1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

I lost ANOTHER knife/light

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by IThinkTooMuch, Dec 1, 2015.

?

Best way to NOT lose another knife/light combo

1. Key-bak type retractor

29.4%
  2. Bluetooth finder tag

11.8%
  3. Other (such as?)

58.8%
  1. IThinkTooMuch

IThinkTooMuch Loaded Pockets

Is a spring clip like a lobster claw, snap hook (home depot part number 7003s-6), or belt hook?

EDIT: I gave up looking for it and just decided to replace it. Was a Fenix E01 clipped to a LM Squirt PS4. Is a Fenix E05 clipped to a LM Micra with an ID tag on the ring. The ID tag has my phone number on it in case the person who finds it is honest. I'm only out an extra $3 if they're not.

I may dummy cord it to my belt as an extra precaution. The jury is still out on that.

Last edited by IThinkTooMuch, Dec 8, 2015
  2. night_shift

night_shift Loaded Pockets

Currently my knife (along with my light should I think the chances of needing it are high, otherwise it's in my bag) is attached to the belt loop on my pants nearest to my pocket with a small carabiner. The carabiner's size is just right for whatever's attached to it to fit right into the pocket. I could still lose an item if I use it and forget it somewhere but at least falling out of my pocket can't happen.

GrayMouser likes this.
  3. Tru7h

Tru7h Loaded Pockets

I can't speak for knives in the keychain tools forum. I just don't keep one on the keychain. My philosophy is that the keychain is for opening locked things only. I do break that rule for things that get used EXTREMELY frequently WITH the keys or are necessary to the key functionof the keys. That's a light and earpro, in that order.

As for not loosing the light, it's attached in the exact same manner as the keys themselves, whatever method that is at the moment. Right now that means niteize locking S biners to a stainless solid ring. If I loose the light, I've also lost the keys. That simple.

4. CAP5LOCK3D

CAP5LOCK3D Loaded Pockets

I lost my Thrunite T10T a week and a half ago on a 2 nighter. Not a huge economic loss but it's been haunting me since. I think it's because I've lost 5 EDC items on the last 3 overnight outings. Don't judge me.

5. CAP5LOCK3D

CAP5LOCK3D Loaded Pockets

The other loss that hurt the most was a Kershaw Scallion in blackwash that I paid entirely too much for. I miss it's Speedsafe 'schtk' sound.

6. Bradr302

Bradr302 Loaded Pockets

Nothing more exciting than getting some new gear in the mail.... nothing more depressing than realizing it has been lost...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

7. RAMBOCAT

RAMBOCAT Loaded Pockets

I'm a retired 65 year old and I spend 50% of my time losing things and 45% of my time hunting and cursing. The other 5% of the time is spent celebrating when I actually find something.

Mumbojumboo likes this.
  8. Telstar

Telstar Loaded Pockets

Time for some dummy cord my Brother.. I cord up my AA edc light to my closest belt loop after I had to replace it 3 times. Never again!

9. rolland

rolland Loaded Pockets

I always carry my Fenix PD in a carry holder made by Nite Ize Holster:
    REI has it for $9, Wally for about $8

10. victograph

victograph Loaded Pockets

Rethinking the belt holster. My fenix pd25 is being repaired by fenix after it took a fall when the belt holster hooked onto a scaffold I was climbing. Light tail down on concrete. Belt loop ripped out of the fenix holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. rolland

rolland Loaded Pockets

Ouch. Never had an issue in more then 2 years of using this method of flashlight carry.
    Had a Fenix PD32 first and now the 35.
    However i'm tempted at trying my hand at Kydex molding to make a custom Cell phone and Flashlight holster. still figuring the design.

12. wolfhunter3877

wolfhunter3877 Loaded Pockets

Bright side is you can use it as an excuse to buy a new light

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

13. pointoflight

pointoflight Loaded Pockets

It's a great feeling when you wear a piece of clothing you haven't put on in a while and find your lost knife or light....:bounce:

shmook likes this.
  14. shmook

shmook Loaded Pockets

This!

I lost a victorinox spartan a few months ago, thought it was gone.

Wore a jacket the other night and there it was in the pocket, just waiting patiently :)

15. Narcosynthesis

Narcosynthesis Loaded Pockets

The first thing I always think of is to stick to a routine - make a point of always carrying stuff in the same way and you will get used to it better - you can learn if certain pockets hold items more safely than others, and the routine makes it much easier to double check everything is where it should, rather than having to hunt through every pocket in your clothes to confirm.

After that, I go for a combination of making use of 'sealed' pockets with zippers or velcro closure, and TEC P7 clips and small carabiners to hold things where I want them.

16. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

three years or so..... cannot find my swamp rat R9. It has never left the property and it's a BIG knife!!!!

17. android752000

android752000 Loaded Pockets

He nearly got a very good deal haha, good thing you checked!

18. AJinNZ

AJinNZ Empty Pockets

I had and lost a Benchmade Ritter Griptillian in M4. Numbered run.......
    Carried it for years, never went anywhere without it. Was wearing different pants at work with shallow pockets and it fell out.
    Someone found it, I knew which desk it was on.....next day when going to collect........gone. Nobody knew anything. If I ever find the dirtbag who took it.....

I experienced a new level of 'annoyed'. New one is in M390. I use a paracord loop and a stainless mini carabiner clipped onto a split ring on the knife. My brother in law asked what the 'ugly thing' was on the knife, but as I said.....better than losing it.

19. EMAGDNIM

EMAGDNIM Loaded Pockets

I'll lose anything I put into my pockets eventually since trousers change on a daily basis. I haven't lost anything in three years since I started carrying a Saddleback satchel with me everyday.

20. Exwai

Exwai Loaded Pockets

I always read this thread as "I lost another knife fight" everytime I see this in the forum...

poe47 and c99camper like this.