1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

I know some of you guys do it.. what's your brand of choice???

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by KaBarred, Jan 12, 2009.

1. KaBarred

KaBarred Empty Pockets

For me.. Skoal Classic all the way!

[img width=640 height=480]http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq173/BrendanSlattery/0112090024.jpg[/img]

2. Bushman5

Bushman5 Loaded Pockets

I like pure natural tobacco leaf cured in molasses - nothing but REDMAN chewing tobacco for me!

[​IMG]

its really hard to find up here in Canada though....especially the Plug cut....

3. peacefuljeffrey

Oh god, no. :green:

4. Stelth

Stelth Banned

I tried Redman plug in High School and nearly puked. I felt hung over for an hour or two afterwards and was told "I just have to get used to it".
    My response then and now is: WHY would I want to "get used to it?" p.s. The friend who offered it to me has oral cancer. Enjoy!

5. 325doc

325doc Empty Pockets

Here is a story and kids, don't try @ home. When I was a medic in the Army, we all had friends that dipped. It is annoying finding dip cups all over the place. We came up with the brilliant idea to teach my grunts a lesson on mouth cancer and how to avoid it. I knew a medic, not me that would put syrup of ipecac (formula to induce vomiting in case of poisioning) in the dip. The affected solider would dip and vomit. He would do that several times before either buying a new dip of stopping all together. I did not like that way because I would now have to treat the soliders for vomiting and that is worse sometimes. So, I don't dip and we knew some guys that quit dipping. 2-cents.

325doc.

6. EDChris

EDChris Loaded Pockets

I don't chew, nor plan to. But this thread was started as a "What is your brand of choice?" thread, not a "Should I chew tobacco?" thread. Let's keep it on track before it turns into something ugly.

Thanks!

7. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Thank you!

8. DemskeetSkeet

DemskeetSkeet Loaded Pockets

Agreed! :thumbsdown: :green:

9. El Verbo

El Verbo Empty Pockets

beechnut!

Man, I miss chewing, too. It was the BEST but I had to quit because I found myself craving it all the time. I stopped because of the health issues.

I needed some dental work done and my dentist knew I was chewing! He pulled me to the side on the way out and showed some pictures of "adverse effects" of chewing and I stopped. I wouldn't say don't do it. It's not my place to say but just be mindful of the risks.

I enjoyed it when I did chew. MAN, DID I ENJOY IT!

10. El Verbo

El Verbo Empty Pockets

FYI, when you feel like puking THAT is when you know it's working and your body likes it! :laugh:

11. DiabloSc(+)pe

DiabloSc(+)pe Loaded Pockets

UGH* Just the meer looking at this thread is making me ILL ! :green: BAD EXPERIENCE as a Kid !!! Remember Big League Chew, Bubble Gum ? Start em off young :lolhammer:

12. El Verbo

El Verbo Empty Pockets

Diabloscope, let me get this straight. You have a cool/ mean Forum handle, avatar, and post in all the tough guy threads, yet you DON'T like the chew?! :laugh:

I'm losing the faith in all your posts! JK.

13. crossroads

crossroads Empty Pockets

Bad childhood experiences can ruin some things for people. Like me and tequila... :green: can't stand it anymore. Granted, I'm still pretty much a child (only 19), but I just can't take it, at least without a lot of salt or a lemon.

Back to topic: I've never tried this. In Australia it was apparently banned for quite some time, until at least 4 or 5 years ago, and even then, there are huge taxes on importing the stuff. Sounds like a unique experience though; I'll have to try it out at least once.

14. nbmaine2007

nbmaine2007 Loaded Pockets

+1. I put a lipfull in, and I was sitting down but that camp couldn't have been spinning faster. Never tried it again after that one experience.

15. molawns

molawns Loaded Pockets

I rarely dip or chew anymore....sadly, I prefer smoking now (I know...awful habits, all of them!)

When I was dipping on a regular basis, it was nothing but Copenhagen fine cut. Every once in a while when I couldn't find cans with fresh dates, I'd get a can of Skoal Mint Long Cut, or Hawken.

When I chewed, it was Jackson's Apple Jack when I could find it, or Lancaster. If I couldn't find Apple Jack or Lancaster, I'd get Beech Nut or Granger Select. I never really cared for Red Man or Red Man Golden Blend. If I picked up a plug, it would be nothing but Bloodhound Thick Cut plug tobacco.

Sometimes I wish I would have never started, since the chewing lead to the dipping which lead to the smoking. Sometimes I wish I could give up smoking and go back to dipping and chewing, but they just don't do it for me anymore.

16. Grizhicks

Grizhicks Loaded Pockets

While I rarely chew these days (maybe a pack of Redman a year), started off some 40 years ago on Beechnut and/or Redman. Later move to more Copenhagen than anything else, and used it all through Army basic training and AIT (mid 70's; no smoking on the rifle ranges, but we could chew). -- Greg

17. DiabloSc(+)pe

DiabloSc(+)pe Loaded Pockets

:lolhammer: ok . tried it a few times bout' 18 yrs old we went to Motocross / Protruck Racing the last one they had at the Los Angeles Sports Arena . and they were giving Chew out like candy ! So we were Chewing , Spitting , and Drinking beer ! :cheers: It felt like i shewed and swallowed all the Skoal Methol packets in the Arena ! well at least that what it looked like when i vomited :green: for four days :green: BUT !! when Smoking Cigars i will in fact savor the Tabacco in the last drags !!!

Now Tequila or Johnnie Walker Black, Straight up !!! No Salt ,No Lemon , Thats my BAG !!!! O0 I think ill have a glass now !! ;D

Plus my Dentist would kill me if i broke my 30 year streak with no damage to my Choppers & Gums

18. Timbokhan

Timbokhan Loaded Pockets

I started off with Copenhagen, and just got to the point where I couldn't stomach it anymore for some reason. Then I switched to Skoal Straight. Then, my good friend got a job working for the company that makes Grizzly, and since I got it for free, I switched to Grizzly straight. He had to move because of the job, and so I pay for my habit again, but I now prefer Grizzly over Skoal any day of the week.

19. Bushman5

Bushman5 Loaded Pockets

Thank You!

20. elkhills

elkhills Loaded Pockets