1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

I need a small neck knife.

Discussion in 'Knives' started by LumberJack, Apr 17, 2010.

1. frolloconcept

frolloconcept Empty Pockets

it will cost you a little bit more but the spyderco SPOT was my choice for several years.....Quit a good short blade!!!

2. sveqs

sveqs Loaded Pockets

From what I have seen on youtube that is a really small knife, yet it seems practical for a number of chores. What is your experience? How about the AG Russell Woodswalker?

3. NeonLights

NeonLights Loaded Pockets

Yes, pretty small, a bit more useful and practical than the Buck Hartsook I have, but still little larger then the diminutive little Buck. It comes very sharp and has a neat sheath/retention system that is very secure. I almost forgot about the AG Russell Woodswalker as a neck knife, I have one, but have the leather back pocket sheath for it. For a knife that was going to see lots of use, and needed to be very comfortable in the hand, I'd go with the Woodswalker. It is a little larger overall than the others, but the larger, longer handle makes it more comfortable for heavy use. The blade on the Woodswalker is only 1/8" longer than the Hunter Scalpel, but the handle is thicker, and is true four-finger knife for me, whereas I can only get three fingers on the handle of the Hunter Scalpel, and two fingers on the Hartsook.

4. mtwarden

mtwarden Loaded Pockets

I'd say in that price range either the AG Russells would be good bets (I like the scalpel a little more)- as mentioned they look a little more "harmless" then some of the other small neckers

if you were to save your pennies and spend a little more- say $60-ish, it opens a lot more options for some very nice little knives

5. JT

JT Loaded Pockets

Hartsook is a good choice, although I woudn't carry any knife hanging from my neck. I carried my Hartsook in the mobile phone's pouch along with the phone.

6. swlman

swlman Empty Pockets

Have a Smidgeon and a Hartsook. Can recommend them both. Replaced chain with cord and use carabineer they came with for something else. One is usually around my neck and sometimes under my shirt and tie.

7. Clancy

Clancy Loaded Pockets

Yeah, they seem like great knives, lots of raving about them at bladeforums. The Becker necker is up there as well.

8. Dozer

Dozer Loaded Pockets

Here is a comparison shot of the CRKT Minimalist with a spyderco ladybug hawk. I really like mine. Light and small.
    [​IMG]

9. J.Miracle

J.Miracle Empty Pockets

I just went to a gun show last week and let me tell you.. the ka-bar is super super super...small. way too small for my taste. +1 on the crkt minimalist, a friend has it and i like it alot.

10. daundu

daundu Empty Pockets

I carry a Spyderco Ladybug 3 on a paracord lanyard around my neck. Works fine.

11. jtice

jtice Loaded Pockets

I love my Izula with custom small kydex sheath for neck carry.
    I dont even notice its on me at camp, till I need it!

~John

12. kaotick

kaotick BST/Marketplace ban

esee/rat izula is a very good knife. you can put some cordage on there as well

13. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Boker Plus VoxKnives Gnome Neck Knife 2-1/8" Blade, Green Canvas Micarta Handles
    Includes a Kydex sheath. Blade length: 2 1/8". Overall length: 4". Weight: 2 oz.

Would that work for you?

Google shopping puts it at $16-$26
    http://snipurl.com/1e456w

ATB,
    Sam

14. sveqs

sveqs Loaded Pockets

I visited my local store today (no purchase just drooooooling) and handled my old darling Minimalist from CRKT and was yet again amazed at how firm a grip I could get on it

I also tried out the Boker Grasshopper, and wow, surprisingly good ergos for a diminutive knife ...and then I went on and on and on :drool: :drool: :drool: :brickwall:

Being out of job is not a nice experience :'(