1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

I need a duffle bag! Anyone have recommendations?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by greymethod, Nov 4, 2009.

1. greymethod

greymethod Loaded Pockets

So I need a mid-sized duffle bag for some trips I have coming up. I searched the forum and came upon these:

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___88375

They look pretty nice. Anyone have experience/opinions?

Does anyone have any other ideas for me?

2. greymethod

40 views and no comments? Bump!

3. Flight-ER-Doc

Flight-ER-Doc Loaded Pockets

Nice but expensive. Why not a simple Outdoor Research? Or if you want some style, LLBean duffels are pretty good

4. J4C3

J4C3 Guest

I think maybe people havent responded due to having no experience with one mate,Havent had one or seen one close up sorry but these look similar if you wish too price compere(sorry dont have a USA link for them) but at least with the product name,you maybe able to run a search hope this is some help
    http://www.ee33.co.uk/dkak7u2285653/Storage--Bags-and-Cases/Snugpak/Snugpak-Kit-Monster/p-124-305-1043/
    http://www.ee33.co.uk/dkak7u2285653/Storage--Bags-and-Cases/Gerber-Bags/Gerber-Big-Mama-Sportsmans-Bag/p-124-167-531/

5. RFA3

RFA3 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG][​IMG]
    these bags are bombproof, i own 3 and they are built to last , worth the money.
    www.badbags.com

6. greymethod

Hmmmm I like this BAD brand... which ones do you have?

7. RFA3

RFA3 Loaded Pockets

on the BAD Bags i have a 1.5 size duffle, #5 size duffle, and a rolling duffle.i bought the rolling duffle for my honeymoon and it worked great. i also used it for a summer trip and liked it even better afterward. I am a working artist and what is great about the large rolling duffle is that it has a seperate zippered compartment below where i stowed all my art supplies, paint , easel , canvas ect seperate from my clothes.
    i had owned a 511 tac. outbound bag but the thing was huge and it cost me extra at the airport for being to heavey and to large.
    the regular duffles hold a large load and balance well.these bags will look better with age and they will last a long time.YKK ZIPS heavy buckles and strong cordura.happy trails!!

8. greymethod

I like the #4 and #3 but I feel like the 3 is too small? Would the #4 be too large to be a carry on?

9. greymethod

And what's a good place to buy one of these from?

10. greymethod

11. chute43

chute43 Loaded Pockets

Sorry to come in a little late but years ago their expedition luggage as that one were good, I know north face has been bought and sold a fair amount over the past ten years. And at that time they kind of had the standard on climbing and skiing expedition luggage.

I would shop around for a good price , their stuff is on sale often.

This is similar stuff, as far as I know this guy was making that style of expedition luggae before the north face was, his stuff is plain so no fancy colors but I have owned one for over ten years and it went on many climbing and skiing trips and I used to drag it through the airports.

click on expedition luggage- plus his stuff is US made , made in bishop california last time I checked.
    http://www.fishproducts.com/catalog/productlinefs.html

good luck
    kary

12. greymethod

Thanks bro... I'm really liking these BAD bags. I think I'm going to order one but I have to figure out where to get it from.

13. greymethod

OK so it's either the BAD #3 or the North Face Basecamp small. Anyone have opinions?

14. greymethod

15. eholland

eholland Loaded Pockets

Also sorry to come in late. It's not been mentioned yet but Maxpedition Duffles are AWESOME! :roof: My full-time job is in law enforcement however my part-time job, firefighter/EMT, requires 24hr. shifts on the weekends and I needed a good duffel to carry everything needed for the day. I bought the Imperial Load Out Duffel Maxpedition Imperial which maxpedition calls Medium; I call it Large and built like a tank. I can see fitting a weeks worth of clothing, toiletries, a pair of hiking boots, gym shoes and still have some room to spare. What's also nice about the bag is that there are adjustable straps with side release buckles over the top course of the bag to cinch the bag, creating a smaller profile, for smaller loads. I originally purchased this bag to carry back and forth to the firehouse but have already found it will also replace two pieces of luggage I currently use for out of town, week long trips. Here is also a good youtube review of the Imperial. Youtube Maxpedition Imperial Duffel

16. Claren

Claren Loaded Pockets

17. ryball

ryball Empty Pockets

I have two different sizes of the Mountainsmith Travel Trunks with the add-on backpack straps. I have dragged them to hell and back and they have taken it all. They are 1000d bombproof. One suggestion I have is that you get something with wheels or the ability to add backpack straps.

18. Jambo

Jambo Loaded Pockets

19. eholland

eholland Loaded Pockets

Hey, that one from Tactical Tailor looks pretty nice. I like the straps that go around the entire bag. I see that it is a bit pricier than the Maxpedition Imperial Duffel. Is it worth the extra money and are the materials at the same standard? Could someone provide pics comparing this to the TT bag to the Imperial? Thanks guys, great links.

20. bltkmt

bltkmt Loaded Pockets

What did you end up getting? I am looking at the BAD #3 as well, and would like to hear from someone that owns it.