stress situation with reduced fine motor skills, tensed body, and trying to pull a pistol out of a holster at a bad angle under stress, and the entire rig is pulled out. Those spring clips seen frequently are probably on there as a cost measure and the folks making the decision never had to fight over their gun against a determined bad guy. The design of those is more for the rig not falling down your pants leg than anything.

You will likely end up with a draw full of holsters for different situations. Please unload your pistol and make several practice draws with whatever holster you chose for the day. Remember to reload before you leave and have confidence you are not going to be a victim that day or any other.

TARFU and Zebulon like this.
  16. trickcarey

trickcarey EDC Junkie!!!!!

I just got a a Foxx holster hybrid leather/kydex and it's been good for the couple days I've had it. I havent noticed wearing it, the weight is evenly distributed so I don't even notice its there.

17. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

I suppose I'm just spoiled, but I have yet to find an IWB holster better than my Milt Sparks VersaMax II. It carries my Sig P229, which is quite "blocky", very well concealed and very comfortably. It's more expensive than any of the holsters heretofore mentioned except for the High Noon. The wait is the bad thing about Sparks holsters as it can take months. The Remora holsters are amazing, especially for the money. I have one for my EAA Witness Elite Match, another quite large auto, and it does very well but it makes me nervous in having no clip or loop attachment. If you can go OWB, the DeSantis Speed Scabbard is built very well and fairly economically, conceals very well, even for pistols as large as my P229 or P226 which is even larger. I have a Crossbreed Super Tuck and a N82 Pro and the VM II beats them hands down for me.

18. Silverj53

Silverj53 Loaded Pockets

I wear DM Bullard leather holsters, they are by far the best I have found.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

19. xGaspy

xGaspy Loaded Pockets

I've been using a Crossbreed Supertuck for a few years and when you find that perfect spot, it feels great. I recently purchased a Bravo Concealment RTT holster but I'm still waiting to take delivery for that. There are tons of really great holster makers out there right now, just be ready to wait & spend a little extra for the quality.

20. rickboone

rickboone Loaded Pockets

I've looked and looked. Going with the alien gear holsters.