1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

I need a LED flashlight that runs on AA batteries

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by barracuda, Jan 26, 2010.

1. barracuda

barracuda Empty Pockets

I need a powerful LED flashlight that runs off AA batteries. A little help please :)

2. Simsmac0o

Simsmac0o Loaded Pockets

3. barracuda

barracuda Empty Pockets

Thanks :) Any other brands out there? Preferably 2 AA lights for better grip and longer runtime

4. tonester

tonester Loaded Pockets

yup just like Simsmac0o said, the maratac AA is an amazing little light for the price. maratac has another AA light called the 9290 AA Tactical Flashlight, its a little bigger but it has a thumb push button on the end and it gets super bright. it gets pretty good run time. check it out, countycomm also sells this light.

5. tonester

tonester Loaded Pockets

6. PeaceOfMind

PeaceOfMind Loaded Pockets

The 4Sevens Quark AA or 2 x AA lights are fantastic value, well-made, come with an excellent warranty and use the latest and greatest (most efficient) LED's available.

Check out the offerings at 4Sevens.com, there's a lot of good choices there.

7. ObiHann

ObiHann Loaded Pockets

NiteCore D20 R2 is a AMAZING 2xAA light. Fenix makes some popular ones, also check out EagleTac. Those are the brands I would go to...

8. texassrferdude

texassrferdude Empty Pockets

The fenix L2d has 6 output levels and is only around 50$. I just bought a single AA fenix and couldnt be happier.
    http://www.amazon.com/Fenix-L2D-Level-Performance-Flashlight/dp/B001GAOOG4/ref=pd_sim_sg_6

From what I've picked up around here and over on candle power forums, rechargeable sanyo eneloop batteries are the way to go for an edc light.

Are you looking for a light with a twisty or a clicky switch? That information might help with the recommendations.

9. barracuda

barracuda Empty Pockets

clicky switch - click on click off - none of that holding the button depressed crap :)

10. texassrferdude

texassrferdude Empty Pockets

The fenix I suggested has a recessed tail clicky so that it is still capable of tail standing, but I'm assuming that its similar to my single AA where you are required to twist the head down a little more to get the turbo and strobe modes. I actually prefer having the turbo and strobe modes separate from the low-medium-high-sos that way it is less to cycle through.

11. landwire
    • In Omnia Paratus

landwire Loaded Pockets

+1 for 4Sevens.

12. rhkirk1

rhkirk1 Empty Pockets

I carry the Inova x1. It is not that bright, but it is well made and carries great.

13. lotsofstufftogo

lotsofstufftogo Loaded Pockets

I just ordered a Fenix LD20 which I think is one of the brightest 2xAA around, I may be wrong though.

14. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

I have the Fenix TK20 as my working x2 AA light.

1. Two modes with a bezel twist
    2. Warm light
    3. clicky, although "tap" works as well
    4. $52, give or take
    5. 1.5 hours on high/ 9 hours on low (approximately)

I'm happy with it - although I may end up getting a x2 AA MiniMag and throwing in a LED upgrade as a beater light.

-Trevor

15. brianch

brianch Empty Pockets

Choose your weapon. These are the latest + BEST 2 x AA lights on the production market right now.

-NiteCore D20
    -JETBeam Jet-I Pro EX - V2
    -EagleTac P20A2
    -Fenix LD20
    -47s Quark AA2
    -Wait 100 years for the SureFire 2xAA E-Series flashlight to hit the market. It's been announced but no ETA

I would go for either the JETBeam or EagleTac personally. I have owned all of these lights in the past when I was on the search for the best 2XAA light.

If you choose these make sure you use quality rechargable NIMH AA batteries (eneloops). Avoid Alkalines unless its an emergency.

16. DonShock

DonShock Loaded Pockets

I'll throw in another vote for the Quark AA2 from 4Sevens. I got one for my niece this past christmas since I needed something for her that used standard alkaline cells. Of course I had to try it out once I recieved it from 4Sevens but before I wrapped it. Very impressive output in a nice compact size. I have been thinking of ordering another one for myself even though I have lots of others already, mostly modified MagD lights.

17. jsmitty1967
    • In Omnia Paratus

jsmitty1967 Go Big Blue

I will throw a vote to the D20. I love the UI and the piston drive. Quarks are good lights as well. They are hard to beat for the money considering they are coming with R5's.