1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

I need a new multitool.

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by wanderer16, May 4, 2019.

1. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

I hadn’t seen a Wave+ with a cap crimper before!

wanderer16 likes this.
  2. wanderer16

wanderer16 Loaded Pockets

I don’t even know what a cap crimper is. I googled it and it says it’s for crimping blasting caps??? I don’t see me ever using that. Lol. I hate explosions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaosmagnet likes this.
  3. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

They can also be used to crimp non-explodey electrical connections.

Moshe ben David and wanderer16 like this.
  4. wanderer16

Ha, electricity one of the other things that I am scared of, Lol Things that can explode, electricity and heights. Needless to say I won't be crimping electrical blasting caps on top of any buildings, Lol

5. Rebel

Rebel Loaded Pockets

I have (had) a few made in America micras. One of them was confiscated by the pre-TSA bastards. I have an older, original Leatherman. It's great but pinches your hand badly. I got an OHT a few years ago and I love it. But I cannot live with just one multitool because I want both needle-nose and big-:censored: plier jaws. So I also carry a Gerber 600 blunt-nose with the carbide cutters. With these two tools you have something that can get most small/medium jobs done. Neither of them has thousands of tools but I prefer these two because they're tough and have the basic tools you need from day to day.

6. HappyGilmore

HappyGilmore Loaded Pockets

I think the wave was a great choice. Especially when going from bargain bin to lifetime reliable.

ox71, wanderer16 and chaosmagnet like this.
  7. wanderer16

I got to use the wave a couple of days ago helping install some porch lights. all the tools I used worked well and it was comfortable to use. Felt solid. Really like the wave. The one hand opening on the blades is a good feature.

8. Elmiro Dungfoot

Elmiro Dungfoot Loaded Pockets

Glad you found what suited you wanderer. I've been toting mine for about six months, and it rocks!

[​IMG]

wanderer16 likes this.
  9. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

Funny. Or maybe it´s quite normal, but I got a Super tool from my parents as well. It must have been the christmas of 1996. My favorite gift that year for sure.
    In the summer of 2000 I got a Leatherman wave as a bithday gift (not from my parents this time). I´m not sure if I still had my ST at that time, but it was lost around that time. For my use, the wave was a noticable improvement so I never cried over the lost ST.
    I still have that Wave. These days it lives mostly in my range bag, which means it still sees very regular use. And it´s still as good as new. Well maybe the wire cutter isn´t quite as sharp and pristine as it ones was, but even that one still works like a charm.
    Later on I have also aquired some Leathermans through work. I´m on my second Skeletool CX which was my primary work MT for many years. After a while I added a LM Crunch as my secondary MT. Not as many tools on that one either, but that plier on the crunch is pure magic when you need it.
    As I moved to an office position I added the Squirt ES4 (which incidentally is in my pocket right now, and has been my only EDC knife for the last two weeks).
    Now, almost 23 years after I got my ST, I kind of miss it. Not because I need it, but as time went by it has become part of a bigger picture. When I lost it, I didn´t know how much I would depend on LMs in all aspects of my life (work, military, SAR, outdoor/hiking and EDC), so for sentimental reasons I would be very happy if it some how surfaced again, but I think the chance of that happening is beyond slim.

As I type this, I realize that I have never paid for any of my LMs. So it might not hold any significant value when I say I would liekly not buy anything else. There might be other MTs out there that are as good or better, but my experience with LM is so positive that I have never been tempted to try anything else.

10. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

A lot of boring text in my previous post, so maybe a family picture could make things more interesting.
    As I was walking around the house to collect them from their respective storage, I remembered I actually have one more LM. It´s stamped / roll marked "Leatherman SideClip". This one I did technically buy myself, but without knowing so. I found it in the glove compartment of a used car I bought in 2004. It´s not the greatest thing LM ever made, but it lives in the kitchen drawer and does a good job of providing the tools that are occasionally reqired in that area of the house.
    In order of appearance, from left to right:
    [​IMG]

11. ox71

ox71 Loaded Pockets

Before I made the hike out to Lebaron sports(now closed) to buy my first and so far only Leatherman Wave for my birthday in 2012, I had a Gerber Carolina and an mp400.
    shortly after implementing the wave in my work tool kit I decided to give my other multis away, they just could not keep up and I had zero time for them.
    I hope the new wave serves you well for years to come Wanderer.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk