1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

I need a new hobby, suggest me some.

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by epicelite, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister Scribble

Mister Scribble Loaded Pockets

Work on improving your health. Make health your hobby. Choose a form of exercise that is easy on the body (like power walking),
    read about different diets, healthy foods, juicing, and nutrition. Look into safe weight training (you don't need a gym).

Look into Tai Chi or Qigong. They are gentle and will give you more balance and energy.

Think about this: How healthy do you want to be?

2. epicelite

epicelite Loaded Pockets

I have too short of an attention span for exercise, but I do go jogging with my Dad sometimes so its already covered.

3. jda

jda Loaded Pockets

guns guns guns

a ruger 10/22 is ,in most places, $200 out the door.
    a brick of .22lr is $20 to $30
    ear and eye pro are $25 total

you are looking at $200 for a gun that will last a life time.

4. epicelite

epicelite Loaded Pockets

5. Red Horn

Red Horn Loaded Pockets

You can get a good one for around $200 and if you actually use it fairly often the coins you will find will pay for it.

Garrett Ace 250 / 350 and Tesoro Compadre / Silver readily come to mind.

6. Firedrow

Firedrow Loaded Pockets

+1 for Geocaching. No cost if you already own a GPS, or have a GPS on your phone. Make a free account on geocaching.com, and install C:Geo if you have an android phone. If you don't have a GPS, a Garmin eTrex H costs $98. I prefer my eTrex to my HTC Hero.

What about Parkour? Don't know your physical fitness level, but it looks fun. Or you can do Freerunning if you prefer more showboating.

7. epicelite

epicelite Loaded Pockets

I have a Magellan GPS that's meant for vehicle navigation, would that work?

8. bobbyc

bobbyc Loaded Pockets

A new crop of so-called "hobbies" for you to try:

Mimicry (start with Nixon to build confidence, then move on to Christopher Walken)
    Whistling (Tales from the Vienna Woods is a real girl-pleaser and dog-attractor)
    Levitation (takes practice, be patient)
    One-handed cuts of decks of cards (start with the twirl cut)
    Memorizing Monty Python sketches (start with the Spam sketch)
    Acting like a Spanish Bandit (practice on these two)

More?

9. JDW1461

JDW1461 Empty Pockets

http://www.uspsa.org/ A hobby that has some practical application aspects.

As Lieutenant Colonel Dave Grossman says "**** golf".

10. Mister Scribble

11. Mister Scribble

Well, you want new hobbies. Let's get practical.

What do you enjoy doing? What makes you so engrossed that you forget the passage of time? (Caution, this is a family friendly board.)

12. bobbyc

bobbyc Loaded Pockets

I've got the perfect hobby - sleeping. He can invest in some good high-threadcount sheets, a decent pillow, a fresh mattress. . .actually, that's starting to get expensive. But really - sleep is engrossing, free, you get time to do it every day, and you forget the passage of time while you're doing it.

13. Firedrow

Firedrow Loaded Pockets

It might, you would have to go through the settings. I know some automotive GPS's have walking features. You would have to look at yours to find out. I know my Garmin nuvi doesn't, but my brothers newer nuvi does.

14. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Erm.... how bout a girl? Finding a cheap on is quite hard but possibilities are endless.... You can go visit cities, go to movies, camping is also fun for a while, visit a club every now and then, hit the beach, take one of those organised trips to make fun of al the tourists (making fun of people is a great sub-hobby anyways) or have her try on everything in a lingerie store and give all the combo's ratings (bring score-boards 1-10). This has been one of my hobbies for quite a while now but i think i'm doing something wrong because for me its mighty expensive!!

15. tonester

tonester Loaded Pockets

i think running is a fun and healthy hobby. also cheap, all you need is a good pair of running shoes. and of course you get to get in shape and lose some weight, i went from 240lbs to 165lbs, of course i was dieting too.

16. lchoke

lchoke Empty Pockets

I havent read all the posts other then the OP but Im gonna list some of my hobbies not all are super cheap but they can be if you look around.
    -Guitar (Drums, Bass, Mandoline, Banjo, Ukulele, What ever just play an instrument nothing is more rewarding.)
    -Cigars (Nothing is better to relax with then a nice Stogie)
    -Video games (I recommend sports games whatever ones you like)
    -Work out (Staying healthy is good)
    -Garden (gotta love fresh veggies)
    Thats all I got for now. I may add more later I do lots of things lol. Hope I helped

17. MM2000

MM2000 Empty Pockets

I started Geocaching a little over 4 months ago and have found it to be a lot of fun. I started off with my iPhone but bought a Garmin etrek to use along side of it. After 152 little 'adventures' I can say that I have seen many new and interesting places, learned new things about places that I thought I knew well, and have spent little more than gas money. In fact most of the time I use my bike and use no gas at all. I would suggest going to geocaching.com, setting up a free membership, searching for nearby caches and using one of the online map options on the cache page. If with a satellite view you can get some detail you could walk right up to the cache location for free and if you can make the find maybe invest $100 for a cheap GPSr and keep it up. If you have a smartphone you may already have all you need.

18. firemedic183

firemedic183 Loaded Pockets

I live in Georgia as well!!! There is some great hiking around Helen, Ga. With that said, I have recently started making things with Paracord, and that has been enjoyable for me. + 1 to the photography idea, but the equipment can get REALLY expensive. Where in Georgia do you live?

19. epicelite

epicelite Loaded Pockets

Gwinnett county area.
    Lawrenceville to be more precise.

20. rdrogers

rdrogers Loaded Pockets

You are very close to some good fly fishing waters. I enjoy it. Give it a try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.