1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

I need a bit holder

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by chevyscrounger, Nov 9, 2022.

1. chevyscrounger

chevyscrounger Loaded Pockets

I'm looking for a ink pen sized tube with a pen style clip that'll hold a few screwdriver bits. Does anyone know of anything like that?

2. Hi-up Lineman
    • In Omnia Paratus

Hi-up Lineman Loaded Pockets

CRKT has the pocket driver stash tool. Looks like a flashlight.

WIHA makes a micro bit holder

3. Hi-up Lineman
    • In Omnia Paratus

Hi-up Lineman Loaded Pockets

4. epithetless

epithetless Empty Pockets

Yes! CRKT's Pocket Driver Stash Tool is a great option for what chevyscrounger described. That the pocket clip can be popped off to expose a bit holder is also a bonus.

Also, if a full-fledged pen driver is an option, CountyComm makes a pen-sized titanium bit driver with a pocket clip and internal storage for up to three bits (plus room for a fourth bit at the tip).

Last edited by epithetless, Nov 10, 2022
    #5 epithetless, Nov 10, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
    loneslinger likes this.
  5. chevyscrounger

Well, the deal is I ordered a sheath from tail of knives that has a pen slot. I dont think ill carry a pen. Id rather have a couple bit drivers to use with my crunch.
    Apparently i had found the countycomm bit driver before at one time and had it in my cart there,but they were out of stock. Looks like they are back in stock and i think that may be the direction I go..
    I think they crkt would fill the bill also.
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Hi-up Lineman likes this.
  6. gdwtvb

gdwtvb Loaded Pockets

I've been considering the one from County comm, in fact I was going to suggest it. I have considered getting it off and on. If you get it, please come back and tell us your impressions.

Thanks.

Grizz

7. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

I was going to suggest CountyComm as well, but just like gdwtvb I have no personal experience, just considered it on multiple occasions.
    I have the Tale of knives sheath without the pen holder, cause the idea of carrying a pen in the sheath didn't really appeal to me, but your point about using it for a bit driver might just flip my opinion on the pen holder.
    My old ToK sheath is a slide on sheath for a folding knife and large-ish flashlight, but I've been considering another one for a mid sized MT and slightly smaller light (AA/14500) with belt clips. Maybe I should throw a pen holder into the mix as well ..hmm.

8. WillAdams

WillAdams Loaded Pockets

loneslinger and Nick4305 like this.
  9. Sentinel-14

Sentinel-14 Loaded Pockets

These are cheap and abundant.
    https://www.harborfreight.com/hand-tools/screwdrivers-nutdrivers/3-piece-pen-style-precision-screwdrivers-65167.html

Thought about getting one for my EDC tool kit, but decided on a 1/4"-4mm adapter for the 1/4" bit ratchet I already carry. Carry the bits in a little homemade tube.

ETA: this set comes with 3 drivers but only 12 bits, 4 each Hex, phillips and slotted. The idea was probably to have one driver for each type. If I were to go this route, I'd buy more bits and have the full 12 in each driver.

10. epithetless

epithetless Empty Pockets

I have one of CountyComm's Titanium Pen Drivers, and I like it a lot. Reminds me of the old electrician's pen drivers my grandfather used to carry around in his shirt pocket, but with upscaled materials and bulletproof build quality. I keep mine clipped in my back pocket daily, alongside a knife and pry bar, in one of CountyComm's Secret Utility Double-Sided Pouches.

Pluses for me are the capacity to store four standard 1/4" bits (three internally and one at the tip); a strong magnet inside the bit holder so the exposed bit stays put, but is also easy to remove; a robust, built-in, and replaceable pocket clip; and overall durability. A minus would be the limited ability to torque down on stubborn screws (this is where the much pricier alternative of Big Idea Design's Bit Bar Inline excels), though leveraging your thumb against the pocket clip can help with this to a degree. That said, the Maratac Pen Driver gets the job done for me far more often than not.

It does appear that the the price went up with this latest batch -- as with most things lately -- but it's still not awful. Happy to answer any questions folks might have about it!

gdwtvb likes this.
  11. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

This magnetic pocket screwdriver holds 3 bits inside the handle. They are sold on eBay with various names on the handle. The one I have is labeled Suzo Happ.

[​IMG]

12. chevyscrounger

I received the CountyComm driver a couple days ago. As far as pen shaped form factor it's exactly what I was looking for. it's a little bigger than Tale of knives says fits their pen slot,but hopefully it'll work..
    I have a TOK clip on ordered to carry a olight s2r and a crunch which is what I needed the bit holder for.